Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[French Nationals 2016] September 17th & 18th - General information

- - - - - nationals 2016 france french championship

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

As far as I remember, Htrader is playing that :

Palpatine Mission x2
Yularen x2
Counsel of the Sith x2
Boc x1
GA Vador x1
Executor x1
Core Tarkin x1
Inquisitor x1

That deck looks consistent with some of the lists we've seen in the Superlaser/mission deck thread. Looking forward to seeing more lists. That Lobot deck looks pretty nutty.

Tr4j4n

Tr4j4n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
Another Superlaser/mission deck (mine) :

Palpatine Mission x2
Yularen x2
GA Vador x1
Core Tarkin x1
Inquisitor x1
Motti x1
Sate x1
Killing Cold x1
Echoes Mara x1

I really like Trompers from killing cold with Palpatine and Yularen : It can prevents one obj from being destroyed, leaving damage for Yularen and Fist, and force to attack another obj than Promise of Emperor.

Sate is great to recurse Fist and Turbolaser, and it have one cancel for a game-breaker Echo cavern or early Deneba refueling station (that stay focus).

Probably Htrader's Boc is better than my Mara, I never use Rage on the week-end, Mara cost 4 instead of 3 for Boc, and the saber from boc is simply better.

And motti's pod was here for additional ressources, Motti himself and Orbital bombardment, that is great to turn a defensive board with tactics and unit damage into a more agressive one.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

Another Superlaser/mission deck (mine) :

Palpatine Mission x2
Yularen x2
GA Vador x1
Core Tarkin x1
Inquisitor x1
Motti x1
Sate x1
Killing Cold x1
Echoes Mara x1

I really like Trompers from killing cold with Palpatine and Yularen : It can prevents one obj from being destroyed, leaving damage for Yularen and Fist, and force to attack another obj than Promise of Emperor.

Sate is great to recurse Fist and Turbolaser, and it have one cancel for a game-breaker Echo cavern or early Deneba refueling station (that stay focus).

Probably Htrader's Boc is better than my Mara, I never use Rage on the week-end, Mara cost 4 instead of 3 for Boc, and the saber from boc is simply better.

And motti's pod was here for additional ressources, Motti himself and Orbital bombardment, that is great to turn a defensive board with tactics and unit damage into a more agressive one.

I also like Mara over Boc but you have more resources with Motti so you maybe don't need the Mara resource.

scwont

scwont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

I like this idea a lot. It's a shame resource-less slots are already at a premium in this deck type thanks to Palp having none, and Inquisitor and Boc being such good options already.

AegonTargaryen

AegonTargaryen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

... That Lobot deck looks pretty nutty.

Trajan's LS Lobot deck is pretty good. It has won countless games on OCTGN and made TOP 6. There are so many great card interactions here it's hard to count.

The deck has a proven base with 2x Falcon, 2x Yoda and 1x Gamor.

Momaw Nadow helps you to get out powerful enhancements such as Echo Base Caverns, Lobot's Security Control Center, Asteroid Base or Hidden Backup.

With all these enhancements, The Gardener's Secret much helps you take the Force, as does Gamor of course.

Security Control Center provides all your units with a shield when they enter play. It's hard to stop the Falcon, but almost impossible if it enters with a shield each turn! And the unit you exchange for the Falcon, too. Ferus Olin, Asteroid Base and his droids allow you to put these shields to good use. Give your unit an extra unit or blast damage !

Speaking of extra icons, that's what Echo Base Cavern provides, too, and even steals them from your opponent. So your Renegade Squadron Operative who entered with a shield suddenly becomes a possible 4U-0B-0T or 3U-1B-0T or 2U-1B-1T etc. unit. Or even better:

Renegade Reinforcements gives a tactics to Renegade Squadron, Corporal Beezer and the two Renegade Squadron Operatives when in play. And Beezer can get additional icons by herself.

You can make strikes from out of combat with Hidden Backup (well, sort of), Directed Fire and Cloud City Wing Guards. With the old Sith almost gone, the CCWG is a much better unit. With EBC and SCC/Asteroid Base they can even get additional icons. Directed Fire and Yoda can be game-breaking. You think the old Jedi Master is not in the fight and suddenly you get hit by [Death Star Dial Damage] + Tactics. Or look at Lobot and Hidden Backup, that's very mean. Imagine you win the edge as defender and suddenly Lobot is participating. No icons for the opponent.

I am sure you will find more great card interactions if you look closely.

I tested it against a friend after loosing against it on OCTGN (it had Ahsoka then instead of Talon Karrde). In one of those games, I destroyed an Emperor with a RSO as described above and finished the game with an out of combat strike by a shielded CCWG for 2 blast damage using Asteroid Base. My newest version uses A Hero's Duty instead of Ahsoka/Karrde for additional shenanigans.

This is what a LS should look like, in my opinion. Outmaneuver the DS at every turn, like in the movies !

• DavFlamerock, doctormungmung and yodaman like this

Voxslain

Voxslain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Did 11 Objectives become the new thing?

It doesn't cause an issue?

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

Trajan's LS Lobot deck is pretty good. It has won countless games on OCTGN and made TOP 6. There are so many great card interactions here it's hard to count.

Having played Trajan on OCTGN a few times during the life cycle of this game, that is definitely something that is a feature of his decks and one of the things I've learnt from him about my own deck building, because Inlike crazy interactions too.

The important thing is finding interactions that make cards better and that come in various ways.

Trajan does it very well.

11 objectives is definitely a Trajan thing. When you are looking for card interactions then having more is fine. It gives more options. If you are tied go 2 MTFBWY then limiting yourself to just 8 other sets can limit the interactions you can get. 1 extra set can sometimes mean the difference between a key combo you can fit in and one you can't.

11 definitely isn't the norm, but it's common for Trajan in my experience of playing with him and chatting about decks afterwards. I think the real key though is not adding in something without reason. It needs to make your deck better, not just bigger.
  • yodaman and Voxslain like this

Tr4j4n

Tr4j4n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Lot of players from Rhone-Alpes are playing in 11 obj. It can help you playing a 4-7 dual affiliation deck with less probabilities to get all 4 Affiliated objectives out in starting hand. Htrader and med-freeman (and I think the French champion Totofett too) are playing with 11 pod, and Med-freeman also play 5 Smuggler-6 Jedi deck with SMuggler affiliation.

For Lobot deck, the core-shield deck I build was in 10 pod. (Yoda Falcon x2, Asteroid base, PC security, Echo Cavern, Gamor, Renegade Reinforcement, Momaw). Actually, it was in 11 pod with a Chewie Shield, but wasn't so great, you have a lot of small support units (droids, nudjs, munition expert, ...) to swarm the board and both Chewie and Kashyk Hideout need to have less unit than opponent
But the deck needs a 11th pod to buff it.

I put 2 Asteroid. But too much droids, and Force barrier is not as good as before, with limited Asteroid base.

I tried Leia, for shield shenanigan with Native support, and to force the opponent to attack to trigger all defensive stuff (Last minute reinforcement, Hidden back-up, Lobot, ...)
I tried Ahsoka, for edge shenanigan with Ancient Rivals and Informant with Maraudeur.
I tried Funeral Pyre, to complete trilogy of great LS board-enhancement

But I need more blasts.

One week before championship, I tried last Han/Chewie pod, but was too heavy with not enough blast.
I also think about adding 1 kanan, or even Command and Control (only Independance is affiliated, and resupply depot fits well in the thematic) without testing

Tallon enters Saturday at 5 am, 5 hours before the championship, and I think it was a good choice. Objective helps you for good opening, Tallon give shenanigan with ressources (on Cloud city defense for an "Elite" 5-2 obj for example).

2 chuds with black blasts, keeping focus on your turn that you can bounce back with Cloud city Operative (when you have nothing to bounce back, or no Lobot/Munition expert to focus at will in deploy for Cloud City Op tricks).
And they are cheaper than Corellian Corvette from Command and Control with only a unit damage removed

Dirty secret is nice on Masterful Manipulation and Spice Trade, it gives me one of the 2 games I play against scum (first turn dirty on Masterful, locking ressources and a 2nd turn Palpatine).

Event is situational but you have "hidden" ressources on Lobot and Echo Cavern if you really need to play event on opponent conflict without wasting a ressources on your turn.
  • DavFlamerock, doctormungmung, yodaman and 1 other like this

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
Dirty Little Secret on Masterful or Spice Trade is, well, dirty.

medfreeman

medfreeman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

My decks (9th place after swiss, 4th overall):

Lightside (11)

Smugglers aff.

1x A Hero's Journey (1 - Core)

1x In You Must Go (2 - Core)

2x Asteroid Sanctuary (72 - Edge of Darkness)

1x Watchers in the Wasteland (91 - Balance of the Force)

1x The False Report (99 - Heroes and Legends)

1x Along the Gamor Run (109 - Knowledge and Defense)

2x May the Force Be With You (112 - Join Us or Die)

1x A Hero's Trial (127 - Between the Shadows)

1x Calling In Favors (133 - Between the Shadows)

Darkside (11)

Sith Aff.

1x Counsel of the Sith (20 - Core)

1x Defending the Trench (159 - Attack Run)

2x Might of the Empire (179 - Imperial Entanglements)

2x Enforced Loyalty (180 - Imperial Entanglements)

1x Sector Lockdown (194 - New Alliances)

1x Endor Entrapment (205 - So Be It)

2x The Emperor's Promise (215 - Redemption and Return)

1x Encounter at Stygeon Prime (218 - Galactic Ambitions)

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2740 posts

Did anyone happen to keep track of the LS and DS win totals in the top cut?  I tried to figure them out from the posted bracket, but it wasn't complete so I didn't know who was playing which side towards the end.  However, at the point the last bracket was posted (before the break I assume), it looked like 12 LS wins vs. 10 DS wins.  

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
I'll ask the T.O and when they intend to share decklists
  • yodaman likes this

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Résults and decklists should be posted in French tomorrow evening.
I'll translate this for you and post it on Friday
  • kiramode, Jarratt, medfreeman and 1 other like this

Ender

Ender

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Thanks for the updates! More, please!

Are they recording games ? Is there a livestream ?

You can watch the recording games here 

http://starwarsjce.f...deos-du-tournoi

More videos are coming, don't hesitate to visit the forum regularly

• scwont likes this

AntreDuWookie

AntreDuWookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

23 videos yet on the Youtube's playlist : https://www.youtube....LI5l7mPNKUFSs1O

And many more to come....

Once and for the all, the French Meta is the best in the World. ;)

• scwont likes this

Htrader

Htrader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Once and for the all, the French Meta is the best in the World. ;)

You're going to get us killed with that! :ph34r:

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
And our latest chronicle, Knowledge is Power, where we review the Pack 1 LS objectives, is online!

http://www.antreduwo...e-i_27.html?m=1

The title is in english, but the article is in french, and I'm too lazy to translate, sorry guys!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nationals, 2016, france, french, championship