Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Lord of the Rings: the Card Game Progression Series (The Hive Tyrant)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
The Progression Series continues! Today, while still fresh from our recent investigations of the Emyn Muil, Matthew and I crack open The Dead Marshes adventure pack. Inside, we find one of the strongest heroes ever to be produced for LOTR LCG, as well as a whole host of cards that we really enjoyed talking about.

Do be sure to express your own sentiments on and experiences with these cards in the YouTube comments, and look forward to he and I finally attempting to manage our capture of the elusive, deplorable Gollum soon! Take care everybody, and thanks for watching ^_^

• KalisaBeD likes this

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
The Progression Series continues!

After months of tireless searching, Matthew and I have finally discovered the whereabouts of the wicked and loathsome Gollum. As we wade into the murky, misty swamplands to secure our capture of the creature, will dark knowledge of the long-forgotten, waterlogged ancient battlefield allow Gollum to, at the last moment, elude us?

Will our quarry be snatched and bound, or instead, shall our Fellowship be gobbled up by vast, serpentine worms, or even mesmerized into drowning by the lights and spirits of the long dead?

Please share your own play experiences and strategies with The Dead Marshes in the comments, and I hope you enjoy today's video!

As always, we may not be able to produce these episodes half so often as we would like, but we appreciate your patience and are grateful for your support of our series. Take care!

nguyentrongvan

nguyentrongvan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Nice thread. Thanks :)

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
As one year draws to an end, a New Age prepares to dawn - and thus, your Progression Series co-hosts present the first of the last of our Shadows of Mirkwood cycle coverage!

Today, Mitch and Matthew crack open "Return to Mirkwood." Our latest pack may contain some objectively powerful cards, but we very much look forward to sharing our discussion of how we REALLY feel about them with you!

Do please give us the gift of sharing one of your own opinions on one or more of these cards in the YouTube comments, and here's wishing you and your loved ones the best during this holiday season and over the upcoming new year.

Vimes

Vimes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Just wanted to write a quick note and say that I am enjoying this series immensely.  I hope you continue the good work.

• Friman likes this

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
With the hissing, indignant, and hate-filled Gollum having at last been captured and bound in the swampy morass of the Dead Marshes, our intrepid heroes have but one final task to finish prior to completing their quest - they must Return to Mirkwood!

Will Mitch and Matthew be able to safely guard and transport the irate, wailing troglodyte to the halls of the elven king, so that he might see interrogation? Or instead, will the anguished, enraged cries and howls of the bound creature beckon forth more chattering, skittering dangers from the dark and treacherous trees of the surrounding forest than our heroes are able to contend with?

Be sure not to miss this ensorcelling conclusion to the Progression Series' adventures in the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle, and please share your own experiences with this scenario in the comments!

As always, take care, and thanks for watching.

• doenerone likes this

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
As the Progression Series prepares to cover the upcoming Khazad-dûm deluxe expansion and its associated Dwarrowdelf cycle, please join Matthew and I as we put a bow on our Shadows of Mirkwood coverage!

Today, we talk all about themes and trends, and share our overall opinions of each of the products that we've reviewed and played thus far. We discuss the state of Heroes and player cards in the CORE Set, as well as how they evolved over the course of our first full expansion block. Matthew and I share our personal sentiments and experiences playing through each of our first nine scenarios, and I would adore the opportunity to read some of your own opinions on any or all of these topics in the comments!

So, please enjoy over two hours of podcast-style listening, let Matthew and I know if you agree or disagree with our thoughts on what we've seen in LOTR LCG thus far, and here's hoping that you enjoy the rest of your weekend. Take care, community, and fare well!

• doenerone likes this

Derbo

Derbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Love your videos.
Picked the game up last year and bought nearly everything so far released. Not playing as much as wanted, but enjoying the game.
Your videos were a great help learning the game.
Tanks for your effort!

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
With the Shadows of Mirkwood cycle now well behind us, this next adventure sees Matthew and I as part of a scouting party from Gondor which has ventured deep within the ruins of Osgiliath. Finding ourselves suddenly waylaid by the vanguard forces of a huge host in service of the Enemy, have we any hope of escape, so as to warn the vulnerable citizens of the White City? Shall the Progression Series co-hosts again reign triumphant, or shall we instead find ourselves slain by a foe no man may fell? After far too many weeks of absence, be sure to check out the latest installment of the series, enjoy, and look forward to more to come soon!

• doenerone and 4wallz like this

Jreilly89

Jreilly89

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

HiveTyrant, loving your series! Sad to see less Warhammer40k Conquest videos, but happy as I've just gotten into Lord of the Rings, so seeing this huge backlog of videos is great :D

• TheHiveTyrant likes this

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Today, the Progression Series finally delves into LOTR LCG’s very first deluxe expansion – please do Matthew and I the honor of joining us for our evaluation of the player cards of Khazad-dûm!

• doenerone and 4wallz like this

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Today, the Progression Series steels itself to enter the ancient and sorrowfully fallen Dwarf kingdom of Moria. Join Mitch​ and Matthew​ as we take on the very first scenario of Khazad-dûm – it's Into the Pit!

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
From Horn Blowers to Cave Trolls, it's time that the Progression Series adventure in Khazad-dûm continues! Join Mitch​ and Matthew​ for another harrowing installment of the series, as we together test our mettle against the encroaching Orc hordes of The Seventh Level. As ever, please share your own experiences with this scenario in the comments, and until next time - take care! 

• 4wallz likes this

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Balin has been lost, and the ancient Dwarf kingdom of Khazad-dûm has been confirmed to be overflowing with the ever-multiplying rank and file of the Enemy.

As the heroes of the Progression Series prepare for the next mission of their unending journey, they find themselves hunted by a creature more old and unyielding than the very mines they explore; at once, our adventurers are engulfed in choking and burning flame, and strangled by blanketing, smothering shadow.

Against a foe whose power is rivaled only by its wickedness, cunning, and fury, there is no hope for victory. Today, please join co-hosts Mitch and Matthew of the Progression Series for our play-through of Flight from Moria!

While watching, please do us the kindness of sharing your very own best (and worst!) experiences playing through any of the scenarios from LOTR LCG's very first deluxe expansion; each viewer comment is a delightful opportunity for interaction with the community, and I love exchanging fond memories with fellow fans of this gem of a card game.

Thank you to everyone for watching, and for your ongoing support of this series, and until next episode - take care!

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
The Progression Series enters the Dwarrowdelf cycle!

Today, join Mitch and Matthew as they examine the new hero and player cards of The Redhorn Gate, and give their initial thoughts on the subtle new keyword "Secrecy."

As always, please share your own thoughts on these cards and our new keyword in the comments!

As an aside, I (Mitch) have officially completed all coursework required to obtain a second Bachelor's degree - this time, in Nutrition and Dietetics. As I make the transition into a new phase of my life (in ongoing pursuit of a career-job or an internship), here's looking forward to my finally having a little free time again, for a change!

Thank you to everyone for your ongoing interest in and support of this series, and I hope you enjoy this new episode. Look forward to the PS2 TRG scenario play-through to come soon, as well as a great many more episodes eventually thereafter.

Until next time, enjoy the rest of your weekend, and take care!

The Redhorn Gate Player Card Review - LOTR LCG Progression Series Episode #13

• 4wallz likes this

chiller087

chiller087

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts
I just recently got back into the game (after having my entire player card collection stolen) thx to a buddy who's been wanting to get into the game. I'm looking forward to going through and watching all of these.

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
Whether from climate change or treacherous wizardry, the weather of the Misty Mountains has never been so perilous. Today though, Mitch and Matthew brave the cold to bring you the latest installment of the Progression Series!

Shall they deliver Arwen Undomiel to the safety of Rivendell, or instead succumb to the insidious mountain? Find out, as they tackle The Redhorn Gate, and share your own experiences in the comments!

• 4wallz likes this

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
It’s time for the co-hosts of the Progression Series to get ready for the second leg of their elven vacation – join Mitch​ and Matthew​ as they assess the new player cards of the upcoming scenario, "Road to Rivendell!"

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
After journeying safely past the treacherous and unyielding cold of Caradrhas, your Progression Series co-hosts begin the next leg of their Dwarrowdelf adventure! Shall they deliver Arwen Undomiel to the safety of Rivendell, or instead find themselves exsanguinated from ambush? Be sure to tune in to find out, share your own experiences playing “Road to Rivendell” in the comments, and until next episode – take care!

TheHiveTyrant

TheHiveTyrant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
The Progression Series returns! Join co-hosts Mitch​ and Matthew​ as we evaluate the player cards of The Watcher in the Water. Do share your own opinion and experiences with these cards in the comments, and until next time - take care!