Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Doomtown: Reloaded is coming back

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2833 posts

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet...

https://www.kickstar...n/posts/1809098

Scroll down a little to "Doomtown Reloaded News".

• veezya likes this

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1660 posts

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kennon

Kennon

Podcast Editor

• Small Council
  • 1487 posts

I may know people involved in this...

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1163 posts

NOOOOOOOO now Ashes will struggle even more! Don't die on me!

mnBroncos

mnBroncos

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 3771 posts

NOOOOOOOO now Ashes will struggle even more! Don't die on me!

....no official comments but i may know that ashes won't be dying anytime soon....in fact maybe pushed more shortly. 

Tobogan

Tobogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Disappointed if db0 not working there.

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1163 posts

....no official comments but i may know that ashes won't be dying anytime soon....in fact maybe pushed more shortly. 

Well, I saw that tweet, but after these delays I don't know if the game can hold up anymore. I remember when FFG had the delays shipping The Great Devourer for Conquest. The community took a huge hit, and that was when the product was actually announced and from a major company. So many players likely left Ashes with no announced product. Unless you are referring to something other than that tweet...

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Well, I saw that tweet, but after these delays I don't know if the game can hold up anymore. I remember when FFG had the delays shipping The Great Devourer for Conquest. The community took a huge hit, and that was when the product was actually announced and from a major company. So many players likely left Ashes with no announced product. Unless you are referring to something other than that tweet...

I left waiting for Leo and Victoria to hit the shelves... Well, technically, I could have bought the translated versions of those decks, but I wanted the cards in English. What put me off Ashes is the lack of distribution. On the other hand, I still haven't stopped playing Doomtown...

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1163 posts

I left waiting for Leo and Victoria to hit the shelves... Well, technically, I could have bought the translated versions of those decks, but I wanted the cards in English. What put me off Ashes is the lack of distribution. On the other hand, I still haven't stopped playing Doomtown...

Though now that they are part of ANA, the distribution issues should vanish.

Khudzlin

Khudzlin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Though now that they are part of ANA, the distribution issues should vanish.

They haven't yet. Also, I don't see anyone playing Ashes anymore in my FLGS (and I'm there 3 nights a week).

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1163 posts

They haven't yet. Also, I don't see anyone playing Ashes anymore in my FLGS (and I'm there 3 nights a week).

New decks coming in July though, and then the resuming of regular content has me pretty excited.

nguyentrongvan

nguyentrongvan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

:wub:

_______

apksave

veezya

veezya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

http://pineboxentertainment.com

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1660 posts

banner-1.jpg

Back form the dead baby!!!

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2833 posts

I just hope that pine box has a plan to deal with the problems Doomtown had "last time".  It needs to be a lot easier for people to learn and understand.  I feel like the #1 thing I need to know is whether this is a serious attempt to establish the game, or if it's just some sort of "fan service" thing aimed solely at people that are already Doomtown fans, because that sort of thing seldom lasts very long.

It's going to be very hard to overcome the established perceptions that the game is too hard/fiddly/confusing, so I'm just going to watch this for a while and see how things seem to be going.

Tobogan

Tobogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

I don't think they can make the game more newbie-friendly. Maybe rewrtitting the manual. Also the core game is still an AEG product, and I do not believe they will release a new core set.

But everthing is possible.

Edit: They actually rewrote the manual. Also that semi-spoiled card is a new card type, like Sensei in L5R.

Tragic

Tragic

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1660 posts

they have kind of addressed this in the DTR forums at BGG... basically there will be no mechanical changes in the new version, but they are completely redoing the rule book. Removing all the confusing "cowboy talk" style and making it a normal book.

DTR is in the upper bracket of complex card games.. I mean it is no Middle Earth or Dune, but it is still up there in the most complex of card games and THAT is one of the reasons it is so frickn awesome, imo.

Like many complex games once you learn it you realise it has a very solid logic to it and flows very well, so imo, the problem is not DTR.. but the rule book itself. We have all read terrible rule books and one of the common "factors" in that is the over use of "language".. in DTRs case trying to write in an accented slang... what were they thinking?

Tobogan

Tobogan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

And imagine trying to understand it while english is not your mother language.

The Rulebook v1.1 

FAQ and ruling v0.5

Tournament rules v1.1

dboeren

dboeren

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2833 posts

In addition to the new rulebook I'm hoping there will be some good videos demonstrating how to play (like how a Job works for instance) and some deck building tutorials as well to help new players understand what they're trying to do with deck design.

• Kennon likes this

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Conquest Rules Arbitrator

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3275 posts
Might be easier to sell my collection now at least with this news.