Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Co-op question.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

forger

forger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

So I was wondering something. Can assets/items be given to your fellow investigators? If I had a knife that I didnt exactly want to use on my low punchy character, could I spend my resources to give that knife to another player's character?

I understand this is the case in LotR.

I've seen video confirmation of helping other characters with checks/fighting/etc(usually if your characters are in the same location), but it got me thinking, what about equipment?

I hope the answer is yes as well, but can't for the life of me find confirmation anywhere to answer this question. I'd love to give my 2nd lucky rabbits foot to my fellow investigators, or let them borrow a flashlight from time to time.

Anyone know the answer? Anyone have a preference for sharable/nonshareable items?

Vlad3theImpaler

Vlad3theImpaler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

So I was wondering something. Can assets/items be given to your fellow investigators? If I had a knife that I didnt exactly want to use on my low punchy character, could I spend my resources to give that knife to another player's character?

I understand this is the case in LotR.

I've seen video confirmation of helping other characters with checks/fighting/etc(usually if your characters are in the same location), but it got me thinking, what about equipment?

I hope the answer is yes as well, but can't for the life of me find confirmation anywhere to answer this question. I'd love to give my 2nd lucky rabbits foot to my fellow investigators, or let them borrow a flashlight from time to time.

Anyone know the answer? Anyone have a preference for sharable/nonshareable items?

I believe one of the demo videos from GenCon said you cannot play your cards on another investigator.

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

Ordinarily you cannot (from what we've heard so far), however that does not rule out a special ability or card that will let you do so.

Radix

Radix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

There is in fact a card in the Dunwitch Horror expansion that allows you to trade items among investigators.

DarthMonkey

DarthMonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Playing a card, to pass over another card....

In many situations, that first card is going to be fairly useless. Hope the symbols up the side are worth it, or I'll probably not bother.

phillosmaster

phillosmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

I don't know.  It's another card that other player wouldn't normally be able to play, and may desperately need.  I don't think that is all that bad a play.  I guess we'll see when that card is released.

Radix

Radix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Well there are combinations of items that would work really well together.  Or allies.

MagnusArcanis

MagnusArcanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

While I agree that I wouldn’t immediately jump to using a card for the sole purpose of trading cards among allies, but I believe it’ll be far more useful than some think.

Consider the scenario where a player a bogged down with enemies and you have an extra ally or other form of damage absorbtion item to pass. Perhaps you have some awesome evade bonus you can pass over.

Another scenario, where you built your decks to work together, you can have someone be the Charlie kane (eldirch horror) of the table and buys things for other players, supporting them to victory.

Another scenario could be power combos that are otherwise normally impossible through normal deck building rules.

So, at an average table I agree, trading probably won’t be an exciting option. However, it could be an interesting alternate way to play that I look forward to exploring.