Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chapter Pack 6 spoiler?!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

slothgodfather

slothgodfather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2951 posts

Turn 3 Many powers long asleep to counter their Valar.

Slight timing issue with this if you mean they plan to Valar on turn 3. The reason being is, even if the Valar resolves first and then MPLA resolves second, the dead characters from Valar haven't left the board yet due to moribund state, so the plot could only return a character that was killed during a previous phase.

ShadowcatX2000

ShadowcatX2000

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1394 posts

Slight timing issue with this if you mean they plan to Valar on turn 3. The reason being is, even if the Valar resolves first and then MPLA resolves second, the dead characters from Valar haven't left the board yet due to moribund state, so the plot could only return a character that was killed during a previous phase.

Good catch. Kill Melisandra off to a 2nd turn military challenge. They'll be less likely to Valar and you still profit.

Rave

Rave

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 288 posts
hahaha. Wow. Hello The Inn at the Crossroads (LotR) :D

I think it would be easy enough to flop 5 or 6 off 3 gold in a Clansman deck.

Edit: Man, Nufenix beat me to it!

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
Sorry Rave ;)

Grimwalker

Grimwalker

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
Given that Search and Detain has been Unrestricted in melee, this will be better balanced in that format.

Insta-FAQ--Once they bounce it back to your hand, when you play it back, does it regain its immunity? Your agenda is still in play and its text was never touched.

slothgodfather

slothgodfather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2951 posts
I would say like every other aspect of a cards text that leaves play, when it reenters play it is not the same card regardless if it is the same cardboard. But I have been wrong before.

I think the immunity would apply only if "name the location" was part of the sentence that grants the immunity.

agktmte

agktmte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1294 posts
If it does regain the immunity if played again, then I am much more likely to attempt a deck with this agenda.

cooperflood

cooperflood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

However, I am wondering, what decks would use this instead of another agenda?

Targ Burn: I can see people building around Great Pyramid of Meereen (AHM) for two influence rather than KotHH

Lanni Kneel: The Iron Throne (LotR) is a really good card, which could heavily boost their control

Greyjoy (Non-Winter): I could see Longship Iron Victory (KotS) finding a home in a number of Greyjoy decks. Greyjoy really lacks in the draw department and this helps with that hole, while allowing you to push through more challenges.

Stark: Harrenhal (ODG) has been mentioned, but is worth repeating. Very strong draw engine. Add three copies of Rickon Stark (MotA) for even more goodness. I know I will see people playing Stark Murder with Bear Island (AE).

Just my two cents.

NuFenix

NuFenix

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
It can't be limited, so Great Pyramid isn't a valid option cooperflood.

Rickon and Harrnhal together won't work, as you are searching your deck, just X amount of it.

With Lannister kneel, will the Iron Throne do more than being TMP (which I have used) or PbtT?

I don't know Greyjoy well enough, nor have much luck using them, to say what would work well for them when not playing choke.

Rhaego

Rhaego

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Im surprised no one mentioned targaryen kill with Aegon's Hill (TTotH)orRhaenys's Hill (TBoBB) or Greyjoy full discard deck with Corpse Lake (TBC) (you lose 1 gold though) the possibilities are endless!

Grimwalker

Grimwalker

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
I personally wouldn't play too inexpensive a location due to A City Besieged (CD). I've rarely had problems with 3 copies of Corpse Lake and a mulligan if I don't have it in my starting hand.

kenaris

kenaris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
I think this could be useful in a Martell House Dayne deck. Getting Starfall out right off the bat without using Building Season could be helpful. Also, you would only need one copy of Starfall as well so that would free up some room to add a couple of other cards.

MrCarbohydrate

MrCarbohydrate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
I like the idea of Aegon's Hill.

With the other amount of character control Targs have been getting, they could get even better with this Agenda.

ShadowcatX2000

ShadowcatX2000

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 1394 posts
More spoilers:

http://agotcards.org/talkboard/v/521

Laxen

Laxen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Compare it to knights for a moment.

That was actually my very first thought too. But for my Targ Knights and Meraxes (might even be worth considering for Targ Summer).

I trade 1 card and 2 gold in setup for; completely losing the risk of Knights agenda backfiring, trading the risk of sometimes not drawing to a decision of not drawing or letting both me and my opponent draw, 4 dominance strength and less restricted deck building again but slightly delayed card draw. Kinda seems worth it.

JCWamma

JCWamma

Advanced Member

• Small Council
  • 2033 posts
On the Corpse Lake front, assuming you're running 3 copies in a 60 card deck there's a 56.6% chance you get one in either your initial set-up hand or after a mulligan, so it's up to you whether that number's high enough to justify leaving the agenda to the side or the assurance you have a copy (and the immunity, although ACB hits it pretty early) trumps the fact that you lose out on the extra gold from the set-up (as opposed to most other suggestions where you at least break even due to the cost of the card).