Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Heresy Cycle - Fan made expansion

fan made new cards

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

gamerjoe

gamerjoe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
I really like you work.
Great stuff. I really hope you can create some csrd for orc as well.

Will pnp you creating this weekend if possinble..
Thank you

FerrusManus

FerrusManus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Vindicator should be DS. Make it red cost 5, DS cost 3 with the same stats.

And yeah, great work. And it into octgn plz! :)

phillosmaster

phillosmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

The art you used for 4th Company Tactical Squad is one of my favorite pieces of Space Marine art.  It's a shame we didn't get more Imperial Fist cards.  Conquest needed more Storm Shields and Thunder Hammers.

Testar

Testar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

First of all great job coming up with these cards!!  I'd really like to know how you created the cards, like which software did you use and what template.  Second would you help people who are bad at such things to turn their creations into virtual cards?  Thanks and keep them coming. 

Well, it wasn't that hard. I'm using Gimp, it's not a black magic, basic knowladge of how to use it should be enough to make your own card. You just need to manually erase orginal art and replace it with new one, do a little airbrushing to remove card text, and add your own text (I use Impact Condensed [20/15] for title and Liberation Serif [12 for text, and 12/10 for traits] for the rest) and stats. Idk if I can tell you something more, it seems rather simple to me. 

Vindicator should be DS. Make it red cost 5, DS cost 3 with the same stats.

And yeah, great work. And it into octgn plz! :)

I haven't even play a single game on OCTGN and I definitely dont know how to make cards in those format. 

• Ultramarine likes this

Domino

Domino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

This is some great stuff, looking forward to seeing more ideas.

DrT

DrT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I might give this a try this weekend.

Turquine

Turquine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Those who professed the discontinuity of Conquest were wrong after all.

GREAT JOB!

Testar

Testar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

A small update - I'm not dead. I've just got a lot going on in my life recently. 

And that means (if anyone cares) that there are more cards incoming.

Anyway, I doesn't mean that I have nothing new for you. These are the promo cards that I've made for the last big tournament in Warsaw (And I don't want to make new thread just for this). As you can see I've finally meanged to make bloodied side of warlord so I'll update old ones in the near future.

6dXBRdx.pngGlpxHzc.png

krhyGlD.pngGxPqjgU.png

LdSrOJn.pnga89gbi4.png

NAVfQwJ.pngA2e6mIy.png

bhLPFF6.pngYiGY6WX.png

And as I mentioned before we menaged to print them for the cool rewards. Here's one irl.

3i8kcyV.jpg

Stay tuned for future updates!

• Ultramarine, MightyToenail and Skyknight like this

Testar

Testar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

And another update of is here! Arrrrrr! This time we are diving in more pirate theme, but also while showing good, old (literally very old) Necrons some love! Ready-to-print versions are not done yet, but I'll do them as soon as possible, while also giving small changes to cards that were already made. Let's get to the point!

Spoiler

As always I would be thankful to hear your opinions and reports on any mistakes. 

• Gosgosh, Skyknight and Rinabros like this

LilBabyDragon

LilBabyDragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Just gave a cursory glance but here are a few errors that stuck out to me (mostly typos and game terminology):

- on a lot of cards when you talk about the Slave token, you use the word "place" when I think you mean "put." As far as I know, "place" is only used when describing where cards go when going back into your deck, whereas "put" is used when they come into play.

- also a couple of cards use "after that" but I think the existing game terminology is "then"

Ruthless Flayers: After a warlord

Improved Calibration: If your opponent

Tomb World: After the deploy phase begins, put (Necron) unit.... is this unit's printed HP value.

Shard of the Nightbringer: unit by an attack... +2 ATK for its next attack...

Ancient Crypt: When both players are committing their warlords, prevent one non-Elite army unit you control from committing and keep it in your HQ. After that(then), remove all damage from that unit.

Relentless Immortal: This unit's ATK value is equal to its HP.

Ork Pirate: If your opponent has

Err Boss: When a unit you control

Morgaash Kulgraz: If the enemy warlord

Ambushing Kabalite: army unit at this planet

(shouldn't this unit have ambush?)

Blood Ravens Relic Protector: After this unit commits to a planet, search your discard pile for a Relic card. Reveal it and add it to your hand.

Slave: No wargear attachments... If unit is at a planet, sacrifice it to... 

I'm no rules lawyer, but Flayed Ones and Corsair Attack are complete nightmares to read and understand.

• Testar, Skyknight and Rinabros like this

Testar

Testar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Just gave a cursory glance but here are a few errors that stuck out to me (mostly typos and game terminology):

- on a lot of cards when you talk about the Slave token, you use the word "place" when I think you mean "put." As far as I know, "place" is only used when describing where cards go when going back into your deck, whereas "put" is used when they come into play.

- also a couple of cards use "after that" but I think the existing game terminology is "then"

Ruthless Flayers: After a warlord

Improved Calibration: If your opponent

Tomb World: After the deploy phase begins, put (Necron) unit.... is this unit's printed HP value.

Shard of the Nightbringer: unit by an attack... +2 ATK for its next attack...

Ancient Crypt: When both players are committing their warlords, prevent one non-Elite army unit you control from committing and keep it in your HQ. After that(then), remove all damage from that unit.

Relentless Immortal: This unit's ATK value is equal to its HP.

Ork Pirate: If your opponent has

Err Boss: When a unit you control

Morgaash Kulgraz: If the enemy warlord

Ambushing Kabalite: army unit at this planet

(shouldn't this unit have ambush?)

Blood Ravens Relic Protector: After this unit commits to a planet, search your discard pile for a Relic card. Reveal it and add it to your hand.

Slave: No wargear attachments... If unit is at a planet, sacrifice it to... 

I'm no rules lawyer, but Flayed Ones and Corsair Attack are complete nightmares to read and understand.

Thank you for all thoroughness! Well, I realize that those two card are really a wall of text and I thought about it, if I should design cards like that. Still, I just like them, they are fluff accurate and have a cool, tricky mechanics. So I decided to give it a try but it might not be a best idea. Hmm... I'll think about it 

dnapolitano

dnapolitano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
I like the idea behind the dark eldar warlord. It's a very interesting design for alterate economy. On surface it may also keep itself in check by using cards and resources to generate the slaves that will then give a boost later but that themselves are exposed to destruction. Meaning it has a built in governer. I imagine it could play like a snowball threat that your opponent must control and I like the idea of that interplay.

In terms of wordy text, Brad mentioned something to that purpose in an interview if I recall correctly. That overall design includes appearance of the card and that includes the visual presentation of text. Even some ffg cards somewhat fail here (see corpulent ork). Personally I'm more willing to forgive it on fan created content but can see the conundrum it poses for a designer

LittleJacob

LittleJacob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

That new Chaos Warlord is fantastic! :D

LittleJacob

LittleJacob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

For the Dark Gods! Some new cards if someone is interested.

PyHJpGl.pngwikX5nf.pngebejWib.pngmOCSy7r.pnglZdC89y.pngQCDykDp.png
rxMFArK.pngSaEXrSX.pngxTDrOdY.png9j7mUqY.pngfGaiYph.pngZPz1cOP.png
JBU6yJq.png7mtw6pG.pngmPLMeh4.pngHfL7vaK.pngZemU7Rm.png

You should write Apostles instead of Apostoles :) http://warhammer40k....es_of_Contagion

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fan made, new cards