Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Where do you want to visit?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

MitchG

MitchG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

I know this has been asked on reddit/FFG forums, but not everyone browses those, so I think it's worth positing here. Where are you hoping the game takes us?

I'm really hoping there is a cycle exploring the Dreamlands (and I'll keep wishing for a Randolph Carter investigator to explore it with). I would also like to explore Miskatonic University more than just having it be a location. 

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

I wanna go on a boat for at least one mission...quest.. thing.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
Egypt and some strange other dimensions is my hopes. A full university map scenario sounds cool too.
  • Yipe and mnBroncos like this

Yipe

Yipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

I think a trip to Egypt would be fantastic, like the old CCG-era Eldritch Edition set for Call of Cthulhu.  Innsmouth and the Deep Ones is a no brainer, but I would love to see something from South America or SE Asia dealing with Yig, as well as a trip to Carcosa as I'm a big Hastur fan.

• Carthoris and Ironswimsuit like this

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

Egypt is a great one.  Arctic.  South American jungles.  Innsmouth.  Plateau of Leng.  And I really would love to see Orient Express.

• Yipe and Carthoris like this

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
I never really read the books but have always wanted to. I'd like to see quests based around actual lovecraft stories be cool
  • Kaic likes this

alexbobspoons

alexbobspoons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Egypt and Arctic :) Yeah

Yipe

Yipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

I never really read the books but have always wanted to. I'd like to see quests based around actual lovecraft stories be cool

As his stories are in the public domain, this is a definite possibility.  And we know FFG has the chops to adapt fixed source material into open-ended quests (e.g. LotR) to keep things fresh for those who are familiar with a particular story's outcome.

Still, I'd like to see Nate and Matthew stretch their creative wings a little and give us something new, similar to what Pagan/Arc Dream did with their Delta Green RPG setting.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
Oh I want more New concepts for sure but be cool if like once a cycle they add a story into the game

Vlad3theImpaler

Vlad3theImpaler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Innsmouth.

• PaxCecilia likes this

alexbobspoons

alexbobspoons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Innsmouth.

Oooooh yes!

cml

cml

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Is Dunwich part of the core?  Because if not, Dunwich. :)

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

We don't know what all of the core adventures are yet so it's quite possible Dunwich or Innsmouth are already in there.  Doesn't mean you can't go back for more later though...

• cml likes this

Yipe

Yipe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Pure speculation here:  My guess is that the first campaign will be set in Arkham with some of the more well-known landmarks from the boardgame as a nod to players who are coming from that game to try out their first LCG.  We know it starts in a mansion, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see things like the Arkham Asylum, Miskatonic University, St. Mary's Hospital, the docks and police station, and perhaps the Silver Twilight Lodge, as well as generic locations specific to the opening campaign (such as a "dark woods" or "cemetery").

Down the road, I could also see FFG doing some crazy crossover between a Mansions of Madness and Arkham Horror LCG campaign, because why not?  It seems to work for Marvel!

• SapperD and PaxCecilia like this

Carthoris

Carthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Yuggoth!

This was one of my wishes for a CoC expansion: Extraterrestrial setting and focus, with lots of Mi-Go, Nyarlathotep, Yog-Sothoth, etc. Travel by astral projection, dream, and/or steampunked-out technology, not to mention brain cylinders.

• MitchG likes this

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Pure speculation here:  My guess is that the first campaign will be set in Arkham with some of the more well-known landmarks from the boardgame as a nod to players who are coming from that game to try out their first LCG.  We know it starts in a mansion, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see things like the Arkham Asylum, Miskatonic University, St. Mary's Hospital, the docks and police station, and perhaps the Silver Twilight Lodge, as well as generic locations specific to the opening campaign (such as a "dark woods" or "cemetery").

Down the road, I could also see FFG doing some crazy crossover between a Mansions of Madness and Arkham Horror LCG campaign, because why not?  It seems to work for Marvel!

Extra Arkham cards will be available in upcoming X-wing expansions. You'll need to buy all of them to get the full quests

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

Extra Arkham cards will be available in upcoming X-wing expansions. You'll need to buy all of them to get the full quests

Shhhh!  Don't give them ideas!

Maybe worth it for an Arkham quest in that Degobah "Dark Side Cave" though...

• Ironswimsuit and MightyToenail like this

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

Don't. Even. Start.

• Carthoris, Ironswimsuit and MightyToenail like this

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

Don't. Even. Start.

We'll have minis created for each investigator and lieutenant packs created for the Old Ones. Each exciting product will include cards optimized for the investigator's faction, but they'll also feature powerful new options for each other faction. Collect them all! Lieutenant packs add straightforward, but ultimately superfluous options to give your campaign a twist!

• MightyToenail likes this

Carthoris

Carthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

In several Lovecraft stories, there are references to an interconnected underworld of caverns that reaches from New York City through Massachusetts and Rhode Island to Maine and beyond. These caves are used extensively by cultists, and they are home to ghouls and other monsters, perhaps even a Great Old One or two. For all I know, this whole notion was inspirational to the old AD&D "D" modules (the Drow ones that came after the Giants in the big Greyhawk campaign). This game could offer a legitimate co-op dungeon crawl in a 20th-century setting, using game mechanisms radically different from the ones in the existing FFG games (Mansions and Descent).