Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Championship Cards: Preview

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

WarFather

WarFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

POPULAR

Jeremy aka 2014 World Champion 

Space Marine - Black Templar

Varun aka 2015 World Champion

Ork (Champion of the Deploy Phase)

Nathan aka 2016 North America and World Champion

Sorry for the crap pics (My camera phone doesn't capture the colors very well + evil glare), should be getting the digital file along with the card files tomorrow or the next day. 

Pic 1 = War Father Nathaniel 

Pic 2 = War Father's Shadows

33051855951_12ee9dafda_b.jpg

33051855611_bbea22e998_b.jpg

• sammann11, Domino, Ultramarine and 7 others like this

LilBabyDragon

LilBabyDragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

That artwork looks absolutely awesome... but three out of four are Space Marines?  :unsure:

Skyknight

Skyknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Niiice, the artwork looks extraordinary :D

The first almost looks like a Vindicare assassin on Nectavus, though the power pack and power armour clearly mark him as a Space Marine - probably a Raven Guard or Dark Angel performing an unseen strike (likely via the Deep Strike mechanic.)

The second looks so awesome too!

I hope Jeremy's Black Templar is a 4-cost unit.. :P Can't wait to see Varun's Ork as well!

• junglecat likes this

Gabb

Gabb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

That artwork looks absolutely awesome... but three out of four are Space Marines?  :unsure:

Yeah you would think Brad would force each winner to pick a different faction for a card

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Shouldn't we be getting the new cards by now, or at least a preview?

SlaaneshDevotee

SlaaneshDevotee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
I wonder if they've missed the window and now we need the champions to post the card images?
Looks like no final errata too :(

phillosmaster

phillosmaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Those are pretty cool.  Can't wait to see the others.  Especially Varun's.  I really want to see one more official Ork card :)

Are those Raven Guard?  They didn't get nearly enough love in this game.  Jump packs + lightning claws are pretty awesome.

WarFather

WarFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Those are pretty cool.  Can't wait to see the others.  Especially Varun's.  I really want to see one more official Ork card :)

Are those Raven Guard?  They didn't get nearly enough love in this game.  Jump packs + lightning claws are pretty awesome.

They are indeed Raven Guard. 

I got an update on Friday from FFG stating the following: 

"They’re printed but I’m waiting on final approvals to release them - it might be a week or so. Sorry for the trouble!"

• Ultramarine, SlaaneshDevotee, Skyknight and 1 other like this

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Will we be getting a printable version if we want to print our own copies to play with?
  • Skyknight likes this

SmoothCriminal15

SmoothCriminal15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
I'M GROWING IMPATIENT!

WarFather

WarFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts
I saw the cards in person, but they can't give them to me until some sort of final GW approval. I am also dieing to get them.
  • sammann11, Ultramarine, MightyToenail and 4 others like this

Gabb

Gabb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

I saw the cards in person, but they can't give them to me until some sort of final GW approval. I am also dieing to get them.

uh oh, since the deadline is already up, maybe GW will never approve them? Can you at least tell us what the cards do?

WarFather

WarFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

I sent them e-mail earlier today (10 days after they said 1 week or so). If I don't here back from them soon, I might do a write up for the cards, but I really would like to show the 4 cards in their full glory.

• sammann11, Asklepios, Ultramarine and 3 others like this

Skyknight

Skyknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Let's all have a little patience yet. It's not exactly like FFG and GW are cosying up to each other, so these things probably aren't easy..

But granted, the suspense is murder :D

• SlaaneshDevotee likes this

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
If hypothetically GW holds up the cards and refuses to release them, maybe we can get them by other means. *coughbclcough*

Intolerance

Intolerance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Been 3 weeks I think. After a month I'm not sure what someone would be waiting for. You'd think either side would just want to get things wrapped up if there were pending actions.

WarFather

WarFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Soon!??

=)   =/

Just heard this today.

"Approval just came back for these but unfortunately I’m headed out the door for Adepticon. I would be happy to get these to you next week."

• Veetek, Intolerance, Ultramarine and 2 others like this

LilBabyDragon

LilBabyDragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

"Approval just came back for these but unfortunately I’m headed out the door for Adepticon. I would be happy to get these to you next week."

509d51ad5e63f2d3430193ef5d7ba118.jpg

• Veetek, SlaaneshDevotee and MiserableToad like this

Gabb

Gabb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Soon!??

=)   =/

Just heard this today.

WarFather what exactly do you plan to do when they give you the cards?