Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kind of New, Lots of questions

rules

Best Answer Skyknight , 10 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

[1]First, if a Warlord retreats or get bloodied and has to retreat from a battle and there is no other warlord present does the battle continue? [2]Also say it did continue and the battle takes place on the first planet, if a player wins the battle with no warlord do they win the planet?

[3]Just to clarify, if a card says deploy something do you have to pay the printed cost and if it says to play a card you can out it down for free?

Welcome to the game!

Q&A:

1 - Yes, once a battle is initiated, on the first planet or otherwise, it is always played out regardless of warlords retreating or moving away, until a winner is found or a stalemate is agreed; the later is rare, so never mind that at this stage. If both sides has no units left at one point during a battle, and both pass on actions too, the battle ends without a winner being found; if this happens on the first planet, the planet is discarded. 

2 - Yes. And for any battle it goes that once a ready unit has no opposing units left to attack, the battle ends in the following way:

1. Battle ends

2. Winner/looser is determined

3. Winner may trigger battle ability

3 - Yes, if you deploy you pay the cost(s) of the card, and if you 'put into play' you avoid paying its cost(s). Furthermore, deploy is always from your hand to the play area, unless specified otherwise.

Tyranids:

[4]Can units follow the synapse unit from your HQ to a planet? or do they always follow the warlord?

[5]Token cards, any other deck can ally and have up to 20 token cards. So it seems a bit silly that Tyranids can only have up to 10 as they can't allow to increase the total. Would it not make sense for this to be changed so they can have more?

[6]So the hive mind abilities are pretty cool but my question is can things stack, for example. One the the units adds ranged to all token cards at the same planet. And another unit adds area effect to token cards at the same planet. If you have both units adding ranged and area effect, does it become an area effect ranged attack? or do you need to choose between the 2?

[7]Also the non faction cards, i get that you can't ally with anyone else and only use tyranids buuuut can you use the non faction event/support/attachment cards as they don't state ally on the card and with the low resource start the mine and promotion cards would help in a tyranid deck.

---

4 - No. Units in your HQ always follow the warlord when the later is committed to a planet. These units are sometimes referred to as the 'warlord train' in everyday jargon.

5 - No, that's how the game is meant to function.

6 - In your scenario they would both apply, so your termagants can have both Ranged and AoE X as well as Flying and Armorbane and whatever you can throw at them through units with the Hive Mind specialization. You don't have to choose between them.

7 - Tyranids cannot include units outside of their own faction, e.g. Rogue Traders or Void Pirates refuse to work with the Tyranids (they eat anything non-Tyranid you see), but any neutral non-unit card may be added if you like. Promotions may not be a bad idea ;)

Hope this helps. I'd recommend you take a thorough look at the Rules Reference Guide (RRG) too, especially pages 20-22.

Cheers  

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

KvotheDaardrian

KvotheDaardrian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello,

I am kind of new to the game, also i don't know anyone else who plays it so i have a few questions regarding certain situations:

Basic Rules:

First, if a Warlord retreats or get bloodied and has to retreat from a battle and there is no other warlord present does the battle continue? Also say it did continue and the battle takes place on the first planet, if a player wins the battle with no warlord do they win the planet?

Just to clarify, if a card says deploy something do you have to pay the printed cost and if it says to play a card you can out it down for free?

Tyranids:

Can units follow the synapse unit from your HQ to a planet? or do they always follow the warlord?

Token cards, any other deck can ally and have up to 20 token cards. So it seems a bit silly that Tyranids can only have up to 10 as they can't allow to increase the total. Would it not make sense for this to be changed so they can have more?

So the hive mind abilities are pretty cool but my question is can things stack, for example. One the the units adds ranged to all token cards at the same planet. And another unit adds area effect to token cards at the same planet. If you have both units adding ranged and area effect, does it become an area effect ranged attack? or do you need to choose between the 2?

Also the non faction cards, i get that you can't ally with anyone else and only use tyranids buuuut can you use the non faction event/support/attachment cards as they don't state ally on the card and with the low resource start the mine and promotion cards would help in a tyranid deck.

Errr i think that is all for now :D

7toTb0T.png

Skyknight

Skyknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
✓  Best Answer

[1]First, if a Warlord retreats or get bloodied and has to retreat from a battle and there is no other warlord present does the battle continue? [2]Also say it did continue and the battle takes place on the first planet, if a player wins the battle with no warlord do they win the planet?

[3]Just to clarify, if a card says deploy something do you have to pay the printed cost and if it says to play a card you can out it down for free?

Welcome to the game!

Q&A:

1 - Yes, once a battle is initiated, on the first planet or otherwise, it is always played out regardless of warlords retreating or moving away, until a winner is found or a stalemate is agreed; the later is rare, so never mind that at this stage. If both sides has no units left at one point during a battle, and both pass on actions too, the battle ends without a winner being found; if this happens on the first planet, the planet is discarded. 

2 - Yes. And for any battle it goes that once a ready unit has no opposing units left to attack, the battle ends in the following way:

1. Battle ends

2. Winner/looser is determined

3. Winner may trigger battle ability

3 - Yes, if you deploy you pay the cost(s) of the card, and if you 'put into play' you avoid paying its cost(s). Furthermore, deploy is always from your hand to the play area, unless specified otherwise.

Tyranids:

[4]Can units follow the synapse unit from your HQ to a planet? or do they always follow the warlord?

[5]Token cards, any other deck can ally and have up to 20 token cards. So it seems a bit silly that Tyranids can only have up to 10 as they can't allow to increase the total. Would it not make sense for this to be changed so they can have more?

[6]So the hive mind abilities are pretty cool but my question is can things stack, for example. One the the units adds ranged to all token cards at the same planet. And another unit adds area effect to token cards at the same planet. If you have both units adding ranged and area effect, does it become an area effect ranged attack? or do you need to choose between the 2?

[7]Also the non faction cards, i get that you can't ally with anyone else and only use tyranids buuuut can you use the non faction event/support/attachment cards as they don't state ally on the card and with the low resource start the mine and promotion cards would help in a tyranid deck.

---

4 - No. Units in your HQ always follow the warlord when the later is committed to a planet. These units are sometimes referred to as the 'warlord train' in everyday jargon.

5 - No, that's how the game is meant to function.

6 - In your scenario they would both apply, so your termagants can have both Ranged and AoE X as well as Flying and Armorbane and whatever you can throw at them through units with the Hive Mind specialization. You don't have to choose between them.

7 - Tyranids cannot include units outside of their own faction, e.g. Rogue Traders or Void Pirates refuse to work with the Tyranids (they eat anything non-Tyranid you see), but any neutral non-unit card may be added if you like. Promotions may not be a bad idea ;)

Hope this helps. I'd recommend you take a thorough look at the Rules Reference Guide (RRG) too, especially pages 20-22.

Cheers  

• sammann11 and KvotheDaardrian like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rules