Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Liatha deck thread

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

JeffS

JeffS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi there!
There is no thread about Liatha so I'm starting one. ^^

I've just lost my Renewed Faith round game with her but it was a great game!
Thanks to my opponent, Sruman, for his sunny disposition, it was a pleasure to play. And I must say, I was surprised to face Shaper Agnok. After thousands of Cato VS Kith it’s really a breath of fresh air to play those new cards. (And those pesky Agnok’s shadows are brilliantly designed, you can “feel” you are fighting an elusive band of kroots ^^). (I played Calibration Error against Vyper move to P2. But P1 was Iridial, he healed half of the damage and answered with Behind Enemy Lines. Barlus discarded Avetys, he copied the Flying keyword with Adaptation. Great Conquest moments.)

But I can tell I played my Liatha poorly. I was reckless and used my bluff ability with any dead card in my hand. Resulting in Sruman calling my bluffs all the time. :P Now I see it’s better to torture your opponent, and punish him at least 1 bluff out of 2. So he never knows what’s for him next time.

Anyway, here is my deck. Because Liatha is about a game system (shielding) rather than a unit (Morn Kabalite, Urien torture), I have no idea on how to build her, any suggestion is welcome.

Army (30)
1xFlayed Skull Slaver
2xFurious Wraithblade
3xIncubus Warrior
2xKabalite Blackguard
3xKlaivex Warleader
4xLiatha's Retinue
1xRogue Trader
2xSaim-Hann Kinsman
3xSolarite Avetys
3xSslyth Mercenary
2xSyren Zythlex
1xThe Duke of Debris
3xVoid Pirate

Attachment (6)
1xCloak of Shade
1xShadow Field
1xSuffering
3xTorturer's Masks

Event (14)
3xA Thousand Cuts
3xArchon's Terror
1xDoom
2xGut and Pillage
3xRaid
2xShadow Hunt

Support (2)
1xArchon's Palace
1xReveal the Blade

Notes:
Solarite Avetys is here for Shadow Hunt.
Furious Wraithblade for Torturer’s Masks.

• Eu8L1ch likes this

coldeva

coldeva

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

In assassin deck, attack point is the most wanted, shuriken will give some help

Avetys for shadow hunt is nice, but you need more toughness to deal damage, the new holosuit perfectly answer the question (and shuriken is also fits him)

Liatha

Army (25)
2x Flayed Skull Slaver (The Final Gambit)
1x Haemonculus Tormentor (Core Set)
2x Incubus Warrior (Core Set)
1x Kabalite Blackguard (Against the Great Enemy)
3x Klaivex Warleader (The Scourge)
4x Liatha's Retinue (Overrun)
2x Rogue Trader (Core Set)
3x Solarite Avetys (The Great Devourer)
1x Sslyth Mercenary (Gift of the Ethereals)
1x The Duke of Debris (Overrun)
3x Void Pirate (Core Set)
2x Warlock Destructor (Gift of the Ethereals)
Attachment (8)
1x Cloak of Shade (Overrun)
2x Flickering Holofsuit (Stars Aligned)
2x Shuriken Catapult (Wrath of the Crusaders)
3x Suffering (Core Set)
Event (13)
2x A Thousand Cuts (Unforgiven)
3x Archon's Terror (Core Set)
2x Gut and Pillage (What Lurks Below)
3x Raid (Core Set)
2x Shadow Hunt (Overrun)
1x Visions of Agony (The Howl of Blackmane)
Support (4)
2x Archon's Palace (The Howl of Blackmane)
1x Reveal the Blade (Overrun)
1x Twisted Laboratory (Core Set)

I take one set of Visions to wipe away the backlash, it is expensive but safe to your terror and klaivex

• JeffS likes this

JeffS

JeffS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Thx for the tips!

25 Army units seems pretty low. But I'm far from being an expert.

There is a lot of interesting cards, like "Twisted Laboratory", "Haemonculus Tormentor" or "Flickering Holosuit".

Really different from my deck for sure. ^^ I'll give it a try!

(Avetys + Flickering Holosuit. Now that's a sweet combo.)

SlaaneshDevotee

SlaaneshDevotee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

In my deck I just maxed out on 2 shields and then tried to ping the heck out of the warlord. Assasin/ambush shenanigans were useful for this.

Koldro

Koldro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Mh ! This is interesting SlaaneshDevotee.

When I first saw Liatha, I also thought: "Mh! I need to max out on 2 shields!"

But now I changed my mind. The true abiliy of Liatha isn't to ping with 2 shields. I think it may be: I can smuggle out dead cards.

That's my guess on what is the true strength of Liatha. The best example : Archon's Palace. A wise warlord would take only 1-2 of them, because it's unique. Not to clog your hand with extra copies. Well, Liatha can take 3 of them. Play the first one, shield 2 with the others. Best of both worlds.

Of course, it requires to play carefully placed true shield 2 to punish your opponent hard, so he doesn't want to call your bluffs.

(In that regards, in a true torture style, I find it very psychologically efficient to wound an enemy unit down to 1 HP and let it live. Then later on kill it with an unpreventable ping. Technically you could have killed it another way, but there is a difference between calling out a bluff and being dealt 1 damage, and calling out a bluff and see one of your army units die. ^^)

SlaaneshDevotee

SlaaneshDevotee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

The ability to cycle out dead cards from your hand is true, but what else would be worth upping the number of in a deck so you can take advantage? 

Other uniques and supports I guess?

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

In order to play Liatha well you have to treat it like poker by conditioning your opponent that you are capable of bluff at anytime, then using that to sneak in a 2 shield card that he will call you bluff on so you can kill that wounded unit or ping his WL.  

JeffS

JeffS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

In order to play Liatha well you have to treat it like poker by conditioning your opponent that you are capable of bluff at anytime, then using that to sneak in a 2 shield card that he will call you bluff on so you can kill that wounded unit or ping his WL.  

Agreed! That's why I lost my game against Sruman. ^^

It requires to be very skilled in bluff however. This is not a warlord for everyone.

• Ultramarine likes this

Eu8L1ch

Eu8L1ch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Liatha is a tricky one for me. Her ability is really cool, but at the same time it's not reliable.

The ability to potentially use dead cards as shields as Koldro says (but Palace is a 3x in every deck! :P) is her main selling point in my eyes.

Another thing that strikes me is that her sig works well as pseudo-shield, so I would tend to go higher on units to seize more command and potentially turn those late-game dead draws into shield cards, while keeping the amount of 2-shields high enough to keep my opponent on their toes.

This is my first attempt at maximising Liatha's playstyle - beware it is, as of now, untested.

Liatha

Armies (31)
4x Liatha's Retinue
3x Bloodied Reavers
3x Dark Lance Raider
3x Incubus Warrior
3x Chaos Fanatics
3x Klaivex Warleader
3x Sslyth Mercenary
3x Void Pirate
3x Kabalite Blackguard
3x Rogue Trader

Attachments (4)
1x Cloak of Shade
3x Torturer's Masks

Events (11)
2x Shadow Hunt
3x Raid
3x Archon's Terror
3x A Thousand Cuts

Supports (4)
1x Reveal the Blade
3x Archon's Palace

killaszit

killaszit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

a question acording to Liatha abilty

what happens with cards which are turned face-up? they r still removed from game or they go to discard?

• TeamApoka likes this

TeamApoka

TeamApoka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

a question acording to Liatha abilty

what happens with cards which are turned face-up? they r still removed from game or they go to discard?

They are still removed from the game.