Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

May the 4th be with You Online Tournament

- - - - - Online Play Skype OCTGN LackeyCCG Organized Play

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

DavFlamerock

DavFlamerock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

I missed the last one... I'm in for this one! I can stream/commentate big rounds too if I'm not participating and am available :)

Ditto, man, I need to commentate stuff for my resume

Kylar

Kylar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
I'm in too!

normanh

normanh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
MasterJediAdam, do you take Bitcoin?

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts
Question. If I'm only willing to play on octgn, is it still worth joining?

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

This is an excellent question. 

I wonder if there should be a skype pool and an OCTGN pool, though of course once you get to elims someone will have to cross over. 

• chunkygorillas likes this

BobaFett

BobaFett

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3037 posts

This is an excellent question. 

I wonder if there should be a skype pool and an OCTGN pool, though of course once you get to elims someone will have to cross over. 

IMO, there should be a default method of play, which again, imo, should be octgn.  Then outside of that, if 2 people want to play on a webcam on skype or lackey, then go for it.  I just don't have any interest in using a webcam to play, nor use lackey, but I want to play so, i guess i just need to know one way or the other so i know if I will be getting in on this or not.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

IMO, there should be a default method of play, which again, imo, should be octgn.  Then outside of that, if 2 people want to play on a webcam on skype or lackey, then go for it.  I just don't have any interest in using a webcam to play, nor use lackey, but I want to play so, i guess i just need to know one way or the other so i know if I will be getting in on this or not.

Yeah I would prefer to play on Skype because it's way faster and it means I don't have to update OCTGN, but I know I'm fine playing on OCTGN and think most people can. I would also have the up to date cards then which I wouldn't have with Skype because living on the other side of the world sucks.

I think most people have OCTGN. We could do a poll.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
A few weeks ago I was thinking it would be fun to get the Skype group together for a tourney. For this event I think an OCTGN default makes a lot of sense.

theChony

theChony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

To answer your question, if one refuses to play in at least 2 formats, then no, I don't think it would be worth it. I believe everyone I played with last time used Skype.

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts
Looks like the field is getting larger and and consequently more intense. I'll need to change up my game plan. Last time the plan was to ride The Cracken and hope my troopers do just enough to keep me afloat. This time I'll probably need to take both sides seriously to be able to make the cut.

Question for the judge: can people play GA if both players have access to it? Like if two European players got paired up or if two people played via Lackey which has the cards already uploaded. I know I personally have played a number of games with Maxrebo using the GA stuff and if we got paired up we would both love to use the new stuff against each other.

As for the Skype vs lackey thing: I think it's best to be able to play via two mediums if able. People went with just one option last time and it wasn't a big deal. When signing up you should list your preferred method of play so jedimasteradam can pair people on the same platform if able. But being capable of playing another method is helpful.
  • MaxRebo likes this

scwont

scwont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
A few questions:

1. Just to clarify the prize structure: are we guaranteed a playset of Tie Attack Squadrons if we participate?
2. Due to time zone differences, it's likely I'll have trouble scheduling some of my rounds and will have to forfeit some games during the tournament as a result. Do you have any issue with this?
3. For those of us outside the US who may be unable to get the new expansions straight away, would proxies of those cards (if playing by Skype) be acceptable?

• darthbs likes this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

3. For those of us outside the US who may be unable to get the new expansions straight away, would proxies of those cards (if playing by Skype) be acceptable?

The way I dealt with new packs coming out was I had one deck built with new stuff and one without. I think it's best to ask your opponent how they feel about it. The company line is that if it's out it can be used. But not everyone can get it the day it comes out or even within a week.

Now if you're two packs behind.... Then you're SOL and I'm playing my deck regardless.
  • HistoryGuy likes this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

The way I dealt with new packs coming out was I had one deck built with new stuff and one without. I think it's best to ask your opponent how they feel about it. The company line is that if it's out it can be used. But not everyone can get it the day it comes out or even within a week.

Now if you're two packs behind.... Then you're SOL and I'm playing my deck regardless.

Lol.

I mean this is as good a reason as any to OCTGN and/or Lackey.

I would probably rather play Skype and deal with it though.

However your GA question is also interesting. Perhaps the best idea would be what both players agree on which is what both players have access too. Though in the cut all bets are off.

Of course like I said I don't mind playing Skype a pack or two behind. I wouldn't want to play a deluxe behind but a couple of packs is no big deal.

kyloDrew

kyloDrew

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I would like to play.

senator52

senator52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

I'd like to play too. Might have to go and read the rule book again to check I haven't been houseruling anything without realising it...

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

I'd like to play too. Might have to go and read the rule book again to check I haven't been houseruling anything without realising it...

I house rule Tarkin casually with my normal play buddy but online all bets are off. I did almost miss an obvious Tarkin discard once because of it though.

R2Deakin

R2Deakin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I'm interested in playing in this too.

MaxRebo

MaxRebo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

I'd be interested as well.

HistoryGuy

HistoryGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts
I finally have a way to possibility mobile Skype, but I want to try it before I commit to something like this. How can I do that?

medfreeman

medfreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Definitely in !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Online Play, Skype, OCTGN, LackeyCCG, Organized Play