Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OCTGN Automation Question

- - - - - OCTGN automation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

bgm1961

bgm1961

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi all,

New forum member here, but NOT new to AGoT LCG (as a casual player). Last night, my brother and I were finally able to try a game over OCTGN (ver 3.1.265.0). Anyway, we had trouble using the automation features and so I’m starting this thread to ask where you think things may be going wrong.

First, I’ve looked through the most recent 4 or 5 pages worth of threads here on CGDB, and found a few which discussed OCTGN, but only one that addressed the automation for AGoT play. However that thread was more of a complaint thread rather than a solution discussion, so I decided to start a new thread. Also, let me be clear that I have no problem with installing OCTGN or cards, downloading images, or even playing the game. I'm fine with all that.

We started our game armed with the guidebook, “AGOT 2.0 automatic processing guide book”, by fatelesscn, here: https://www.gitbook....obooken/details.

The problem is that we didn’t find nor experience most of the automation features that are covered in the guidebook. Either we had to resort to manual gameplay implementation, or, after stumbling upon them, we used the many different layers of right click menus just to achieve some degree of automation. But still, the automation we did find was nowhere near the level of automation that the guidebook presents.

So did we miss something? Did we do something wrong? (For instance, after going through the automated setup process, we had to use the right-click menu to get the Plot Deck window to pop-up. There was no automatic pop-up as described in the guidebook. Was that our fault)? Or is there a known problem with the system? Or is the common recommendation just to stick to "Manual Mode"?

More: When we double-clicked the “Done” button, nothing happens other than getting the log message that so and so “is done”. And as an aside, we couldn’t figure out what the green “play” icons are for. (i.e., the green triangles). When I pressed the green “play” button next to my stats, my brother said that, on his end, my green “play” icon changed to a “pause” icon. But everything on my end remained unchanged.

Any comments are info would be appreciated!

Thx much!

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

The automation caused a lot of issues, most players hated it, and it was quickly removed from Octgn. Unfortunately we still have some leftover automation "features" ruining the experience, like targeting for attachments and events.

AGOT on Octgn is manual. If you are looking for a fully automated online gaming platform similar to jinteki.net, then you're out of luck.

bgm1961

bgm1961

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

OK, so manual, it is.

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: OCTGN, automation