Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How many boosters have you bought?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: How many boosters have you bought? (91 member(s) have cast votes)

How many Boosters have you bought?

1. I've not bought into this game yet, I just like clicking buttons. (7 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. I've bought between 1 and 35 booster packs. (13 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. I've bought bought 1 booster box, +/- some boosters. (15 votes [16.48%])

Percentage of vote: 16.48%

4. I've bought bought 2 booster boxes, +/- some boosters. (26 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

5. I've bought bought 3+ booster boxes, +/- some boosters. (30 votes [32.97%])

Percentage of vote: 32.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

As per the poll. Feel free to discuss as well.

Ironswimsuit

Ironswimsuit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1081 posts

I've bought four packs and zero starters.

Zilvake

Zilvake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

I have both the Starter Decks. I also pre-ordered 5 packs from Team Covenant that I am eagerly waiting on. :) My LGS also has a few booster/starter boxes back ordered so my group and I will likely be buying in even more.

Gosgosh

Gosgosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Bought 2 boxes + some 5~7ish boosters solo beforehand. Also 2 Kylo + 1 Rey Starter, if I get my hands on another Rey Starter tomorrow I'll definitly buy it.

As far as I know SW:Destiny is sold old really fast in my local gaming store (I talk about 15+ boxes and same amount of starters english/german mixed in a week after they refill the shelfes so yeah) and apperently the store gets less and less...I hope they (FFG) either reprint Awakening or print more in the next run for the next set.

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I've bought 3 boxes.  I've also purchased 15 packs individually and won 9 more over a few tournaments.  I was unlucky enough to pull only 1 legendary between all 24 of those packs.  i still have several legendaries and even some rares and uncommons that I either dont have enough of or even have a single copy of.  Its rediculous how much you have to invest to be able to be compettative

palpster

palpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

I've bought 3 boxes.  I've also purchased 15 packs individually and won 9 more over a few tournaments.  I was unlucky enough to pull only 1 legendary between all 24 of those packs.  i still have several legendaries and even some rares and uncommons that I either dont have enough of or even have a single copy of.  Its rediculous how much you have to invest to be able to be compettative

you mean how much you have to invest to own everything twice? which surely isn't the same thing as being competitive.

• Darksbane and Gosgosh like this

retoxidi

retoxidi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

you mean how much you have to invest to own everything twice? which surely isn't the same thing as being competitive.

True. Although for me being competetive with the same deck over an over and over again gets too dull quickly. And of course we shall not forget a crucial part of being competetive: playing all kinds of decks to learn their weaknesses. And for that reason it's great to have majority of the cards in your collection.

BayushiNinja

BayushiNinja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

The grand total has me somewhere between 3-4 boxes worth of product.  

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I keep winning with the same deck and am getting tired of doing so, not to mention, I'm sure my opponents are tired of playing against it.  I don't need to own every card just to collect and own it.  I want to be able to build any deck that I can conceive.  That means 2 of almost everything.  I even want 4 of some key neutrals like cunning or jetpack just so I can have them in 2 decks that I could play against each other.  I'm approaching 4 boxes worth and still need at least 4 more legendaries and thats with a few of them only being 1 ofs.  

• Asklepios likes this

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

I get that psychology. I also am wary of making this into an expensive addiction, as doing the whole 3+ box thing for each set is going to be crippling.

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3801 posts
I bought three boxes and just sold for seven hundred in profit....the game needs to get printed lot more

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I get that psychology. I also am wary of making this into an expensive addiction, as doing the whole 3+ box thing for each set is going to be crippling.

Yup.  Reminds me of my magic days years ago when I used to buy 2-3 boxes per set release.  I've been spoiled by the lcg where I only have to invest 15 bucks every 6-8 weeks.

• pantsyg, Caldera, BayushiSezaru and 2 others like this

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

With 1 booster box, and proxying a second dice for characters, had a good session last night. Had to rebuild decks between every game though, as there's basically no way to have more than one good deck built at once.

Annoyingly my only 2 dice character (starters aside) is Amidala, and I could not get her to work AT ALL. Vader (with 2nd proxy dice) otoh, was just amazing. 

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

I had a few decent decks on 1 box; 2 boxes + the starters have yielded pretty wide deck options for me, along with some good repeat legendaries to either sell or trade (though I am a bit reticent to let go of high-value cards I have at 1x like Vader and Luke, even at a big price; what if I do want to play them down the road???). I can't build every deck I'd want (I'm notably lacking Poe, who I really want to make the vehicle deck I always try to build in every Star Wars game, and Han, who just looks super fun), but I can play several fun ones and a few that feel somewhat competitive, which is fine as I don't intend to dive too deep into the tournament scene. Plus, our local players are great about loaning dice/cards around to test things out. 

~$200 a quarter for 2 boxes and perhaps select singles falls well within what I'd consider acceptable hobby spending, especially as I try to play 8-10 games a week so the time value I'm getting is quite good. Much more than I spend on the LCG in the same period, but not breaking even my grad student bank. If anything, it just means I'm shifting spending away from beer, which I could do with less of anyway.

• palpster and Caldera like this

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

Man, I'm close to being sold on a second box here. Low availability on the internet means I'd be doing it on foot, which is helping me resist...

I mean, I got me an Ackbar and the cards for the Ackbar/Luke deck, but I got no Luke. Either I start spending money, or I wait for Jyn... Likewise, I've got two Holocrons, but I've got no decent dark jedi to load up with powers...

It is sooooo tempting.

Darksbane

Darksbane

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3594 posts

I've bought 4 boxes and a few loose packs. I'll be opening another half a box tomorrow that I'm splitting with a friend. With that amount and some small trades I've got a pretty complete collection. I've got 2x of all the characters except Poe (1) and Phasma (0), I've got at least 1 of every other legendary and a couple left to trade. I'm done purchasing until the expansion so right now saving up for that.

Abyssalfury

Abyssalfury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

3 and a half boxes, plus 8 or so packs. With some friendly trading, I've managed to pick up most of what I need, and can borrow the rest.

There hasn't been anything like the supply issues the US has had over here in Australia, and most people locally seem to have gone in pretty hard.

Hakkor

Hakkor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

FFG players are used to LCG. Players in my local area also tried to buy as many boxes and boosters they could to get two copies of every card. If we think back and compare it to other TCG, like magic, I'm sure the idea of being competitive is not owning  all of the cards, but have a pool wide enough to play a couple of decks, and change cards with other players to undo old decks and make new ones. So, giving up you beloved decks to play new ones is not a something LCG players feel comfortable with, such as me, but that's the way the game is.

What I mostly dislike is the minimum investment the game asks you (about 1 box and 2 starters) to start making consistent decks. I bought 2 boxes and 2 starters, and had to focus just on the light or dark side in order to have most of the cards twice. A very emphazised MOST, not all. And I'm a deck tweaking addict. :(

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

FFG players are used to LCG. Players in my local area also tried to buy as many boxes and boosters they could to get two copies of every card. If we think back and compare it to other TCG, like magic, I'm sure the idea of being competitive is not owning  all of the cards, but have a pool wide enough to play a couple of decks, and change cards with other players to undo old decks and make new ones. So, giving up you beloved decks to play new ones is not a something LCG players feel comfortable with, such as me, but that's the way the game is.

So this!