Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Clues, challenges and chaos article

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
https://www.fantasyf...enge-and-chaos/
  • MrWizard likes this

phillosmaster

phillosmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

I guess I didn't realize from the demo videos I've seen that cards all have a secondary benefit in that you can discard them to add their icon value to checks.  That's pretty cool.  Seems like they are incorporating the idea of cards being valuable for multiple reasons in all their new LCGs, which is a great thing in my opinion.  Certainly helps mitigate the dead hand problems some games can have if you get a bad draw.   

That makes me happy because I was worried that dead draws could be big in this game since we have so many types of card slots and those slots are limited.  Now if you include in your deck two different conditionally valuable allies for example and you only have one ally slot to fill you can just play the other ally card for it's secondary value.

Also I find it interesting that they are using the chaos bag as a difficulty slider and it's composition is dynamic depending on where you are in the campaign.

• Carthoris likes this

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

I like that Icon value of cards. Reminds me of Conquest, except I imagine they will explore the design space more than Conquest did with Shields. The chaos bag changing is neato too.