Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I'm thinking about getting back in. What's the game like now?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DoogieBrow

DoogieBrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I quit halfway through the Spin Cycle and I'm thinking about starting up again, but I had some questions. If anyone would like to take the time to answer these I'd appreciate it.

1. Have there been any changes to the rules?

2. Any bans or restrictions?

3. Does the community continue to grow or is it remaining steady or shrinking? I realize this will vary by location, but I'm still interested in hearing about it.

4. What are the current decks to beat?

5. Any data packs not worth getting?

6. And how has the game changed since it first came out?

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
1 and 2. There is now the NAPD Most Wanted List, a list of 11 powerful cards that cost one extra influence for any faction to include, even in faction. The Professor is unaffected by this list, and thus is now playable.

3. It's fairly stable now, though the rise of Industrial Genomics asset spam decks threatens to destroy the game.

4. https://netrunnerdb....and-terrible-ig
https://netrunnerdb....mead-hall-store
https://netrunnerdb....enix-comics-tt-

Those are the three decks to beat, and make up 90% of tourney decks right now.

5. Can't help with this. Get them all.

6. Faust (The Underway). That is the biggest change. Protecting your servers and advancing agendas is no longer enough to win the game as Corp, and there is little reason to play any runner deck other than Anarch. Corp is a little more balanced, as Jinteki asset spam and NBN asset spam vie for control. Engineering the Future used to have a really strong deck, but the MWL and Political Operative killed that.
  • Valdemart and DoogieBrow like this

DoogieBrow

DoogieBrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks! That's exactly the info I was looking for. Is Industrial Genomics really that bad? I seem to remember Anarch Noise being very good until Howard Jackson came along. Is it something that can be solved in a similar way?

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

The best way to experience an Industrial Genomics game is to watch one on jinteki.net. Oh right, you don't know about that. It is a way to play Netrunner online. Just look at games in progress and find a Jinteki one. It will likely be IG. The only way to solve it is to ban Museum, or run Whizzard with Scrubbers. They released something meant to solve it called Salsette Slums, but it is too crappy to ever run and doesn't do enough, so it continues.

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

Top Runners (In order):

Whizzard (particularly Dumblefork archetype like I showed you)

Noise

Hayley Kaplan

Valencia Estavez

MaxX

Kate

Andromeda

Leela Patel

Reina Roja

Top Corps

Industrial Genomics

Near Earth Hub

Haarpsichord Studios

Engineering the Future

Palana Foods

Replicating Perfection

Cerebral Imaging (still around, though not as common as it used to be when you got out)

Bold are the only ones you will see most of the time. Valencia is included in anticipation of Rebirth in Temple of The Liberated Mind, which comes out Thursday. ETF used to be really common, and won worlds, but post Councilman (Democracy and Dogma) and Political Operative (Democracy and Dogma), it is no longer as reliable.

Important Cards to know:

Faust, Underway

Caprice Nisei, Double Time

Museum of History, Kala Ghoda

Traffic Accident, Order and Chaos

• Jhaelen likes this