Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The future of the Conquest community

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

I'd think that after FFG's contract with GW ended at the end of this month, that this forum will likely disappear as well.  I know there are a few forums out there for Conquest, but it'd be nice if there's a consensus choice where we can all go to continue discussion of our favorite (or mine is at least) LCG.  

• MightyToenail and Jamesstymn like this

SlaaneshDevotee

SlaaneshDevotee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
The Facebook group and Skype conversation suit me. There is a reddit group that would work for threaded conversion too. I'm curious to see if Dan's deck builder having card and deck commentary will be a good place to chat also.
  • sammann11, LordVampire and MightyToenail like this

Ratadin

Ratadin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I would really like a Conquest forum. The fb groups are good and all, but not for having real conversations.

Going to reddit could be a good idea, though im not that fan of the reddit system.
  • Gosgosh and MightyToenail like this

Tytou

Tytou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

!00% agree, finding a spot to chat, share ideas and discuss about Conquest is a great idea. I am not a fan of reddit too but to be honest, I don't have any better suggestion at this point.

• MightyToenail likes this

dnapolitano

dnapolitano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

The Facebook group and Skype conversation suit me. There is a reddit group that would work for threaded conversion too. I'm curious to see if Dan's deck builder having card and deck commentary will be a good place to chat also.

As it exists the site supports deck and card commenting. By time site goes live session reports and some form of card rating/review will be supported. The home page functions as a portal into all of this.

A core focus of mine is building a social aspect into the site, not just to help sustain and build the community, but because this helps keep the site active and generates usable data. I have some additional ideas of controlled ways to do this that I will be testing. How far I can push an open forum-type element remains to be seen, though I have my doubts. It's not that the functionality would be hard. It's more the management and protection of the site and it's decent users against the few jerks out there that I question if I have the time, skill or desire to manage. Plus, Facebook, Skype and reddit (which I don't use but suspect falls into this category) would probably do this better anyway.
  • Ultramarine likes this

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

As it exists the site supports deck and card commenting. By time site goes live session reports and some form of card rating/review will be supported. The home page functions as a portal into all of this.

A core focus of mine is building a social aspect into the site, not just to help sustain and build the community, but because this helps keep the site active and generates usable data. I have some additional ideas of controlled ways to do this that I will be testing. How far I can push an open forum-type element remains to be seen, though I have my doubts. It's not that the functionality would be hard. It's more the management and protection of the site and it's decent users against the few jerks out there that I question if I have the time, skill or desire to manage. Plus, Facebook, Skype and reddit (which I don't use but suspect falls into this category) would probably do this better anyway.

You can probably find people to be the Mods for your forum.  I for one may volunteer my service if I frequent the site enough.  

Gosgosh

Gosgosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

What about Discord for a live chat?

Kaloo

Kaloo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

What about Discord for a live chat?

There already is a Discord but no one really used it since most people used the Skype chat instead

Forums provide a more sustainable form of content retention than any chat based service and are far easier to access older posts than Facebook. If you could add it in I think it would be great, and if you need a hand to code it I have some experience making one from when I did my degree. Similarly, if you need mods I'm happy to help.

• BaraBob, Ultramarine, MightyToenail and 3 others like this

dnapolitano

dnapolitano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Forums provide a more sustainable form of content retention than any chat based service and are far easier to access older posts than Facebook. If you could add it in I think it would be great, and if you need a hand to code it I have some experience making one from when I did my degree. Similarly, if you need mods I'm happy to help.

Thanks. We should explore this then.
  • SlaaneshDevotee and SmoothCriminal15 like this