Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Year's End Star Wars LCG Online Tournament

- - - - - Online Play LackeyCCG OCTGN Skype

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3585 posts

Should we just PM results or post them in the results and matchups thread?

theChony

theChony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Should we just PM results or post them in the results and matchups thread?

I pm'd and have done so in the past.

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3585 posts

I pm'd and have done so in the past.

Yeah that's what I've normally done, but I also wondered if people were interested in results and if so where would we post.

So you sent our result in? Thanks. It was a pleasure to play you.

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1528 posts
And if the person we are supposed to play still hasn't gotten back to us? Asking for a friend :P
  • monks likes this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1747 posts

I played Doctormungmung round 1 and got a sweep. Game 1 was uneventful. Game 2 was pretty interesting. I get a pretty bad start on DS and the Dr counters with what is basically the nuts for his first 3 turns. But on my turn 3 I was able to draw the only cards that could possibly save me(Yularen plus Fist) to stave off this insane opening 2 turns. But as mentioned earlier, his turn 3 was bonkers as well(Luke plus enhancement to pick off Mara). Turn 4 it was pretty bleak for me even with the fact that I shot back 4 damage last turn. I drop down Palp and swing for the fences praying he blocks, which he did letting him die. There was still a window for him to win, but the combination of me getting one yularen and 2 fists to keep my objectives clean along with the hand choke from Palp barely let me survive. 

• Eggzavier likes this

monks

monks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Like Letux, I also have not yet heard from the person I'm supposed to play.

Mitch2480

Mitch2480

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Medfreeman and I have been having trouble finding a time to complete our match

Eggzavier

Eggzavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

I played Doctormungmung round 1 and got a sweep. Game 1 was uneventful. Game 2 was pretty interesting. I get a pretty bad start on DS and the Dr counters with what is basically the nuts for his first 3 turns. But on my turn 3 I was able to draw the only cards that could possibly save me(Yularen plus Fist) to stave off this insane opening 2 turns. But as mentioned earlier, his turn 3 was bonkers as well(Luke plus enhancement to pick off Mara). Turn 4 it was pretty bleak for me even with the fact that I shot back 4 damage last turn. I drop down Palp and swing for the fences praying he blocks, which he did letting him die. There was still a window for him to win, but the combination of me getting one yularen and 2 fists to keep my objectives clean along with the hand choke from Palp barely let me survive. 

That sounds like a cool DS deck!

• kiramode likes this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1747 posts

That sounds like a cool DS deck!

It's the Mission Palp deck that I did a spotlight episode on. I'm probably not playing it again this tournament after that performance. Don't like playing games where I'm on the verge of dying from turn 3 onwards. But the deck does have tricks that are unique to that deck only which always makes playing that deck different.

• Eggzavier likes this

Eggzavier

Eggzavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
I gotta catch up on HATC.

Been distracted with Armada and AGOT.

katurian

katurian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Two fabulous games with aussiejedi. Classy guy classy player. We have a great community as an aside.
  • AussieJedi, yodaman and Jarratt like this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2623 posts

scwont and I just finished our Round 1 match.  Really friendly and classy opponent.  Enjoyed the fun games.  I was very fortunate to win both games.  First game, neither of us were drawing resources, but I got the god Navy flop of Tarkin Doctrine, Enforced Loyalty and Entrenched Defense.  The 2nd game was down to the wire and I was able to stop him from winning thanks to an Outmaneuver with a Freeholder on his Vader when Vader attacked and then win on the next turn.

• scwont likes this

scwont

scwont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

scwont and I just finished our Round 1 match.  Really friendly and classy opponent.  Enjoyed the fun games.  I was very fortunate to win both games.  First game, neither of us were drawing resources, but I got the god Navy flop of Tarkin Doctrine, Enforced Loyalty and Entrenched Defense.  The 2nd game was down to the wire and I was able to stop him from winning thanks to an Outmaneuver with a Freeholder on his Vader when Vader attacked and then win on the next turn.

Yep, fun games and it goes without saying that Yodaman is a pleasure to play against. I lost some key edge battles in the first game and couldn't get through the Navy fortress. At least I got to take out an objective thanks to Unfinished Business + Moldy Crow, but it turned out to be just a consolation prize. The 2nd game came down to whether Yodaman had any more tricks left in hand or not, and sadly for me he did so the game ended with the dial at 10, 2 objectives down and 2 others with 3 and 2 damage respectively. I also managed to misplay into every False Report card possible (or at least the potential of them) over the course of the game :)

My only regret is that I didn't record the games - the second one in particular would probably have made for interesting viewing.

• MaxRebo likes this

RoyalAegis

RoyalAegis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 766 posts

I tried messaging Adam and it says he can't receive any messages, maybe his inbox is full? I sent the results to him on his Skype account. 

Played two great games against Eggszavier, great opponent to play against! Thank you for the kind company, Chris. 

• Eggzavier and MaxRebo like this

Eggzavier

Eggzavier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

To you as well - was fun!

Letux

Letux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1528 posts

I tried messaging Adam and it says he can't receive any messages, maybe his inbox is full? I sent the results to him on his Skype account.

Played two great games against Eggszavier, great opponent to play against! Thank you for the kind company, Chris.

I haven't been able to get ahold of him all week and he's my opponent :/

monks

monks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

I have also tried messaging Adam that I can't reach my first round opponent and haven't heard from him either.

AussieJedi

AussieJedi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Two fabulous games with aussiejedi. Classy guy classy player. We have a great community as an aside.

The Galactic Empire approves this message.

• yodaman likes this

MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

All

Looks like the round is coming to a close. My inbox was indeed full and I have not had consistent internet connection this week. If you still have results, you should be able to send them now.

I promise to be more interactive this week after I get home.

• yodaman and Eggzavier like this

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts

That second game was a good one (much better than the first, at any rate).  I only needed one more blast over the course of the game to seal it.  As Kiramode pointed out, defending with Luke was a big mistake.  I had it in my mind that E-Palp had two tactics, and with what he had on the board at the time, if I didn't defend, those two tactics would let him lock out my Luke and Yoda for next turn.  So I figured I'd defend with Luke and at least pull edge cards from his hand.  As he went to strike, though, I realized E-Palp only has the one tactics.  Duh duh duh.  Anyway, that mistake probably cost me the game, because getting a strike with either Luke or Yoda would have given me the blast in the end that I needed.  Oh well.  Congrats to Kiramode on the well deserved win.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Online Play, LackeyCCG, OCTGN, Skype