Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Balanced decks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Hob

Hob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I bought 2 Core sets, The Shifting Sands and all (9 I think) Deluxe Expansions just before they stopped making cards for the game.  I recently decided to get to work!  I built 8 mono decks and played 5 games.  I am an experienced CCG/LCG player and my decks work well (they do what they are supposed to do), but not all the games have been competitive.  For example, my yellow king deck completely shut down my Miskatonic deck by making them all insane and taking away the ability to restore insane characters during the refresh phase with a support card.  I just want balanced decks to play with my friends.  I realize that I can take out that support card or add cards to deal with support cards or add cards to restore sanity with events, etc, but now I just feel overwhelmed with possibilities due to my card pool.  For all the experienced players out there, what advice can you give me to build balanced decks?  Ideally, I'd like to have 8 decks because I like variety and theme but I am flexible!

washme

washme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts

I know that you stated your card pool is limited, but I'd still take a look at this thread for some ideas on balancing at least.  I'm not a deck builder myself, but the decks in the thread have been somewhat tested (as much as you can with so many decks at once).  It'll at least be a jumping off point.  It sounds like you have a solid foundation already.

Hob

Hob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Wow!  Nice thread!  Yes, my card pool is limited and I can look to expand with what's available - or substitute the best I can.  Part of the problem is the match-ups though.  However, since I'm playing just for fun, I might not want to play some decks against other decks due to a mismatch.  This is a great start.  Thanks!!