Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Arkham Horror LCG

• Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
http://www.pic-uploa...8/news.jpg.html

Doesn't that seem a little too realistic to be a hoax? And it is cooperative! I might play it!
  • BlackLobster likes this

blinovitch

blinovitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

If it's a hoax, it's an excellent mock-up. It's getting close to "this year at GenCon" announcement time, too.

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
Game on. I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

Game on. I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Of course, this means that it's time to get the Lotr legacy program up and running for when they kill it.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

wait wait wait??? A Lord of the Rings game with Cthulhu setting???? MMMMM Intrigued! I would love if this is real! (but also sad knowing wouldn't ever get a competitive CoC again though)

• IdeYoshiya, Garnett11 and MightyToenail like this

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

Of course, this means that it's time to get the Lotr legacy program up and running for when they kill it.

doesn't mean they would have to end Lotr. Sure it shows that they may I mean the game is showing age with some things and the saga expansions are almost done but its one of their best selling lcgs so as long as they can think of content still I could see it going for a little longer. 

• MightyToenail likes this

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

doesn't mean they would have to end Lotr. Sure it shows that they may I mean the game is showing age with some things and the saga expansions are almost done but its one of their best selling lcgs so as long as they can think of content still I could see it going for a little longer.

They have already said that new LCGs will replace old ones.
Conquest replaces invasion
Got2.0 replaces got 1.0
L5R replaces Cthulhu
Arkham Horror replaces...

But then again, Lotr appeals to a much different crowd than the rest of the LCGs, so there is still hope.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts

mmm when did they say replace old ones? I've listened to all their announcements and such and don't remember hearing that. They may have said something similar but not in a way that when a new one comes in a old one must leave but just that new lcgs will come and older ones will eventually run its course. 

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

mmm when did they say replace old ones? I've listened to all their announcements and such and don't remember hearing that. They may have said something similar but not in a way that when a new one comes in a old one must leave but just that new lcgs will come and older ones will eventually run its course.

At least that's what I heard on the FFG forums with regards to L5R and Cthulhu. Apparently they said that. Dunno when.

blinovitch

blinovitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

At least that's what I heard on the FFG forums with regards to L5R and Cthulhu. Apparently they said that. Dunno when.

During their In Flight report at GenCon last August, the speaker said he felt there was still space in the LCG market. At the time, I took that to refer to the total number of LCGs they published. However, maybe he was referring to types: competitive vs co-op, or 1 on 1 versus larger groups.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

They have never said old games would replace new ones. Just that they were unsure how many they could handle in total but that there is still room for new ideas in the LCGs.

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
Okay, I'm wrong. Feel free to shoot me. :P

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

3f4ab49cf7c2ba6f7b0885e9b97478a5.jpg

• Zilvake, tdnordine and MightyToenail like this

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

They have already said that new LCGs will replace old ones.
Conquest replaces invasion
Got2.0 replaces got 1.0
L5R replaces Cthulhu
Arkham Horror replaces...
But then again, Lotr appeals to a much different crowd than the rest of the LCGs, so there is still hope.

Arkham replaces cthulhu, L5R is still a long way away.

MagnusArcanis

MagnusArcanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Where did this come from?

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts
https://community.fa...nd-of-lotr-lcg/

You have to read the whole thread.

Mulletcheese

Mulletcheese

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1048 posts
I'm calling this now:

The investigator cards will be double sided, with sane and insane versions of the investigator.
Damage > health will kill the investigator but loss of all sanity will flip the card.

Each investigator will have group of cards that have to be taken with it, ala conquest, e.g. so the nun will start with a crucifix, rosemary, prayer event etc.

This will be ffg's answer to the pathfinder card game, with the campaign mode being equivalent to the legacy type of gameplay found in pathfinder.
  • Zilvake and MightyToenail like this

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

I'm calling this now:

The investigator cards will be double sided, with sane and insane versions of the investigator.
Damage > health will kill the investigator but loss of all sanity will flip the card.

Each investigator will have group of cards that have to be taken with it, ala conquest, e.g. so the nun will start with a crucifix, rosemary, prayer event etc.

This will be ffg's answer to the pathfinder card game, with the campaign mode being equivalent to the legacy type of gameplay found in pathfinder.

That sounds quite cool. Especially the double sided insane thing.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

I was thinking double sided too but my idea was one side for solo and one side for regular play.

Will be very interesting to see if this leak proves true like the wave 4 Armada leak last week and the wave 9 X-Wing that I hope proves true.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
So when expect be out if true? Probably announce at gencon