Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Star Wars: Destiny Deckbuilder

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts

Hello everyone

I'd like to introduce the Star Wars: Destiny section and go over some of its features.

destiny-deckbuilder-1.jpg

The Star Wars Destiny Deckbuilder allows you to craft your own custom Destiny decks, Using multiple filters you can search for the exact cards you want and add them to your deck. You can then save that deck to your local machine or online, you can export it to multiple formats (text, bbcode, markdown) and if you have saved your collection on CardGameDB you can compare the deck to what you own. 

The deckbuilder also allows for many customization options, letting you choose from between 5 themes. Below shows the minimalist flat theme and one with a little more flair
destiny-deckbuilder-2.jpg

You can also choose between 5 layouts. If you have a widescreen monitor then the above layout with a double wide search area and deck with a static center image might be your thing.

Or you might prefer something a little more compact, like the below layout which removes the static center image and shows the card images when you hover over them.
destiny-deckbuilder-3.jpg
You can access all of these options in the settings menu at the top left of the deckbuilder

When adding cards to your deck you can easily add them by the card name. Type in the name and press enter to have it added directly to your deck
destiny-deckbuilder-5.jpg

You can also use the various filters to search for cards, and when the search area is wide like the below image the results are filtered in real time
destiny-deckbuilder-6.jpg

You can also customize how you see the cards in the search results and deck. You can add or remove the thumbnails, die faces, and set to see as much or as little information as you need.
destiny-deckbuilder-7.jpg

Once you start building your deck some helpful graphs will give you more detailed information.

destiny-deckbuilder-8.jpg

And once you are done you can save your deck online or offline, look at your saved decks, submit them to cardgamedb to be displayed in the public decks database, share them privately with friends, compare it to your saved collection, export it in a variety of formats (text, bbcode, markdown) and import text deck lists.
destiny-deckbuilder-13.jpg

Speaking of collection, you can track your collection in the Collection Manager. You can then use the saved collection information in the deckbuilder to only show cards you own and compare a deck you have built to what you have in your collection so you can see what you need to get to build that killer deck.

destiny-deckbuilder-9.jpg

Outside of the deckbuilder you can view all the cards from the set in the card database. On the main Star Wars Destiny card database page you can see recent comments on cards and search for cards using advanced filters. On each individual card page you can comment on the card, rate them on a 1 to 5 star scale and follow a card.
destiny-deckbuilder-10.jpg

Any decks that are submitted are placed in the decks section. On the main page you can filter by the users chosen tag or by Hero/Villain. You can also see a quick glance on the contents of the deck and see the character cards chosen.
destiny-deckbuilder-11.jpg

When looking at a specific deck you can rate it on a 1 to 5 star scale, comment on the deck, like it, or share it on your preferred social network.
destiny-deckbuilder-12.jpg

We want to welcome everyone to this great new game and hope you join us here on CardGameDB to build some awesome Destiny decks.

• zordren, drew812, doctormungmung and 5 others like this

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

Really smooth deck builder I like it.

I just moved one of my decks from swdestinydb to here to try it out. It seems to work really well.

Thanks!

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

If you wanted to expand it I always like to see statistics on my deck.

Maybe there could be a count of how many die faces have a specific symbol.

Something like

Melee: 10

Modified Melee: 4

Range: 4

Modified Range: 0

Resource: 12

Modified Resource: 4

Blank:14

etc etc

Just ides for the future. :)

• Darksbane, zordren, holliday88 and 1 other like this

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts

Something like

Melee: 10

Modified Melee: 4

Range: 4

Modified Range: 0

Resource: 12

Modified Resource: 4

Blank:14

etc etc

Just ides for the future. :)

I'll put it on my list of things to add :D

• Agentv likes this

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

We'll see if my submission works :) It didn't for AHLCG a while back. So cool that this has been added to the site.

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 861 posts

It seems like the order by type drop down isn't working in any of the views I've tried.  Not sure if it's on my end or an actual bug.

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts

It seems like the order by type drop down isn't working in any of the views I've tried.  Not sure if it's on my end or an actual bug.

This is a bug I'll work on getting fixed soon.

agentc13

agentc13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Any chance of being able to export our stuff from the Collection Manager?

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts

You mean like a list you can print off?

agentc13

agentc13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

You mean like a list you can print off?

Yeah, pretty much.

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts

Yeah, pretty much.

Working on it

• agentc13 likes this

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts

A new version of the deckbuilder has just been deployed. You can now filter your cards to show cards you do not own in addition to the previous filters of all cards and cards you own. Collection information is now also available when building a deck (if you are logged in and have a saved collection). Just like with the set, thumbnail and die faces you can turn the visibility of this on or off depending on if you want to see it or not.

destiny-deckbuilder-15.jpg

A section with a showing counts of all the die sides in your deck arranged by type has been added

destiny-deckbuilder-14.jpg

This is now fixed

A button has now been added to the collection manager to generate a text list that you can copy paste to save.

• zordren, KennedyHawk and agentc13 like this

khendar

khendar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a saved collection but neither the Collection filter nor the Collection Compare tab seem to recognise my collection:

"You must be logged in and have a saved collection to use this filter."

"This tool will look at the current deck you have loaded in the deckbuilder and compare it to your collection.

You must be logged in and have a saved collection to use this feature."

Not sure if this is related to the new update but I recall it working before.

Risto

Risto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm not sure if this is just me, but when I enable the Collection buttons, it shows everything as 0 on my deck list.  My Collection page still correctly shows my cards.  The list of on the Collection tab of the Deckbuilder used to correctly show the amount of cards I own compared to the amount in the deck.

ComradeCanum

ComradeCanum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Even being logged in and with a collection saved the deckbuilder seem to be recognizing my save collection.  When I try to sort to my collection I get the "you need to log in or save a collection" error.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug from the latest update?

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts

sorry guys, looks like something is bugged, I'm looking into it.

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts

I have a saved collection but neither the Collection filter nor the Collection Compare tab seem to recognise my collection:

I'm not sure if this is just me, but when I enable the Collection buttons, it shows everything as 0 on my deck list.  

Even being logged in and with a collection saved the deckbuilder seem to be recognizing my save collection.  

Ok try it again guys, I've got it working I think, not sure why the previous way was not working for you all (it worked for me :D ) but I changed how I grab the data and it seems to have fixed it.

khendar

khendar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

That's got it! Nice work :)

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

The die sides feature is amazing.

Thanks Darksbane!

• doctormungmung likes this

MathewB

MathewB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I think this database is the best one of the databases I have seen. Really good job on it man.
  • Darksbane, KennedyHawk and Asklepios like this