Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fenrisian Wolf

Fenrisian Wolf

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

StOfKillers

StOfKillers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Can i attach Fenrisian wolf to my opponen ready unit and in combat turn make him hit himself?

TeamApoka

TeamApoka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Can i attach Fenrisian wolf to my opponen ready unit and in combat turn make him hit himself?

It's a bit tricky, but the answer is going to help you for a lot of cards.

The first step is to spot the word "to".

IF there is a word "to", then everything that is before that is a Cost.

Then, the rule is: Anything that is a cost, you must do it with game elements YOU control. (You can not pay with the money of someone else ^^)

So, if we look at the Wolf, it's not "Exhaust and deal damage". It's "Exhaust TO deal damage".

So it's a Cost. So you need to pay that cost with something you control. You do not control the enemy unit. You can't pay the cost.

• Caldera, SlaaneshDevotee and Blackwhyn like this

Kaloo

Kaloo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

What he said :)

Here's an old rules posting, for reference: http://www.cardgamed...-an-enemy-unit/

StOfKillers

StOfKillers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Thank you both.

steinerp

steinerp

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

One minor note, you allowed to attach the wolf but neither you nor your opponent could use the attachment unless control of one or the other changed

• Kaloo likes this

Kaloo

Kaloo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

One minor note, you allowed to attach the wolf but neither you nor your opponent could use the attachment unless control of one or the other changed

As an example of this actually meaning anything, if you attached a Wolf to their Slyth Mercenary then used its Action to buy it you could then use the attachment successfully. Conversely, if you attach this to one of your units and your opponent attaches a Mindshackle Scarab and uses it during the Combat Phase, you'd be prevented from using the Wolf (as well as them).

Otherwise, attaching a wolf to one of their units is largely pointless unless you want to give their units the ability to benefit from their For The Tau'va or protect them from their Warpstorms, both of which are poor life choices ;)

• steinerp likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fenrisian Wolf