Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Enemy attacks through card effects

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

In The Dunwich Legacy, we can find 3 cards that can cause an enemy to attack, not because of a rule (framework 3.3 in the enemy phase or attacks of opportunity), but because of a card effect. Those cards are Clover Club Pit Boss, Wizard of Yog-Sothoth and Hunted Down. The question that came to me is "do enemies exhaust after those attacks?" As I could not find the answer in the Rules Reference, I sent it to FFG.

Hi,

When an enemy makes an attack because of a card effect (rather than the framework in the enemy phase or an attack of opportunity), does it exhaust?

The cards that prompt the question have slightly different wordings concerning those attacks, does it change the way to resolve them?

Relevant card text:

Clover Club Pit Boss (The Dunwich Legacy 78)
"[...] Clover Club Pit Boss readies, engages that investigator, and makes an immediate attack."

Wizard of Yog-Sothoth (The Dunwich Legacy 87)
"[...] Wizard of Yog-Sothoth attacks that investigator."

Hunted Down (The Dunwich Legacy 99)
"[...] Each Criminal enemy that engages you as a result of this effect makes an immediate attack."

Thanks in advance

I'll post the answer when I get it.

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1051 posts

They don't exhaust. Here's Matt's answer:

Greetings,

Enemies only exhaust after attacking when they make their standard attack during the enemy phase. Enemies do not exhaust when making attacks of opportunity or when making any extra attacks from card effects.

Cheers,