Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Illuminor Szeras Deck Thread

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Koldro

Koldro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

The drones combo seems nasty!

I also think World Engine Beam can be sweet with the Illuminator. (ok not sweet, crazy good)
Did you made any deck with the cards? (I might try one myself)

GuessWePlay5Rings

GuessWePlay5Rings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Deck I've been toying with below. Biggest issue would probably be the lack of backlash and weak command. Would probably cut the reanimating warriors, although they are pretty cute with the world engine beam + Szeras' ability.

Replicating scarabs are pretty much unplayable but they're surprisingly good with the parasitic scarabs. Healing in general helps your parasitic scarabs go overboard.

The canoptek scarab swarms are there since the deck isn't particularly good at fighting and likes card advantage. They're cute with the world engine beam as well, and are free when you have parasitic scarabs. They may be better off as pure command units though - and tomb blade diversionists are certainly a superior card, Szeras synergy aside.

The canoptek spyder's have been a bit dissapointing but im leaving two in since they heal and hit hard. I would really like to go to 3 harbinger's of eternity because theyre crazy good but this is the build I have now.

World engine beam may be too cute though, as the first cards I'd put in with it are backlashes. However, it does give you tons of money if you have an elite and a royal phylactery:

3 canoptek scarab swarm

2 Duke of Debris

1 Void Pirate

3 Parasitic Scarabs

2 replicating scarabs

4 augmented warriors

3 Reanimating warriors

2 Canoptek spyder

3 Rumbling tomb stalker

3 Lychguard Sentinel

2 Harbingers of Eternity

(28 units)

3 STC Fragment

2 World Engine Beam

1 Master Program

1 Dissection Chamber

(7 Supports)

1 Eldritch Lance

3 Royal Phylactery

(4 attachments)

3 Recycle

3 Reanimation Protocol

2 Mechanical Enhancement

2 Vivisection

1 Extermination

(11 Events)

The deck makes lots of money - I'm thinking of going up to 9 elites. Also, besides the backlash I keep mentioning, I think Earth Caste Technician could really be a Necron all-star in finding the parasitic scarabs, since they're quite excellent.

Let me know what you guys are working with!

Edit: the deck is meant to be a somewhat strong casual deck - I'm sure it gets dismembered by Kith, Chaos Elites, and Orks in its current state.

Still - it is fun to play with new toys!

Austine

Austine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Tested the deck.

It's amazing when it works! You feel like a mad necron scholar doing experiments on remote planets. (AKA, the two scarabs on P5, and start the combooooo)

killaszit

killaszit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

just wanted to leave it here

Parasite Scarab + Royal Phylactery + Decaying Warror Squad + Dynastic Weaponry = IMO Parasite Scarab need some errata (like once per phase or smth)

dont know why i cant paste any text here so I wont put my decklist here but when resources are not a problem (and its really not a problem with Szeraz and some cron and tau cards) u pretty cant do nothing to win battle against single DWS + Dynastic Weaponry

(when u win against Worr without sweating u know this deck is close to imba;)

there is my ocgtn game with Slaneesh Devotee on YT when u can exaclty see what is going on

the only real problem is to put DWS in discard ASAP, enemy can try to play around it (like routing unit etc or trying to put DWS on further planets to get tchem away form battle on planet 1) but then come World Engine Beam :)

coldeva

coldeva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

just wanted to leave it here

Parasite Scarab + Royal Phylactery + Decaying Warror Squad + Dynastic Weaponry = IMO Parasite Scarab need some errata (like once per phase or smth)

dont know why i cant paste any text here so I wont put my decklist here but when resources are not a problem (and its really not a problem with Szeraz and some cron and tau cards) u pretty cant do nothing to win battle against single DWS + Dynastic Weaponry

(when u win against Worr without sweating u know this deck is close to imba;)

there is my ocgtn game with Slaneesh Devotee on YT when u can exaclty see what is going on

the only real problem is to put DWS in discard ASAP, enemy can try to play around it (like routing unit etc or trying to put DWS on further planets to get tchem away form battle on planet 1) but then come World Engine Beam :)

royal phylactery will active after the combat round begins at this planet, you have the chance to destroy the scarab. 

further more, each time NEC player use the effect, he must discard a card from his deck, if it is a royal phylactery, that will be horrible to illuminor

killaszit

killaszit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Well... Royal phylactery triggers at the beginig of each phase so by the time it gets to battle u r +2 on resources just likw that plus u can still play dws for 1 from discard. Discarding isnt a problem if u pay attention to not mill urself

Koldro

Koldro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

The Parasitic Scarabs are : No Wargear attachments.

http://www.conquestd...rasitic-scarabs

So, you can't give them Phylactery.

Btw: I've seen the game on YT, it was really great!

killaszit

killaszit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

hahaha K.O. 

nothing to do here:)

square

square

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

@killaszit

Wouldn't mind seeing your list if you can figure out how to paste it here.

killaszit

killaszit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Army (27)
4x Augmented Warriors (Searching for Truth)
3x Carnivore Pack (Core Set)
3x Decaying Warrior Squad (Legions of Death)
3x Earth Caste Technician (Core Set)
2x Gue'vesa Overseer (Overrun)
3x Parasitic Scarabs (Overrun)
3x Replicating Scarabs (Promise of War)
3x Rogue Trader (Core Set)
3x Rumbling Tomb Stalker (Slash and Burn)

Attachment (10)
3x Dynastic Weaponry (Stars Aligned)
1x Eldritch Lance (Searching for Truth)
3x Promotion (Core Set)
3x Royal Phylactery (Legions of Death)

Event (8)
3x Mechanical Enhancement (Legions of Death)
3x Reanimation Protocol (Legions of Death)
2x Vivisection (Searching for Truth)

Support (5)
1x Dissection Chamber (Searching for Truth)
2x Promethium Mine (Core Set)
2x World Engine Beam (Stars Aligned)

Created with: www.conquestdb.com

• Austine and Loubino like this

SlaaneshDevotee

SlaaneshDevotee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Ah, that would make a big difference. Lots of resources there when you're not paying attention!

square

square

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

In regards to World Engine Beam, can you deal more damage than a unit has HP? Like assigning 8 damage to Carnivore Pack to destroy something and get 3 resources?

@killaszit

How has Promethium Mine been for you? And is Carnivore Pack in there mostly as a World Engine Beam enabler?

killaszit

killaszit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

no u cant - this is indirect dmg so u cant assign more then units hp?

hard to tell yey about promotheum mine

wolrd engine beam can by used to kill carnivore is necessary, it can kill DWS to make'em back to discard or u can dmg unit with royal phylactery on to gain some resources

Loubino

Loubino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yeah, the World Engine Beam is very flexible! Worth mentioning also my favorite use: Kill your own poor exhausted single unit that just met Eldorath and a passing-by Vyper. ;)

As for indirect damage: I confirm you cannot assign more indirect damage to a target than its remaining HP.

killaszit

killaszit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

the bigest threat to this deck is planet flop which gives win on 3rd planet and lack of DWS in hand or discard (i loose only if this scenario happens, other than that I've never lost)

thats why I decided to drop mines for Weight of The Aeons - will see if it helps

Austine

Austine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Just played a game against killaszit's deck. It's scary.

GuessWePlay5Rings' deck is fine but there is no DWS. Killaszit's variant is terrifying, I was saved my raw luck.

• SlaaneshDevotee likes this