Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How "Unplayable" Are the 2015 World Champ Reprint Decks Now?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

blackhalo23

blackhalo23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

I don't know much about this game but I do have some interest and did research.

For example I know this game has a semi restricted list in the form of "Most Wanted" which from my reading appears to "discourage" the cards on that list by increasing their cost of some sort?

Would that make the 2015 World Champ Deck reprints completely trash and/or illegal altogether?

Urethramancer

Urethramancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I think there was really just one card (x2) which made the corp deck illegal. Put the decklists in a deckbuilder and tweak them a bit. You might find some good replacements for the cards which put them over the influence limit.

As to whether they're complete trash I dunno. They could still work but I'm about 15 data packs short of building any of them, so I'd like to get my hands on them to try playing :)

(My main reason to get them would be for full art cards though!)

alduc

alduc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

The two copies of Queen's Gambit are very unplayable however... The printed cost is "3" instead of "0"!

Urethramancer

Urethramancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ouch, that's right - I remember reading about that. Good for collectors and nobody else ;)

ncaron

ncaron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

The decks are no longer tournament legal. That being said, if you're only playing casually, they are still good decks. The corp deck is a good starting point because it uses a strategy that will teach you the fundamentals of Netrunner. The runner deck I would not recommand to a beginner as it uses a very niche strategy.

One of the cards in the runner deck also has an errata to it that is not included in this printing (Wireless Net Pavillion should be unique) and a misprint for Queen's Gambit's cost (should be printed as 0 not 3).