Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why does this have a forum here?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

DragonCat

DragonCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Why dose this have a forum? It isn't a LCG, it isn't even a deck construction game. It is basically like Warhammer Quest.

I mean what is next.. going to make a forum for Infiltration and Team Manager and Warhammer Quest?

Vlad3theImpaler

Vlad3theImpaler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Why dose this have a forum? It isn't a LCG, it isn't even a deck construction game. It is basically like Warhammer Quest.

I mean what is next.. going to make a forum for Infiltration and Team Manager and Warhammer Quest?

What do you mean, it isn't an LCG? You better let Fantasy Flight know, since they clearly think it is.
  • kizerman86 likes this

theamazingmrg

theamazingmrg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 901 posts
It is an LCG, in the same way that Lord of the Rings is an LCG. It's not competitive, but it still belongs here.

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
It clearly states LCG on the side of the box....
  • Kaloo likes this

ErsatzNihilist

ErsatzNihilist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
1. It's an LCG and you build decks.

2. If they introduced an area to the forum for non-LCG FF card games, it wouldn't detract from the place.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

Why are you posting here?  You're not even a user.

• Skelton, kizerman86, Friman and 4 others like this

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

I see little good coming from this topic but will leave it open for now. Also I fixed the two typos in the title as they were making me slip in to Madness.

Now here are the facts. 

It is a Living Card Game as it has regular releases being added to it same as every other LCG competitive, cooperative, living, dead or otherwise. 

It involves building a deck of cards for each investigator using a pool of cards available to them based on their class and their cards restrictions. Very similar to Netrunner's Identities, Netrunner also being a Living Card Game. 

Arkham Horror: The Card Game is a cooperative Living Card Game® set amid a backdrop of Lovecraftian horror.

https://www.fantasyf...-the-card-game/

that blurs the distinction between traditional card game and roleplaying experiences.

You build your deck with cards from one or more of the game's five classes

https://www.fantasyf...r-lcg-showcase/

• MightyToenail and alexbobspoons like this

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1440 posts
The guy probably just thought it's about the classic Arkham Horror game :)

phillosmaster

phillosmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

I was trying to figure out if that was the case.  I think you are right.   He is just uninformed.  In that case it would probably be better to just close the thread.  Nothing constructive is going to come from this conversation :) 

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

I was trying to figure out if that was the case.  I think you are right.   He is just uninformed.  In that case it would probably be better to just close the thread.  Nothing constructive is going to come from this conversation :)

I will leave it for now but am monitoring it closely. Will lock if necessary. Maybe you are right and he is thinking of the board game. 

• MightyToenail likes this

Vlad3theImpaler

Vlad3theImpaler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

The guy probably just thought it's about the classic Arkham Horror game :)

The comparison to Warhammer Quest makes me think he's talking about the card game, since I've seen that comparison before, and haven't seen it compared with the AH board game.

DragonCat

DragonCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

What do you mean, it isn't an LCG? You better let Fantasy Flight know, since they clearly think it is.

I got my wires crossed here. It is a LCG.