Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Arkham Nights Scenario Preview

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts
https://www.fantasyf...f-the-rougarou/

cooleo1c

cooleo1c

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts

"Arkham Nights 2016 is nearly sold out, so wait no longer—preregister now!"

1 min after the article goes up: "SOLD OUT" lol

alpha5099

alpha5099

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I like that they're already kicking off the PoD scenarios before the game is even out. I never got invested enough in LotR to get any of those PoD scenarios, but I can definitely see myself picking Curse of the Rougarou up whenever it comes out.

• Carthoris likes this

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
It sucks that it sold out so quickly, especially as the post came up so late. I know I can buy it later on in the year but that's not really the point.

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3289 posts

Tickets have been on sale for a few weeks now however with  a deadline of Oct. 2 which is in three days. It is unfortunate that some will miss out as they waited but it is also a good thing that the event is so large this year that it sold out which from what I am hearing is the first time Arkham Nights has ever sold out. 

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

I would very much like to play this scenario eventually.  Has PoD gotten better? I remember issues with card sizes in the past.

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts
The only experience I have with PoD is when the Dreamlands packs got reprinted. The size was fine but they lacked sheen and felt a little cheaper. Still, it was great to finally get them.
  • Carthoris likes this

Carthoris

Carthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

My impression of the POD cards (based on Dreamlands reprints and Space Hulk: Death Angel expansions) is positive, on the whole. The cut of the cards matches the original games perfectly (important!), but the weight, finish, and color are a little different. If you need to mix them with other cards (like in CoC), you probably want to sleeve. But in Space Hulk: Death Angel, that's not even necessary, and it's not clear to me yet whether it will be an issue for this game.

• PaxCecilia likes this

phillosmaster

phillosmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

My recent PODs (Warhammer Quest expansions, GoT the board game expansions, LOTR fellowship quests) have been reasonably good though I don't think they ever got the color exactly right (I think that's the hardest thing to match).  Therefore sleeves will probably be required for any card that is getting shuffled in with an official released card.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

PoDs are fine, I have a ton of them for LoTR and have zero issues with them...

Also, this is following LoTR, all these things will be on sale PoD for ages, in fact in some ways the PoDs will have better availability than the normal cards as they never go out of print.

So do not worry, you WILL be able to buy this if you want at some stage. CoolStuff and MinitureMarket actually stock PoDs as well btw (others probably do) so you can add them to normal orders form stores like that.

The only experience I have with PoD is when the Dreamlands packs got reprinted. The size was fine but they lacked sheen and felt a little cheaper. Still, it was great to finally get them.

All the backs were off center for me as well.. sucked and forces opaque sleeves

Skelton

Skelton

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2082 posts

Speaking of sleeves, I hope we see a return of some Mythos related card pockets.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

I'd bet on it.

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip