Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Custom Scenarios/Campaigns

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

agktmte

agktmte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1294 posts

In Lord of the Rings LCG there are several people who have developed and produced custom quests and scenarios. Some going pretty far down that rabbit hole and producing encounter cards, etc.

My question and general discussion starter here is if anyone has already started down this rode for Arkham Horror.

Since we only have the core set, it probably won't take us long to get, let's say, "tired" of the single campaign that we're given. So are there any creative types out there planning to write custom scenarios or full campaigns?

A simple way of doing this would be to use the encounter cards already provided, but constructed in a novel way and having agenda and act cards that tell a different story.

A less simple way would be to actually design encounter cards and do a fully custom designed campaign.

I'm not necessarily planning to do either of these personally, but I am curious if any of you are considering this and/or would be interested in it.

• agktmte and kizerman86 like this

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2834 posts

It sounds interesting, but I don't think I have the time.  Certainly willing to try playing a good fan-made scenario if they start appearing.

• agktmte likes this

nightcrawlers

nightcrawlers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
If there is a lag in releases (which can happen), I could see spending some time theory crafting some cool custom scenarios.
  • agktmte likes this

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1661 posts

I'm calling it.. there is a 100% chance of custom scenarios.... . this will happen.. and happen pretty quickly I expect.

What will fuel it is if someone like Gekoth makes good quality template cards for everyone to use. He made the LoTR ones and Hilarious Pete made the strange eons plugin that made making cards as simple as filling some forms for everyone.

So it really depends on when (not if, I believe it will happen), but it depends on when the card templates become available to the general community.

• agktmte likes this