Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gamblo plus Stolen Helmet

Best Answer scwont , 04 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

med_SWC23_171-2.jpgmed_SWC35_251-4.jpg

Does this combo work? I've been playing it as if it did, but I'm not completely sure on this one. I guess the question is whether the card is considered to be "in hand" at all times.

Secondary question: if an opponent reveals Arden Lynn could they play her for free?

I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work, and likewise yes Arden could be put into play if discarded from Gamblo (not played mind you, best to keep these distinctions clear in the rules forum ;)). As far as I can tell from the rules/FAQ, the only thing that changes about a card when you reveal it is it's hidden/unhidden state. It's still in the same place (in this case, a player's hand).

From the FAQ:

(4.16) “Reveal”
To “reveal” a card, that card must go from a hidden
state to an unhidden state by a card or game effect
that uses the term “reveal.”
Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1807 posts

Does this combo work? I've been playing it as if it did, but I'm not completely sure on this one. I guess the question is whether the card is considered to be "in hand" at all times.

Secondary question: if an opponent reveals Arden Lynn could they play her for free?

• LesterBywox likes this

scwont

scwont

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
✓  Best Answer

I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work, and likewise yes Arden could be put into play if discarded from Gamblo (not played mind you, best to keep these distinctions clear in the rules forum ;)). As far as I can tell from the rules/FAQ, the only thing that changes about a card when you reveal it is it's hidden/unhidden state. It's still in the same place (in this case, a player's hand).

From the FAQ:

(4.16) “Reveal”
To “reveal” a card, that card must go from a hidden
state to an unhidden state by a card or game effect
that uses the term “reveal.”

• kiramode likes this

Jarratt

Jarratt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3648 posts
Yes Gamblo and Ezra = good. Also Arden vs Spark = good.

theChony

theChony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Are we sure this would work? I love the thematic idea of alt art undercover spy Gamblo having a stolen helmet with good cause, but I didn't see Gamblo's action as discarding a card from hand, directly. 

Hopelessly working on a mill deck, I initially came here for Gamblo and Chopper, but the text is the same. 

My reasoning for this not working is Gamblo is like a mini edge battle. Does anyone have a convincing argument why these combos work with Gamblo but not an edge battle?

theChony

theChony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Rereading the thread, maybe the rules say edge cards go on the table? Is that the difference here?

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3717 posts
Lando: you choose and reveal a card from your hand. The card is not removed from your hand until the end of the effect when it is discarded.

Edge battles: cards are placed from your hand to an edge stack. The edge stack is a different location than your hand and cards are being discarded from the edge stack and not your hand.