Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Master of Whispers and claim replacement

- - - - - melee

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1442 posts
I'd just assume that applying claim and discarding cards are different triggering conditions with different interrupt windows.

So, targets are chosen before interrupts can be triggered. Anything else is set before that?

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1052 posts

The whole initiation sequence (declare intent, determine costs, pay costs), cancels and saves (the last 2 being special cases of interrupts).

ktom

ktom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1463 posts

Well, I suppose you can think of them as different triggering conditions, but they are part of the same game occurrence, and so share the same timing window. How can applying claim and discarding cards be separate game occurrences when you apply claim by discarding the cards?

Remember that when a single game occurrence creates multiple triggering conditions, those triggering conditions share interrupt and reaction windows. It's like you winning a challenge and me losing the same challenge: They are different triggering conditions, but you winning and me losing are part of the same game occurrence, so those triggering conditions are valid at the same time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: melee