Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trying to build an Echoes-era Dark Side Force Struggle deck. Advice?

- - - - - Sith Imperial Navy Deck Building Dark Side Force Struggle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MarioFanaticXV

MarioFanaticXV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

My collection is 2x Core, 2x EoD, BotF, Hoth Cycle, and Echoes of the Force cycle. It's in the mail at the moment, but a friend of mine are planning on playing a bit over TTS, and I asked if he'd be willing for us to be limited to what I'll actually have- this limits the card pool a bit so we don't have to worry about 4 almost-complete cycles, and gives the advantage of letting me actually recreate the deck in real life if I like it. Mind you, I've only played one game against a real opponent so far, and that was using the Jedi and Sith starter decks from the Core, so I'm still very new to all of this, but I do have experience with other games of its ilk.

Originally I wanted to do it as a Dark Forces theme- Jerec, Sariss, both Darktrooper sets... But unfortunately, there was no reliable way to get all four of those in a deck that worked reliably since two are Sith-only, meaning it'd be a Sith-heavy deck and I'd want Imperial Navy affiliation for the stray Darktrooper set. I couldn't find any other Imperial sets that really contributed to the idea, so I tried dropping the Sith exclusive decks, and the Hoth Speeder deck I used to test it against just completely steamrolled it- sure, the dark side had a monopoly on balance, but it really didn't have anything else it could do. Here's what I used for the failing deck:

Imperial Navy Affiliation

2x 25 - Shadows of Dathomir

2x 87 - The Ghosts of the Dark Side

2x 101 - The Darktrooper Project

2x 104 - Agent of the Emperor

2x 110 - The Plan of the Prophetess

My first instinct is to drop 101 and just go pure Sith, replacing it with 114 - The Second Phase- it seems the Dark Trooper Legions would pack the punch my deck is currently lacking. I'm also wondering if it's worth it to switch something out for the aforementioned Jerec set, 100 - Scouring the Empire; 25 and 87 both seem situationally useful, but so does it.

Questions, comments, or opposing points of view?

EDIT: On second thought, I'm pretty sure I want to keep 25 in there; Hand's Blessing and Disturbance in the Force both seem great for this theme.

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1836 posts

If you want to go pure force struggle I would recommend playing 

Sith

2x Core Vader, Core Palpatine, Counsel of the Sith, Sariss, Jerec

Lot's of good force holders and lots of resources to play them.

• MarioFanaticXV likes this

Arkard

Arkard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

It's not really a Dark Forces themed deck, but if you want to play The Second Phase, my favourite set to play along with is the Executor. The troopers are excellent targets for the holocron.

I think the best force struggle / manipulation decks are in Sith / Scum combos (especially with all the latest expansions). A fun deck you could try is play scum affiliation and then play a combination of The Droid’s Task and The Findsman's Intuition. Springing the Ambush is a great event to play. The problem is that you have to go sith to use Jerec, so it's a bit of a deck building challenge to find the correct balance. Definitely play Sariss, the objective is really good and the resource is excellent.

If this is a deck type you like (it's one of my favourites on the DS for sure), there is a really fun set to add it in the Galactic Ambitions deluxe box: http://www.cardgamed...alpatine-r1564

• MarioFanaticXV likes this

DavFlamerock

DavFlamerock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

If you want a "all my units are committed to the Force and will still win" deck, try this:

Sith Affliiation

2x Jerec

2x Mara Jade

2x Dark Trooper Project

2x Reinforcements!

1x Motti

1x Sariss

• Arkard and MarioFanaticXV like this

pantsyg

pantsyg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
Man I love Reinforcements! Super awesome with Bane Malar if you're not beholden to Sith.

Slightly related, would a hypothetical enhancement that basically acted as a commit card ("Enhanced unit is considered committed to the Force") be worth running?

tsgstarwars

tsgstarwars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Man I love Reinforcements! Super awesome with Bane Malar if you're not beholden to Sith.

Slightly related, would a hypothetical enhancement that basically acted as a commit card ("Enhanced unit is considered committed to the Force") be worth running?

Can I steal that as an custom card to put in one of my sets?  :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sith, Imperial Navy, Deck Building, Dark Side, Force Struggle