Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Initiative after warlord withdrawal

warlord initiative

Best Answer Skyknight , 11 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

Initiative for combat is determined only once per. planet and does not switch afterwards (unless by means of a card effect, cf. Vezuel's signature event, 'Unseen Strike'.)

Once the Command phase ends, the order of things is as follows:

1. Combat Phase begins

1.1 Mobile

(1.2 Reactions to mobile/moving/Combat phase beginning etc.)

2. Action window

3. Initiative is determined*

4. Deep Strike

(4.1 Reactions to Deep Strike)

5. Battle begins

(5.1 Reactions)

6. Ranged phase begins

And so on - see RRG pp. 21-22

*If both you and you opponent has his warlord present then the player already holding the initiative token gets the initiative during combat in step 3; if only one warlord is present, the player controlling that warlord automatically gets the initiative for combat; if neither warlords are present, then the player holding the initiative token gets the initiative during combat on that planet. Note that the initiative token ​is not moved from the player holding it for the round, as this is all a matter of initiative for combat only, not the remainder of the round.

Remember also that if a warlord is bloddied durring combat, it immediately moves to the HQ and is exhausted (and it's flipped to its bloddied side)

This doesn't affect who has the combat initiative though, as this has already been determined in step 3 above.

Hope this helps :)

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Krasko666

Krasko666

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

i played a game with a friend yesterday and we got a dispute over initiative...so what happened , in ranged skirmish he delt 9 dmg to my plaguefather and he became bloodied... ive had a initiative token and we both got our warlords on the planet... so the first thing after start of combat phase i withdrew my warlord then the battle continued all units were exhausted so we proceeded to next phase of battle so we readied all our units and then the problem occured... whos got a initiative now , is it still me because the initiative was resolved at the start of battle and is non changing to the end of it or him because hes got a warlord still present at that planet which is more the initiative token???

thanks

Skyknight

Skyknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts
✓  Best Answer

Initiative for combat is determined only once per. planet and does not switch afterwards (unless by means of a card effect, cf. Vezuel's signature event, 'Unseen Strike'.)

Once the Command phase ends, the order of things is as follows:

1. Combat Phase begins

1.1 Mobile

(1.2 Reactions to mobile/moving/Combat phase beginning etc.)

2. Action window

3. Initiative is determined*

4. Deep Strike

(4.1 Reactions to Deep Strike)

5. Battle begins

(5.1 Reactions)

6. Ranged phase begins

And so on - see RRG pp. 21-22

*If both you and you opponent has his warlord present then the player already holding the initiative token gets the initiative during combat in step 3; if only one warlord is present, the player controlling that warlord automatically gets the initiative for combat; if neither warlords are present, then the player holding the initiative token gets the initiative during combat on that planet. Note that the initiative token ​is not moved from the player holding it for the round, as this is all a matter of initiative for combat only, not the remainder of the round.

Remember also that if a warlord is bloddied durring combat, it immediately moves to the HQ and is exhausted (and it's flipped to its bloddied side)

This doesn't affect who has the combat initiative though, as this has already been determined in step 3 above.

Hope this helps :)

Stefan2581

Stefan2581

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

I have to correct Skyknight in one little thing:

Mobile happens before any reactions to the beginning of combat phase happen.

1. Combat Phase begins

1.1 Mobile

1.1.1 Reactions to mobile/moving etc.

1.2 Reactions to Beginning of Combat Phase

2. Action window

• Skyknight likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warlord, initiative