Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's your favorite class?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Class (72 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favorite class?

1. Rogue (15 votes [20.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

2. Guardian (5 votes [6.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.94%

3. Seeker (13 votes [18.06%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.06%

4. Mystic (20 votes [27.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

5. Survivor (14 votes [19.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.44%

6. Cthulhu ;) (5 votes [6.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

In the wake of the new preview, thought this would be a fun poll.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

it has to be Mystics or Seekers right?

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

I've got to say Seeker for me. Its like my favorite parts of Spirit and Lore combined, with some interesting twists. Plus that hero looks janky enough to be one of my all-time favs.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

heh.. love the enthusiasm, but a little early for me to call something "all time favorite"  : ) 

• MightyToenail likes this

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

heh.. love the enthusiasm, but a little early for me to call something "all time favorite"  : ) 

Lol true. :lol:

Minute

Minute

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
You should add a 6th option of 'Cthulhu' to the poll

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

You should add a 6th option of 'Cthulhu' to the poll

Aaaannnddd, done.

MagnusArcanis

MagnusArcanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Mystic probably gets the top billing for me, but can't help but feel a lot of people are over looking Survivor!

Discard pile recursion, and "when you would fail" type of effects... I can work with that. Plus I'm a huge fan of Wendy's abilities. Probably the best of the lot from the core. 

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2084 posts
Guardians will probably be my chosen class followed closely by Mystics and Rogues.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

True is, that while this is a fun poll, I will never limit myself to playing "one class". I'll probably play as I play LoTR as in just making the coolest decks I can think of, and the decks synergies will dictate the characters. 

One thing that has me worried is that the Class System kind of makes you feel that there could be class roles, meaning that even though it is a solo / co-op game you might be forced to play multiple decks at once to cover your bases, as class interactions may be needed.

I'm curious to know what the solo experience is in this game. 

DarthMonkey

DarthMonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

I think my first class to use will be Mystic. But I'm also interested in Survivor, so that will probably be game 2.

But in all honesty, I'll be trying it out with them all. I can see me having multiple campaigns on the go with this, each one for a different class.

bigboss010

bigboss010

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I am quite liking the ROGUE class, like the idea of helping out... but really helping myself!!

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
Mystic is my favorite and want to use first. Love the concept of your effects. Rouge is my second favorite love the more criminal type feel of them and the theme of the survivors are my favorite, characters that just happen to get stuck in situations lol

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

I really can't get excited about Rogue. All the others seem pretty interesting, though Mystic I'm not too sure of. And I'll never get to play Guardian when I play with my bro, feel like he's going to take that one every time.

forger

forger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I really can't get excited about Rogue. All the others seem pretty interesting, though Mystic I'm not too sure of. And I'll never get to play Guardian when I play with my bro, feel like he's going to take that one every time.

Well you can always wait for the first deluxe and then you can both be guardian class.

Personally I like survivor, jack of all trades, master of none. Each other class has a pretty good niche, but it seems survivor can manipulate the odds the best and when I look at that terrifying bag for the first time I know I'm going to be happy I have a little extra luck on my side. As strong as a character can be one tentacle is all it takes to undermine their greatest strength. I also do usually find myself preparing for the worst in most cooperative games I play (dead of winter, time stories, etc). While others enjoy smashing an easy challenge, I get more relief out of having a little something extra up my sleeve when the game takes a turn for the worse.

VonWibble

VonWibble

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2996 posts
Rogue.

Skids O'Toole is my go-to-guy in Eldritch so I'll happily use him here.

Least favourite is Survivor, just seems bland.

gramyotron

gramyotron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Always Guardian. I will be playing with my wife, who will probably choose female investigator with strong investigation skills. I will be the one to remove obstacles from the way..

Anyway there always has to be someone to kill all those monsters, then you do not have to evade them when making an action. What is more there are monsters who give experience, so we will need a tank in every game anyway.

dieyoda

dieyoda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Based solely on this preview, with no prior knowledge of any of the other games' factions or play styles, I rate them in this order of interest for myself:

1) Survivor

2) Rogue

3) Seeker

4) Mystic

5) Guardian

stahlwolle

stahlwolle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
I voted for Seeker, why? I like blondes :P

Seriously, it seems to have the most appeal. But I will try every class anyway.
  • MightyToenail and DarthMonkey like this

Vlad3theImpaler

Vlad3theImpaler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
I'm probably going to go with Mystic. The high-risk, high-reward playstyle sounds like it will make for some good narrative opportunities.