Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Korporal Snagbrat deck Thread

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

coldeva

coldeva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Seems there are no thread for Korporal Snagbrat.
This guy can do some very interesting with his ability, as deploy delay, card mobility, and Sneaky Lootin' combo with Warpstorm can deal huge damage to your enemy, looks very Kommando type :P

Korporal Snagbrat

Army (23)
2x Blitza-Bommer (Jungles of Nectavus)
2x Blood Axe Strategist (Searching for Truth)
2x Kommando Sneakaz (Jungles of Nectavus)
1x Patient Infiltrator (Enemy Territory)
2x Rogue Trader (Core Set)
2x Sathariel the Invokator (Jungles of Nectavus)
4x Snagbrat's Scouts (Enemy Territory)
2x Squiggoth Brute (Slash and Burn)
3x Venomous Fiend (Legions of Death)
3x Void Pirate (Core Set)
Attachment (2)
1x Improvised Minefield (Enemy Territory)
1x Soot-Blackened Axe (Enemy Territory)
Event (18)
3x Backlash (Legions of Death)
1x Brutal Cunning (Slash and Burn)
1x Counterblow (Breaching the Veil)
2x Kommando Cunning (Enemy Territory)
2x Ominous Wind (Searching for Truth)
2x Rok Bombardment (Boundless Hate)
2x Sneaky Lootin' (Enemy Territory)
2x Squig Bombin (Core Set)
3x Warpstorm (Core Set)
Support (7)
1x Corrupted Teleportarium (What Lurks Below)
1x Fake Ooman Base (Enemy Territory)
3x STC Fragment (Legions of Death)
2x Tellyporta Pad (Core Set)

Created with: www.conquestdb.com

use Invokator to return your warpstorm, and your ork soldier lootin' resources, you will have chance to unleash 2 or more warpstorm with a battle. of cause, before you ds your unit, they are immune to warpstorm :lol:

WarfStyxfury

WarfStyxfury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

So I guess the best way is let the Invokato join a war in front, and sweep all the planets behind?

Emmm, very Chaos. 

Drazzt999

Drazzt999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Huhu!

Your deck seems quite interesting! May I suggest something:

Sootblade Assashun.

This dude is terrific with Kommando Cunning

The two cards are going together so well.
It's like a smooth Klaivex. Wait until the perfect combat turn (when your target is exhausted), Deep Strike the Assashun, have your opponent deal himself 2 indirect damage, then attack for 3 with the Assashun.

(And it seems to go well with your hidden tactics for Warpstorm because you Deep Strike him when you want.)

MiserableToad

MiserableToad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I'd err towards more patient infiltrators, it feels weird to see only one. The flexibility with the warlords ability is potent for the minimal investment.

coldeva

coldeva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
in the beginning i construct this deck, 2 assashun and 3 infiltrator was included. but during the test, i found they are a bit not strong enough to fight with enemy's big guys, like dreadnought or brute in opposite.
for assashun, my Kommando Cunning have all put into Invokator, and make me really advantage in battle, so the little short knife assassin gradually quit this deck. of cause, this combo is very powerful, maybe later in Korporal Ork-AM deck.
and for infiltrator, all reserved cards in battle are big treat to your opponent, but remenber you are not Vezurl, you are poor in command, you dont have much resource in battle, and they are offen ordered by warpstorm, 1 is enough.

• Drazzt999 likes this

Drazzt999

Drazzt999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Oh! You target Sathariel with Kommando Cunning!

True, it's not limited to ork units. Nasty!! :)

Austine

Austine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Hellooooo!
Here is my Snagbrat's deck. A lot to say about it.
- Kwik' Konstruckshun is so sweet! My Mork's Great Heap and Tellyporta Pad are just here to go with it. Not only it creates a surprise, but it also reduces your hand for Ammo Depot. Of course, the MVP is 'idden base. You DS nothing, your opponent feels safe, and BIM!
- Sneaky Lootin'. At first I played the card for resources. But this event is a gem. Two things, first you can deal with this hard decision, should I swing or retreat with my warlord? When the fight looks easy but you fear a trap, just hit, get cash and retreat! But it also saves some green asses in the classic situation of "I'm trapped, alone on a planet with no chance to win". Usually you just attack something, to hurt your opponent before he kills you. Well no more! Hit & Run, the true feeling.
- Fake Ooman Base. Alone it's OK. But if you are lucky enough to get your Sneaky Lootin', it creates a sort of "I Will Not Die" effect and soon enough you have a small force ready to fight with your warlord. A real threat for your opponent when you drop the train on P2 for next turn while threating P1 with your sneaky cards.

And for the record: On OCTGN, I bloodied a Ragnar in an epic duel.
Face-off of warlords with a single reserve card on each side.
1/ Kwic' Konstr to 'idden base
2/ Hit for 2 with the reserve card
3/ Reveal a Patient Infiltrator, ready and hit for 3. Countered by Deathwing Interceders.
4/ Kommando Sneakaz, ready Patient and hit for 2.
5/ Hit for 3 with the Patient again.
Total: 10 Hit! (7 on Ragnar, 3 on the Interceders) Waaaagh! (but sneaky)

The list
My only concern here is that I have 51 cards. I want to go down to 50 but I have no clue what to remove. ^^

Army (28)
2xBlood Axe Strategist
1xBoss Zugnog
1xCatachan Devils Patrol
2xElysian Assault Team
1xGorgul da Slaya
3xKommando Sneakaz
3xPatient Infiltrator
3xScion Strike Force
4xSnagbrat's Scouts
3xSnakebite Thug
3xSootblade Assashun
2xStandard Bearer

Attachment (1)
1xSoot-Blackened Axe

Event (11)
2xKommando Cunning
2xKwik’ Konstruckshun
3xSneaky Lootin'
2xSquig Bombin
1xSquiggify
1xSuppressive Fire

Support (11)
2x‘idden Base
3xAmmo Depot
1xClearcut Refuge
1xFake Ooman Base
2xMork's Great Heap
2xTellyporta Pad

Eu8L1ch

Eu8L1ch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

With the Apoka league beginning this week I wanted to test a few decks I haven't had any experience with. I managed to get a few games in with Da Korporal, expecting many to play him in the league, and I really enjoyed it.

His ability is very powerful (with a "free" stall in deploy to boot) but balanced by the fact your opponent can commit their warlord tactically - which means putting pressure on your opponent's Warlord might be key to Snagbrat's success.

I know many people run him with Chaos, but I wanted to try him with AM. Here's my deck:

Warlord
1x Korporal Snagbrat

Armies (34)
4x Snagbrat's Scouts
3x Patient Infiltrator
3x Snakebite Thug
3x Skrap Nabba
3x Blood Axe Strategist
3x Sootblade Assashun
3x Standard Bearer
3x Catachan Devils Patrol
3x Scion Strike Force
3x Rogue Trader
3x Void Pirate
2x The Duke of Debris

Attachments (1)
1x Soot-Blackened Axe

Events (14)
2x Kommando Kunning
3x Snotling Attack
3x Sneaky Lootin'
1x Squig Bombin'
3x Brutal Cunning

Supports (1)
1x Fake Ooman Base

I run a lot of units and no 2-shielders since I still have to get a good sense of what the deck is aiming to do, so for now I want to be 100% sure I can deepstrike enough stuff and contest command.

That being said, six of those units are actually very powerful combat tricks (Standard Bearers/ Catachan Patrol).

Command should be mostly ok, especially for the current meta: Pirates/Traders are there to punish no-command Elite decks - so I chose to cut Squig Bombin' down to a single copy (since it's mostly anti-elite tech) - whereas the Duke of Debris should help against Palace-induced card choke.

I haven't played enough games to tell exactly what this decks needs right now, however I'm sure that I'll put the Kamouflage Expert from pack 5 in as soon as it's on OCTGN, probably removing 1-2 copies of the Assashun.

@Austine

Not a big fan of Gorgul da Slaya, so if you're looking for a single card to cut, that might be him. A bit too pricey for what he does IMO.

Austine

Austine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

"your opponent can commit their warlord tactically"

Yes, this is very interesting. The best commit is planet 2, to "cut" the retreat of P1 reserve cards and force Snagbrat to reveal or discard what he has on p1. ^^

"Not a big fan of Gorgul da Slaya, so if you're looking for a single card to cut, that might be him."

:'( Poor Gorgul. I thought it would be great to have a powerful Soldier but I guess you're right.

One question:

Why the x3 Skrap Nabba along with x3 Sneaky Lootin' and x3 Rogue trader? Does the deck really needs that much money?

• Eu8L1ch likes this

Eu8L1ch

Eu8L1ch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

One question:

Why the x3 Skrap Nabba along with x3 Sneaky Lootin' and x3 Rogue trader? Does the deck really needs that much money?

In general, the deck has plenty of expensive combat tricks so I usually use all the money I can get my hands on. That being said, I've found that I could really benefit from more shields whereas I can end up drawing too much command, so I might cut the Traders.

Anyway, Sneaky Lootin' is not completely reliable since your opponent can prevent it by shielding, so I've found it's not enough if you're in dire need of resources - I like having a backup plan for those cases.

GuessWePlay5Rings

GuessWePlay5Rings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Apoka flames of war tournament deck - 1st place!

Hello ! I wanted to quickly present the Snagbrat deck I played to a 6-0 record in the flames of war tournament.

Here it is :

CHAOS SNAGBRAT

Warlord : 
Korporal SnagBrat

Core Economy:
3x STC Fragment
3x Promise of Glory
3x Splintered Path Acolyte
3x Sneaky Lootin'
3x Ominous Wind
2x Kommando Kunnin' (flips sathariel. Otherwise, hold it to do that later or throw it away as a shield / to ominous wind)

17 Cards

Elites:
3x Possessed
3x Venomous Fiend
3x Sathariel the Invokator
2x Squiggoth Brute
2x Soul grinder*

13 Cards

Supporting Cast:
3x Corrupted Teleportarium
3x Backlash
2x Warpstorm
3x Squiggify*
1x Imperial Blockade*

12 Cards

Cards You Can't Cut (signature):
1x Fake Ooman Base
1x Soot-Blackened Axe
4x Snagbrat's Scouts

6 Cards

Cards You Can Cut:
1x Ecstatic Seizures (Pet card of mine. Returns to hand with Sathariel so it can act as a shield too)
1x Imperial Blockade (Really didn't know what else to play)

2 Cards

Total : 50 cards (note, there are 2 imperial blockades. I would consider cutting the second one much before the first)

I like the deck because I feel like it has one of the most consistent economies in the game, based on the elite decks I've played.

Remarks on the list:
-Cards with a star after them could have their numbers cut. However, I like them as they are and would cut cards from the 'cards to cut' section first.
-The deck can do well late but also early. It is not the best deck at either end though, so play to your opponent's weaknesses.
-Squiggoth Brute is an amazing card but is hard to reduce the cost of. If you're expecting lots of elites / few decks that choke, consider upping the number (riskier with newer planets).

If you have any questions feel free to let me know!

• TeamApoka likes this