Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Elite Vader

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Ywingscum

Ywingscum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts
I got lucky enough to get 2 vaders in 37 boosters. I played elite Vader with a tusken raider. 6 blue dice, 4 yellow dice and 2 grey dice. I went 3-0 today. I feel like no one can beat it.

Anyone else get a deck together that feels really strong?

KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1890 posts

I got lucky enough to get 2 vaders in 37 boosters. I played elite Vader with a tusken raider. 6 blue dice, 4 yellow dice and 2 grey dice. I went 3-0 today. I feel like no one can beat it.

Anyone else get a deck together that feels really strong?

There are several strong counters to this.

Qui-gon with shields works well,

Elite Jabba and Jango can really hurt this build especially if they prized possession one of Vaders dice.

If you are having trouble beating Vader consider bringing some anti melee tech. It's hard to know what else to tell you as we don't know what 6 blue dice and 4 yellow dice are included in your build. Either way the team is definitely beatable.

I've personally taken down Vader/Tusekn using a heavy aggressive Elite Grievous/ Elite Bala-tik deck, with some quality rolls you can get 7-8 damage on vader in the first round and finish him off round 2. With poor rols you are still probably getting 4-5 damage on him and setting yourself up to get him close to down.

• Hida77 likes this

Drakanore

Drakanore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I had someone try an elite vader build against my padme/luke mill deck.

Lets just say vader alone isn't enough to win in aggro, even with two dice - the upgrades matter, and it hurts that deck a lot if the immobilize and force chokes dissapear.

SlapHappy

SlapHappy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Vader is powerful, but he needs the deck to be built around him to maximize his potential. I think he os strong, but not unbeatable by any means.

Hida77

Hida77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

I have been having a good bit of success with both the Shielding Deck (QGJ, Rey, Padawan) and eGrievous/Jango.  

I think the Shielding Deck is probably better overall, but I have been demolishing Vader decks with eGrevious/Jango.  It has enough dice removal to keep Vader in check until you get him to just below half health and then you just burst him down from there. The yellow villain/neutral cards are quite good for this style, multiple bursty cards/cheap dice removal. 

If you get to claim its even worse, since Jango does a lot of work in that situation 

IDK if they are the best decks really, but definitely a lot of fun to play.

I had tried eHan/eRey and didn't have as much success with it as I expected.  Maybe it's just me/my build for it.

I view eVader decks as Gatekeepers right now.  Easy to build if you have the cards and tough to play against, but beatable and if you have a deck that can beat it regularly, your deck probably beats most other stuff as well.

Hida77

Hida77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

I had someone try an elite vader build against my padme/luke mill deck.

Lets just say vader alone isn't enough to win in aggro, even with two dice - the upgrades matter, and it hurts that deck a lot if the immobilize and force chokes dissapear.

Yup, totally agree.  He needs a bit of time to setup, and if he is denied his tools or is basically dead once he gets them he gets steamrolled generally.

SlapHappy

SlapHappy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I feel like Vader will become even more useful with more sets. His ability is no joke, and if cheaper characters become available to pair with him.....Watch out!

Hida77

Hida77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

I feel like Vader will become even more useful with more sets. His ability is no joke, and if cheaper characters become available to pair with him.....Watch out!

Maybe, but I actually think Luke is even more in that position.  His cost for 2 dice is very awkward and the draw will likely be more relevant when there are more events.