Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2017 Store Championship results

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2209 posts

Board control, card advantage and tempo.

Which is hard to get and keep if you can't win edge.
  • KvotheBCN likes this

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Which is hard to get and keep if you can't win edge.

You can be able to win an edge and still don't play to win an edge.

stevecat

stevecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Maybe instead of trying to win edge we should be building decks that can bypass the edge battle or are more robust to losing edge (shielding, etc)

• sdrewthomson likes this

CobraBubbles

CobraBubbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

I won a 4 person SC this past Sunday with these lists:

Light Side:
Smugglers & Spies - Mercenary Contracts
2 Asteroid Sanctuary
2 Pushing back the Empire 
2 Haunting the Empire
2 Planning the Rescue
2 Feigning Captivity 
2 Spirit of Rebellion

Dark Side:
Scum & Villainy - Imperial Contractors 
2 The Hunter's Flight
2 Masterful Manipulation 
2 The Best that Credits can Buy
2 Defending the Trench
2 The Empire's Elite
1 Defense Protocol 
1 Cloud Cover

LS beat Navy Troopers and the Turn 2 Palp deck, and lost (narrowly) to Scum fortress with Corrupt Officials. DS beat Guardians of Justice characters, goodstuff Jedi and S&S Wookies.

#Virago4Lyfe

• yodaman, kiramode, Lertush and 2 others like this

MacRauri

MacRauri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Virago...  now there's a seldom played pod!

normanh

normanh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Brief report from the 7/29 store championship at Dogs of War Gaming, Palm City, FL.

4 participants including Nuhring, myself, and two newer players! I taught one of them at the recent learn to play event about which I wrote a big post, and she had taught her boyfriend to play as well. 

Nate and I both had some excellent LS, but our DS decks left something to be desired. We played each other in round 1 and split, then subsequently played the other 2 participants, and both of us swept them each time. Thus, we had the exact same strength of schedule, and so we flipped for a final game and Nuhring played LS. He of course steamrolled and thereby got the plaque and regional bye. 

My LS: Fighters for Freedom (Rebel-Jedi extra refresh)

2x Solidarity

2x Legend Begins

1x Commando Raid (Judder Page)

2x Echoes Yoda

2x BTS Luke

1x Secret of Shantipole (Blue Nine)

My DS: Galactic Enforcers (Sith-Navy 7-card reserve)

2x Dark Defenders

2x Black Squadron Formation

2x Emperor's Shadow

2x Empire's Elite

2x Guarding the Wing

1x Defending the Trench

1x Cloud Cover

Overall, the LS was pretty absurd and between starting off with Home One and removing dudes from fights you could easily see victory on turn 3. The DS, though... didn't perform well against Nate's Dash-Skyhopper deck. It just has too many ways of screwing with TIEs. Nate's DS was a Scum-Navy 7-card reserve ships deck with Pilot Fett, Xizor, Baron Fel, etc. It just couldn't quite match the hyper-aggressive Rebel-Jedi silliness.

I'm really glad that we were able to pull a few newer players to the tournament, that was great to see. They went home with playmats and alt-arts and were very happy to have the chance to play some serious games.

• yodaman, Thaliak, sdrewthomson and 1 other like this

Decar

Decar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

We had a Store Championship in Bad Neuenahr, Germany, last Sunday (30. July) with a good turnout of 8 players attending, three rounds and a all-around great time.

It was abit akward with the new FAQ and its restrictions not yet active and Allies of Nesscescity still not allowed for play because the german cards weren't available. But on the other hand, this made me probaly the last player in the world losing with May The Spark Be With You against the Technological Terror of Gladiator Star Destroyers in an official tournament.

I made 2th place and my Dark Side Deck (Mission-Palp-Boc-Tarkin) went undefeated. I didn't play the top guy and don't know was his decks were.

• yodaman, AegonTargaryen and Arkard like this

katurian

katurian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I won the store championship today in Boonton New Jersey. 

we have 6 people all ran some really great crazy decks. Xavier was 2nd and the only one who beat my light side with his force hunter deck. Colby was third and also ran a really crazy good revamp of his world's 2016 deck. 

I ran:

Guardians of Freedom

(Jedi Rebel 7 reserve)

2x Flight of the Crow

2x Hero's Trial

2x Hero's Beginning

2x Strike Team Assemble 

2x Shield Generator Assault

2x Pushing back the Empire

This deck is nuts on edge and has 6 targets plus two endor enhancements for battle of endor and the spec force. I've been playing this deck on OCTGN for a while and swapped out 1x Page and 1x New leia for today which I think was good call because you'll never see stuff from a 1 of in a 60 card deck. Overall this deck did really well and only lost out to Xavier's force hunters. Very explosive and Pushing back combined with the jedi double money and the non limited endor money can be huge ramp.

Galatic Enforcers 

(Sith Navy 7 reserve) 

2x Emperor's Elite

2x Guarding the Wing

1x Defending the Trench

1x Defense Protocol 

2x Dark Defenders

1x Council of the Sith 

1x Emperor's Shadow 

DS and backstabber were both mega all stars single handedly stopping me from losing two out of my three games with their reactions. Ties with 7 cards and all that money from guarding the wing can really explode. They also have all the tricks. I did get locked out of navy money on my first game but overcame it pretty easily. A very tricky deck thats hard to play against and went undefeated on the day. 

All and all a great day Im really excited for the new deck building meta and the new people who are turning out to try it. 

• yodaman, normanh, Thaliak and 2 others like this

yodaman

yodaman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2741 posts

Congrats on your win, Katurian.  Well deserved!

• katurian and MaxRebo like this

normanh

normanh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

I won the store championship today in Boonton New Jersey. 

we have 6 people all ran some really great crazy decks. Xavier was 2nd and the only one who beat my light side with his force hunter deck. Colby was third and also ran a really crazy good revamp of his world's 2016 deck. 

I ran:

Guardians of Freedom

(Jedi Rebel 7 reserve)

2x Flight of the Crow

2x Hero's Trial

2x Hero's Journey 

2x Strike Team Assemble 

2x Shield Generator Assault

2x Pushing back the Empire

This deck is nuts on edge and has 6 targets plus two endor enhancements for battle of endor and the spec force. I've been playing this deck on OCTGN for a while and swapped out 1x Page and 1x New leia for today which I think was good call because you'll never see stuff from a 1 of in a 60 card deck. Overall this deck did really well and only lost out to Xavier's force hunters. Very explosive and Pushing back combined with the jedi double money and the non limited endor money can be huge ramp.

Galatic Enforcers 

(Sith Navy 7 reserve) 

2x Emperor's Elite

2x Guarding the Wing

1x Defending the Trench

1x Defense Protocol 

2x Dark Defenders

1x Council of the Sith 

1x Emperor's Shadow 

DS and backstabber were both mega all stars single handedly stopping me from losing two out of my three games with their reactions. Ties with 7 cards and all that money from guarding the wing can really explode. They also have all the tricks. I did get locked out of navy money on my first game but overcame it pretty easily. A very tricky deck thats hard to play against and went undefeated on the day. 

All and all a great day Im really excited for the new deck building meta and the new people who are turning out to try it. 

Well done. I guess we took each other's advice after our OCTGN games -- you added Counsel of the Sith, I went to 2x Emperor's Shadow. In hindsight, I believe your version running Defense Protocol instead of my Cloud Cover or a second Defending the Trench idea is best. 

I'm curious as to your motivation for running with 4x Lukes instead of a 2x Yoda. How did you come to that decision?

katurian

katurian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Well done. I guess we took each other's advice after our OCTGN games -- you added Counsel of the Sith, I went to 2x Emperor's Shadow. In hindsight, I believe your version running Defense Protocol instead of my Cloud Cover or a second Defending the Trench idea is best. 

I'm curious as to your motivation for running with 4x Lukes instead of a 2x Yoda. How did you come to that decision?

Ha holy  crap so many hero's something something in this game. That should have said Hero's Beginning. Which I included for obvious shenanigans and owen unlocking a first turn luke lightsaber combo is huge. plus all the edge. 

But specifically why yoda, a lot of us in NYC are not huge fans of MTFBWY and in this deck especially it's just too slow. I'm very rarely taking the force unless I'm specifically about to blow up My Ally is the Force. I usually just want to out race and out bomb the darkside before they can really get set up. Han is in there to defend if I really have to but the simple answer is Hero's Beginning unlocks Unfinished Crow, comes with two bombs, comes with owen money, and sometimes a 2x fired supporting fire off the endor obj can be a real shock. Yoda's pod gives me 5 pips sure but I almost always get at least 5 on demand under the obj plus it has the added benefit of milling my deck down 3 to 6 cards which a 60 card deck needs to do. I'm also a big fan of drawing a card in the action window of my force phase from the Vap. Yoda's pod just has the one bomb and its not enough. I've got han with a black tactics if I really needed it and two guns plus he can double strike sometimes on D if they really over play their hand. I'm often not concerned really with slowing the game down so the nudj does nothing for me but I guess give me an allies target and the event doesn't do much for me either since that 1 tick can sometimes lose you the game. In short I'm fine with just committing han and letting him hold the line without attacking since I think all the things Hero's beginning brings the deck way outmatch what Yoda would. 

• normanh likes this

normanh

normanh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Ha holy  crap so many hero's something something in this game. That should have said Hero's Beginning. Which I included for obvious shenanigans and owen unlocking a first turn luke lightsaber combo is huge. plus all the edge. 

But specifically why yoda, a lot of us in NYC are not huge fans of MTFBWY and in this deck especially it's just too slow. I'm very rarely taking the force unless I'm specifically about to blow up My Ally is the Force. I usually just want to out race and out bomb the darkside before they can really get set up. Han is in there to defend if I really have to but the simple answer is Hero's Beginning unlocks Unfinished Crow, comes with two bombs, comes with owen money, and sometimes a 2x fired supporting fire off the endor obj can be a real shock. Yoda's pod gives me 5 pips sure but I almost always get at least 5 on demand under the obj plus it has the added benefit of milling my deck down 3 to 6 cards which a 60 card deck needs to do. I'm also a big fan of drawing a card in the action window of my force phase from the Vap. Yoda's pod just has the one bomb and its not enough. I've got han with a black tactics if I really needed it and two guns plus he can double strike sometimes on D if they really over play their hand. I'm often not concerned really with slowing the game down so the nudj does nothing for me but I guess give me an allies target and the event doesn't do much for me either since that 1 tick can sometimes lose you the game. In short I'm fine with just committing han and letting him hold the line without attacking since I think all the things Hero's beginning brings the deck way outmatch what Yoda would. 

Aha, that explains it. I wondered after posting if it was Hero's Beginning + Hero's Trial because shenanigans. Regarding that instead of Yoda -- makes sense. Gotta go with the gas. Speeder synergizes with Endor Han as well -- easier to blow up the mission, etc. Solid choice.

Bagrath

Bagrath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

We had a Store Championship in Bad Neuenahr, Germany, last Sunday (30. July) with a good turnout of 8 players attending, three rounds and a all-around great time.

It was abit akward with the new FAQ and its restrictions not yet active and Allies of Nesscescity still not allowed for play because the german cards weren't available. But on the other hand, this made me probaly the last player in the world losing with May The Spark Be With You against the Technological Terror of Gladiator Star Destroyers in an official tournament.

I made 2th place and my Dark Side Deck (Mission-Palp-Boc-Tarkin) went undefeated. I didn't play the top guy and don't know was his decks were.

I won that SC with Alexanders EC DS List and Pawels EC LS List.

Smuggler - x2 Core Han, 2x Skyhopper, 2x Falcon, 2x MTFBW, 1x Gamor, 1x Freeholder

Navy - 2x The Emperor's Web 2x The Executor Arrives 2x The Emperor's Shadow 2x Technolocial Terror 1x Entrenched Defense 1x The Killing Cold

Won 3 Games with DS and 2 with LS, whereas both my Frist Round games were so lucky, I shouldn`t have won them.

On DS Choke, Lightning and Agression to clear Nudj, Yoda and Han Round 2 or 3.

On LS I had one Nudj and my opponent something like 7 units including 2 Gladiators etc.

Hey destroys one of my obejectives and I flip False Report and draw into 2 Freeholders, a Falcon and Cloud City Operative. One of his Objectives had 4 damage on it.....

• AegonTargaryen, KvotheBCN, Thaliak and 1 other like this

Standout8778

Standout8778

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I was fortunate enough to win our store championship at Big Easy Comics.

My light side list was...

Desperate Allies (S&S with Jedi)

2x Zeb
1x Lady Luck
1x Gamor
1x Renegade Squadron Mobilization
2x Spark
2x Core Luke
1x To Arms!

My dark side deck was...

Dark Masters (Navy with Sith)

2x Technological Terror
2x Core Tarkin
1x Entrenched Defense
2x Executor Arrives
2x Lure of the Lost
1x The Imperial Beuracracy

There were only four of us, but the day was great because of the variety of decks. On light side we had Jedi/Jyn, Spark, Jedi/Cassian, and Jyn/Cassian/Han. Dark side featured Death Star/Sith Executor, sith/navy black squadron fighters, scum/navy fighters, and a sith/navy with crazy draw potential from emp shadow, council of sith, and mouse droids. A lot of fun and creativity.
  • yodaman, sdrewthomson and punkeedo like this

punkeedo

punkeedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I was fortunate enough to win our store championship at Big Easy Comics.

My light side list was...

Desperate Allies (S&S with Jedi)

2x Zeb
1x Lady Luck
1x Gamor
1x Renegade Squadron Mobilization
2x Spark
2x Core Luke
1x To Arms!

Dark Masters (Navy with Sith)

2x Technological Terror
2x Core Tarkin
1x Entrenched Defense
2x Executor Arrives
2x Lure of the Lost
1x The Imperial Beuracracy

This Dark Side deck was really unexpected.  Absolutely thrashed me with it.

DarthCusm

DarthCusm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
We had 7 show up this weekend at DZ Comics in Moore, OK. I have the deck list of everyone and will post this week when I get some time.
  • yodaman and punkeedo like this

samuellinde

samuellinde

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

8 players in Varberg, Sweden yesterday. Tons of fun decks – I'd say at least half the decks ran the new affiliations. Will post the winning deck lists soon.

• yodaman, punkeedo, trangiusarien and 1 other like this

Bail

Bail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

8 players in Varberg, Sweden yesterday. Tons of fun decks – I'd say at least half the decks ran the new affiliations. Will post the winning deck lists soon.

Thanks for hosting a great event as always!

Been lurking the forums for a couple of years now, might as well make an appearance :)

So, finally got the top spot after being the runner-up twice in row. We usually play quite a lot of Star Wars Lcg in a group of 4 but havent had all that much time to play the last few weeks so I went into the competition without ever playing my lightside deck. Had 2 different LS decks sleeved:

2 Res Smuggler/Jedi: 2x Yoda, Millenium, Core Luke. 1x Jyn, Gamor, Balance Obi, Core Han

&

Katurians LS deck which I was really excited about playing.

...I caved last second and sleeved up:

"The Somewhat Obvious 12"

7 Reserve Jedi / Rebel

2x May the Force be with you (Yoda)

2x A Hero's Journey (Core Luke)

1x The Secret of Yavin 4 (Guardians)

1x Watchers in the Wasteland (Balance Obi)

2x Pushing back the Empire (Cassian)
2x Haunting the Empire (Hera)
1x Planning the Attack (Dodonna)
1x Commando Raid (Judder)

Went 2-1 during the day. Didnt bring the last pod that I wanted to switch, Obi -> Red Five, I felt the pod held me back a bit since I never grabbed force with more then 2 icons. Also, not having played Obi for probably more then half a year made me miss the triggers all the time :)

Clutch moves included: Solo attack with a Judder into Dengar/Snoova/Chud, I lost the edge but Heat on Dengar. He strikes with Snoova first(whops) to kill Judder, I Lightsaber Deflect onto Dengar and then proceed to kill the objective and Dengar before he could drop the tactics on my free Luke and Yoda with saber. Luke and Yoda could then kill an objective each and I grabbed the game a round before he unlocked all of his resources.

Luke turn 1 into 2x 1 gun chuds, lost edge with him having 2x Heat on Luke, Lightsabre Deflection onto "Mouse" droid and killing the second chud before he could attack. Luke alive with 1 health for 4 turns vs a deck with 4 Force Choke and 2 Force Lightning. 4 Rebel Saboteur, 2 Ghost and 1 C3PO helps, him not drawing it at all helps even more.

Dark Side

Nothing really fancy, decided early on that I wanted to the bring the same deck I've been playing on and off since The Emperors Promise was printed. This was the 538th iteration of the same deck using some new stuff and backed by enhancements:

"Dark Side Luke"

7 Reserve Sith/Navy

2x The Emperor's Shadow

2x Encounter on Stygeon Prime (Inquisitor)

2x The Emperors Promise (Attack Palp)

2x Enforced Loyalty (Yularen)

2x Pattern Analysis (Kallus)

1x Sector Lockdown

1x Imperial Command (Motti, pretty much only for resource matching. All the sith objectives are amazing on the flop)

3-0 with the deck. Nothing really stood out. Pretty much all games went:

Turn 1 Inquisitor or Mouse Droid and/or resource

Turn 2 2-3 Damage on each objective

Turn 3 Grab or destroy his side of the board with Kallus or Palpatine. ~Tick 8-10

Turn 4 Grin, wrap it up and win

I really enjoy playing this deck with all the card draw and small tricks you can pull. If he attacks, you can usually hit his objectives just as hard. If he doesnt attack you'll attack anyways and pull ahead.

Just a great feeling sneeking in a single attack with a 1 cost chud and grabbing a 4 cost main from your opponent.

Always nice playing some new people and testing your decks versus something new. Hopefully there will be more events to attend in the future!

• yodaman, normanh and Thaliak like this

Bail

Bail

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted a short summery of my deck and some of the games attending that regional in Varberg last weekend.

Giving it a second try, will edit in what I wrote again as soon as I get an approval from a moderator.

WookieeRoar

WookieeRoar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Store Championship in De Dobbelsteen in Tilburg (NL) today. 10 Participants, 4 matches.

I came in first with 21 (2nd and 3rd placed tied at 18).

Light Side went 4-0 with a classic Mono-Smuggler tweaked Sleuth deck:

2 x Raise the Stakes

2 x Accross the Anoat Sector

1 x Rendar's Wrath

2 x Against all Odds

2 x Impersonating a Deity

2 x Sowers of Dissension

The Sowers of Dissension didn't have that much work to do because 2 of my 4 opponents played mono, but against both decks where my opponent did play multi-color, I could trigger one (and turn off an "while undamaged" power to boot).

It was fun to see how brutal the Arcona rumour Mongers can be when you have the damage increasers out and your opponent has only one ready large unit. Walking past a Golan Defense Platform with a 1-drop to deal 4 damage is satisfying.

But what really surprised me is how this deck can still come back from a bad board and deal almost 10 damage in one turn, blowing up 2 or 3 objectives to grab the win. Threepio really saved my bacon at least once. I had three Sleuths out, locked or bounced all of my opponent's two-drops, had 1 damage boosting objective and respectively 2 and 4 damage left to deal or get blown out of the sky the next turn. I hadn't seen a single Target of Opportunity yet during the game, so drew cards with Holding all the Cards, Hiding Amongst Friends and a useless attack on an undamaged objective simply to win the edge and trigger Threepio's power. Still nothing I needed. Then after the second attack (which blew up the objective with the 2 damage left), I once again draw my "win edge" reward and got that Target of Opportuninty which sealed the deal.

Dark Side went 3-1 with the new Black Squadron possibilities

Sith - Galactic Enforcers

2 x Black Squadron Assault

1 x Kuat Reinforcements

2 x the Empire's Elite

2 x Black Squadron Formation

2 x Guarding the Wing

1 x Defending the Trench

2 x Dark Defenders

Won three games by blowing up 3 or 4 objectves. Thanks to the 181st TIE's I was able to hold on to the Force surprisingly often.

Lost the last game with the only set-up that didn't have any cost-reducer / resource booster while my opponent slapped down an Independence and a Home One with the help of a Defense of Yavin 4 in his first turn, and spammed an additional 3 capital ships the next turn, doling out so much edge-independent damage I couldn't stop enough. (of course the game in which I didn't draw the one I Have you Now will be when my opponent burns all his cards to slap down big units.)

Maybe next time, I'll lose the Defending the Trench and substitute with a second Kuat Reinforcements ... Inconsistent resources seem to be the only weakness of this deck.

• scwont, yodaman, Thaliak and 1 other like this