Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Scum Spoiler from Wreched Hive by The Combat Guild.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

TheJanitor

TheJanitor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Could the same ever be said about Asteroid Pursuit?

I was in love with that set for a while. I ran it at 2013 Worlds, came in 22nd. It's not terrible in a shielding deck, and if I can figure out my shielding/capture deck, it will be clutch.
  • Mattropolis likes this

CobraBubbles

CobraBubbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Another one is use the enhancement from this set. Chain Reaction the reaction, react with the objective to copy Chain Reaction and strip the deck of their 3 most powerful cards or 3 resources?

Thankfully, this doesn't work. Coerced's ability is an Interrupt, and Chain Reaction only reacts to Reactions.

• Rio likes this

Lichtenstein

Lichtenstein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I take it you can't Evazan out Black Sun Headhunters tax?

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

I take it you can't Evazan out Black Sun Headhunters tax?

No because it is a forced reaction to the start of deploy you don't get a chance to blank it first as their is no action window. The same is true of the energy spider. However you could blank the Droid Trooper dude so he wasn't committed to the force when he struck, or even blank Zekka because you don't want to lose your board state.

Ponda Baba is the obvious candidate, his limitation is designed in such a way that you can blank it.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

No because it is a forced reaction to the start of deploy you don't get a chance to blank it first as their is no action window. The same is true of the energy spider. However you could blank the Droid Trooper dude so he wasn't committed to the force when he struck, or even blank Zekka because you don't want to lose your board state.

Ponda Baba is the obvious candidate, his limitation is designed in such a way that you can blank it.

Reserve Troopers would make an interesting blank, and continue the theme of undercosted units with downsides. As a bonus, they cost 3--perfect for blanking Yoda!

GooeyChewie

GooeyChewie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Niles might be useful alongside this pod. A lot of the stuff in Dr. E's pod focuses on characters, so Niles gives a bit of defense against fighter decks.

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts
Don't forget about blanking poor Greedo!
  • CooMasterCoo and mindlessphilosopher like this

Arkard

Arkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

is scum still bad?

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2211 posts

is scum still bad?

Complete garbage, Navy is OP.
  • TheNameWasTaken and RoyalAegis like this

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

is scum still bad?

Haven't been since BTS
  • Rio and KennedyHawk like this

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

Haven't been since BTS

Amen.

• Rio likes this

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Question regarding I Don't Like You, Either and Chain Reaction :

If you use IDLYE to resolve an event's effect a second time, then CR on IDLYE's reaction, does the IDLYE's effect remembers the event's effect?
And so if you use IDLYE's reaction a second time on CR, does CR's effect remembers the initial event's effect?

And so on...

Caal

Caal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Another question regarding Coerced and search mechanics :
Do you have to announce what you are searching?

Namely, what are the differences between Search and Look?

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Question regarding I Don't Like You, Either and Chain Reaction :

If you use IDLYE to resolve an event's effect a second time, then CR on IDLYE's reaction, does the IDLYE's effect remembers the event's effect?
And so if you use IDLYE's reaction a second time on CR, does CR's effect remembers the initial event's effect?

And so on...

I've been having this discussion with another player. Given the lack of "memory" effects elsewhere (for example using Limit Once abilities on units you swap with Heroes and Legends), I think there isn't a memory for CR to copy IDLYE copying an event. Because we're talking about reaction speed, the triggering event is already resolved and gone by the time you try to trigger the CR. 

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

I've been having this discussion with another player. Given the lack of "memory" effects elsewhere (for example using Limit Once abilities on units you swap with Heroes and Legends), I think there isn't a memory for CR to copy IDLYE copying an event. Because we're talking about reaction speed, the triggering event is already resolved and gone by the time you try to trigger the CR.

Well it's definitely a nested reaction sequence, but by the time you get to Chain Reaction the reaction I don't like you either the last event that resolved is actually Chain Reaction. So the question is really can I don't like you either react to any of the events that have resolved in the nested reaction sequence or does the 2nd instance only have the opportunity to copy Chain Reaction. This would create an infinite loop that technically you can't get out of because you are just looping the resolution of effects ignoring triggers and costs.

Edit: note that both IDLYE and CR specifically talk about when card effects resolve, not when a card resolves. Only when the card is resolved is it actually places in discard which is the end of resolving it. When the effect resolves it is still in play.

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2211 posts
See now you get an infinite Captured! Pilot Boba Training Procedure eat your heart out!

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

See now you get an infinite Captured! Pilot Boba Training Procedure eat your heart out!

No. You can't get infinite captured. You have to resolve Chain Reaction with I Don't Like You Either which resolves to resolve CR again which resolves IDLYE.

If you bounce back to Captured (assuming you can and I'm definitely on the fence on that one) then the infinite combo is stopped. You have captured 3 guys if that happens.

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
I don't think the reactions nest. Both are "after X resolves" and have different trigger timing, so the initiating card is in discard at that point. I think at most you're getting 2 guys captured, one with initial captured effect and 1 with IDLYE. Still good though. You don't need to get 3-4 captured to blow out LS.

TheJanitor

TheJanitor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
I might be completely wrong here, (I might not even understand the question) but I don't think that it makes sense that reacting to a reaction would no longer make the original trigger reactable. If that were the case, it would lead to you being able to lock your opponent out of reacting to certain triggers on your turn.

Complicated hypothetic example.
-I focus to strike with a character(trigger#1)
-I react with Concussion Rifle(reaction, trigger#2)
-I react to the damage being dealt by CR with Natural cover
-you can no longer react to the focus to strike

That doesn't seem right. The game would have to remember the first triggering condition, wouldn't it?
  • Letux likes this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3660 posts

I don't think the reactions nest. Both are "after X resolves" and have different trigger timing, so the initiating card is in discard at that point. I think at most you're getting 2 guys captured, one with initial captured effect and 1 with IDLYE. Still good though. You don't need to get 3-4 captured to blow out LS.

When you play a card there is a sequence.
Card resolves is outside the effect resolves. If you are still doing reactions to effect resolves, even if they are to some other effect then the card has not finished resolving. So it's definitely still in play.

However that doesn't necessarily mean you can copy it again as the last effect that resolved is Chain Reaction, not Captured (or whichever effect IDLYE copied).

This is probably where we would need Matt to break down the whole timing chart for us. ;-)
  • Rio and yodaman like this