Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Yoda's Hut Videos from Gamer's Armory Tourney - 5/6/17 Spirit of Rebellion Legal!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Last weekend I went out to Gamer's Armory in Cary, NC for a Destiny tourney held in support of the release of Spirit of Rebellion.  We had 14 players and played 4 rounds of swiss with no cut.  After the tourney, the store owner was kind enough to give everyone the promos and a Spirit of Rebellion pack just for participating which was really cool.  I ended up pulling an Aurra Sing as the rare in the pack which was great since I had only gotten 1 out of the 3 boxes I purchased the SoR released two days prior.

I knew I wanted to use some new cards and characters just to try them out.  After spending most of Friday evening just figuring out what the heck I had pulled in my 3 boxes, I decided to try out a team with the new Darth Vader and FN-2199 at about 11 PM the night before.  I grabbed some cards and just put them together.  Right before the tourney, I made one slight switch and forgot to write down which card I took out in place of it, but to the best of my recollection here was my exact list.

Character: (30/30)
2x Darth Vader (Spirit of Rebellion)
2x FN-2199 (Spirit of Rebellion)

Battlefield:
1x Mos Eisley Spaceport (Awakenings)

Event: (15)
1x Isolation (Awakenings)
2x Lightsaber Throw (Spirit of Rebellion)
2x Imperial War Machine (Spirit of Rebellion)
1x Tactical Mastery (Awakenings)
2x We Have Them Now (Spirit of Rebellion)
2x Dug In (Awakenings)
2x Deflect (Awakenings)
1x Use the Force (Awakenings)
1x Block (Awakenings)

1x Rejuvenate (Spirit of Rebellion)

Upgrade: (15)
1x DT-29 Heavy Blaster Pistol (Spirit of Rebellion)
2x F-11D Rifle (Awakenings)
2x Lightsaber Pike (Spirit of Rebellion)
2x DH-17 Blaster Pistol (Awakenings)
1x Force Speed (Spirit of Rebellion)
2x Holdout Blaster (Awakenings)
2x Lightsaber (Awakenings)
2x Vibroknife (Spirit of Rebellion)
1x Rocket Launcher (Spirit of Rebellion)

Since I just threw the deck together at the last minute without really studying the cards that much, I was just hoping to win at least one game at the tourney.  My goal was to have fun and try things out.  I realized pretty quickly the deck needed help generating resources, but I figured I'd have to make due with what I had.

The store was nice enough to let me set up a camera to record my games even though it took up an extra table to do so.   Yoda's Hut now presents my Round 1 game vs. Justin G.  He was playing an elite Han/elite Rey deck that had a couple SoR cards from what I can tell.  I didn't get his decklist unfortunately.

Queklaine, my regular Yoda's Hut partner, joined me for commentary as usual.   Enjoy the game.

Thanks for watching Yoda's Hut.  The support is appreciated.  Comments and suggestions are always welcome.  More videos from my games at the tourney will be coming soon.

• GreedoShotFirst likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

New episode of Yoda's Hut is now up with my Round 2 game from the Destiny tourney held at Gamer's Armory in Cary, NC on 5/6/17 where SoR cards were legal.  Queklaine joined me again for commentary.

In this game I played me elite Baby Vader/elite FN-2199 deck against Cole who was playing an elite Grevious/Dooku deck.  I accidentally forgot to turn the camera on at the very start of the game so the action picks up a little ways in.

Also, sorry in advance that the camera was at angle that it didn't completely pick up some of the field of play. Cole sometimes put damage and shield tokens next to his Grevious so we couldn't pick up what was there at times. 

Thanks as always for watching Yoda's Hut.  The support is always appreciated and comments/suggestions are welcome.  More videos from the tourney are on the way soon.

• GreedoShotFirst likes this

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts

6 days and no love. tsk tsk. 

You're the best Yodaman.

• yodaman likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

I noticed the Destiny forums on cardgamedb don't seem to have much traffic.  Most of the discussion seems to take place on FFG's forums or the FB pages which can sometimes be, how do I put it, not quite as friendly as cardgamedb seems to be. 

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2210 posts
I've been wondering where you were. My heart hurts...

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

I've been wondering where you were. My heart hurts...

Still playing LCG too, so we'll be back soon enough.  Queklaine and I just haven't been able to do much commentary the past month or so because of a multitude of reasons.  I've got a few LCG videos we played using suggested decks  just waiting for commentary once things settle down and we can coordinate things.  I figured the Destiny games were much shorter and also from a tourney so we knocked them out first. 

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

New episode of Yoda's Hut is now up with my Round 3 game from the Destiny tourney held at Gamer's Armory in Cary, NC on 5/6/17 where SoR cards were legal.  Queklaine joined me again for commentary.

In this game I played me elite Baby Vader/elite FN-2199 deck against Nick who was playing an elite IG-88/Death Trooper deck.  Lots of damage was exchanged in this one!

Thanks as always for watching Yoda's Hut.  The support is appreciated.  More videos are on the way soon.

• doctormungmung likes this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

New episode Yoda's Hut featuring my final round game from the Destiny tourney held at Gamer's Armory in Cary, NC on 5/6/17 where SoR was first legal.  Queklaine joined me for commentary as usual.

In this game I took on Stephen S. who actually drove further to get to the tourney than I did! (He came from almost 2 hours away and I'm about an hour from the store).  I was playing my elite Baby Vader/Elite FN-2199 deck.  Stephen had an Elite Phasma/Elite Dooku deck.  Enjoy the video.

Thanks as always for watching Yoda's Hut.  The support is appreciated. 

Henryrip

Henryrip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sivmaster is Mick Burns , not the guy youre after . Im in Dapto too,  Is it Steve from Brownsville Dapto youre looking for ?