Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

When will Spirit of Rebellion cards be available in deckbuilder?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

xernon

xernon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi!

First of all thank you for your great work on the deckbuilder, it is the best application out there. Since there is a full spoiler from SOR, I have to ask that will SOR cards be added to it soon?

Thank you in advance!

Austine

Austine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

So? No one knows? ^^ I'd like to know too.

DJstormtrooper

DJstormtrooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Seconded.

Abyssalfury

Abyssalfury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Since the site is owned by FFG, I don't think the fact there is a spoiler will influence when they are added. Since we have an actual release date for once, I wouldn't expect them to be added much before that.

Austine

Austine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Since the site is owned by FFG, I don't think the fact there is a spoiler will influence when they are added. Since we have an actual release date for once, I wouldn't expect them to be added much before that.

That... makes sense. :)

So, we'll have to wait.

Abyssalfury

Abyssalfury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Well, looks like they decided to release things earlier than I thought (I guess due to being two weeks to release?) The set is up.

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

Despite the distribution issues killing this game for me, I admit I was curious and took a look.

MAN, there are some seriously subpar cards in this set. Too much stuff under the opponent's control, too many slow tempo cards, too many cards that lack clarity of direction... I'd definitely say this is a broadly weaker set than Awakening.

On the other hand... there are some nice strategies that suggest specific decks. A deliberately slow support heavy deck could abuse Emergency Evaluation, could neglect shields and choose Ewok Village as a harmless battlefield, for example. Unkar Platt could be an amazing Crime Lord.

Very interesting. Not enough to get me back into spending money on the game, and probably too much weakness overall, but an interesteing read at least.

Tacullu64

Tacullu64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Despite the distribution issues killing this game for me, I admit I was curious and took a look.

MAN, there are some seriously subpar cards in this set. Too much stuff under the opponent's control, too many slow tempo cards, too many cards that lack clarity of direction... I'd definitely say this is a broadly weaker set than Awakening.

On the other hand... there are some nice strategies that suggest specific decks. A deliberately slow support heavy deck could abuse Emergency Evaluation, could neglect shields and choose Ewok Village as a harmless battlefield, for example. Unkar Platt could be an amazing Crime Lord.

Very interesting. Not enough to get me back into spending money on the game, and probably too much weakness overall, but an interesteing read at least.

I think if you take a closer look you'll see you're way off on the set being weak. It is actually very strong. Also, in my opinion, very interesting.

I can't remember what you said you were playing but I bet we could find some cards in SoR to improve it.

Abyssalfury

Abyssalfury

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

I'd agree that there are some sub par cards, and *clearly* sub par cards. There are quite a few cards that I look at and ask 'Why would I ever play this?

I also think there are a lot more cards that are very narrow - they will be good, or even great, in one deck or with a particular character, but are otherwise terrible. Personally, I don't hate that design as it shines a light on some parts of the game that weren't really covered in Awakenings, and I think that's a good thing. But I can understand many of those cards looking bad at first glance.

However I definitely think the power cards of the set will make up for it; personally I'm concerned how the SoR meta will turn out as it looks like it'll be very fast and very aggro, with a lot of deck types not being able to survive.

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 5433 posts

Totally agree. Despite not being the best deck (IMHO) Palpatine will be the pacesetter, in that anything that can't survive a Palpatine deck can't survive full stop.

Despite the new discard and control options, I think it's still all about rushing out damage as fast as you can, while using dice removal to stop your opponent doing the same.

Indeed, the number of cards that tempt players to "spot X total value to do cool thing" makes dice removal even better than before.

Austine

Austine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Despite the new discard and control options, I think it's still all about rushing out damage as fast as you can, while using dice removal to stop your opponent doing the same.

That's my fear about the meta (and the game at large). :/ Will we find a change in this...