Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2017 U.S. Nationals

- - - - - Nationals 2017

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

LoneElfRanger

LoneElfRanger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts
https://www.fantasyf...tionals-at-etx/

So, Seattle.
  • istaril likes this

Vorrt

Vorrt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Yeah, I'm out for that one.   For me to go to that I'd end up paying more than Gen Con.

istaril

istaril

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1741 posts

Some logic to it! With Worlds and Gencon much more mid-west, Origins felt like, and I quote someone (loosely) "A sort of weird mid-west regional". And on the bright side, I'm supposed to be in Montana the week after...

Of it all, though, I know the organizers (Patrick Day & co) and had some on the cast. I think this sort of "official support for a fan-run event" model for Nationals has a lot of potential in their hands. 

LoneElfRanger

LoneElfRanger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Some logic to it! With Worlds and Gencon much more mid-west, Origins felt like, and I quote someone (loosely) "A sort of weird mid-west regional". And on the bright side, I'm supposed to be in Montana the week after...

Of it all, though, I know the organizers (Patrick Dennis & co) and had some on the cast. I think this sort of "official support for a fan-run event" model for Nationals has a lot of potential in their hands.

I have no issues with moving it since I was unlikely to attend Nationals anyway. Now it'll just feel like a weird Northwest Regional. Right now the only people strongly against the move are the Midwesterners.
  • Vorrt likes this

Vorrt

Vorrt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

I have no issues with moving it since I was unlikely to attend Nationals anyway. Now it'll just feel like a weird Northwest Regional. Right now the only people stronly against the move are the Midwesterners.

True story

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nationals, 2017