Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

May the 4th be with You Online Tournament

- - - - - Online Play Skype OCTGN LackeyCCG Organized Play

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

Majestaat

Majestaat

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1913 posts

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2739 posts

Somehow the audio commentary track wasn't synced up after it compiled and it wasn't just off by a few seconds it was off by a couple minutes.  Not sure what the heck happened.   May have to wait until the morning to fix it.

Eggzavier

Eggzavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

I smell a conspiracy..

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2739 posts

Ha.  No conspiracy, I promise.

What apparently happened is that when I tried to cut out some extraneous stuff from the start of the raw video file, it put the audio file out of sync.  After trying to fix that initial attempt, I realized it was easier to start from scratch.  The 2nd time I just left the extra stuff in at the beginning and that fixed the problem.  I have watched the edited video already and everything is in sync now.  In fact, the video for Game 1 is processing on the Yoda's Hut youtube channel as I'm typing this.  Assuming the timer on youtube is correct, it should be up for viewing in less than an hour.

Sorry for the bit of a delay.  I guess in my haste to try to get the video up ASAP, I wasn't as careful with the editing as I should have been. It does take a bit of time to coordinate doing commentary, then editing the video, then putting it up.  It's still going to be up less than 24 hours from when I got the initial raw video from Mitch2480, and less than 36 hours from when the game was actually played so that's not too bad.  :)

But trust me when I say, the game is well worth the wait. I've watched lots of games from high-level tournaments that have either been streamed or put up on youtube.  This really was one of the best games of Star Wars I've ever seen.  Two amazing players in a crazy back and forth battle that had about everything, and I'm not just saying that because it's going up on Yoda's Hut.  I feel honored that Mitch2480 and Kiramode were kind enough to let Queklaine and I do the commentary for it and hopefully we did a good job with that.

• doctormungmung, Jarratt, medfreeman and 1 other like this

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts

Congratulations to our winner, Mitch2480!

I must say it was a long tournament, but at least for the most part, there were few scheduling conflicts, and surprisingly no issues with finding a way to play online.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who participated. You have been part of the largest event of the year to date, so congratulations.

I will be posting all the results, some stats and information on prize support this evening after my class is done. Over the next few days you will see an additional announcement that prizes have been sent.

Again, thank you very much for the great time. I am taking ideas for the next tournament, and have some fun ideas already. Let me know what you would like to do!

Adam

• scwont, yodaman, Thaliak and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Online Play, Skype, OCTGN, LackeyCCG, Organized Play