Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Euron and uniques

- - - - -

Best Answer mplain , 16 July 2017 - 12:21 PM

http://thronesdb.com/faq#Unique_cards

Short summary:

- A player cannot marshal, put into play, or take control of a unique card if he or she already owns or controls another copy of that unique card in play, or has a copy of it in his or her dead pile.

- A player cannot marshal or put into play an opponent's unique card if that opponent already owns or controls another copy of that unique card in play, or has a copy of it in his or her dead pile.

I believe the idea behind this rule is to make sure that the expiration of a "take control" effect would not lead to a situation when a player would "passively" gain control of a unique card that he already controls.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

VerticalMonkey

VerticalMonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi,
I know this has probably been answered a million times already, but I couldn't find the precise ruling (maybe because it is just straightforward and not complicated at all)

If euron discards a copy of a unique location which I neither own or control (but my opponent already has out), is it still fine to use his ability since it's me that would be putting it into play?

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1437 posts
✓  Best Answer

http://thronesdb.com/faq#Unique_cards

Short summary:

- A player cannot marshal, put into play, or take control of a unique card if he or she already owns or controls another copy of that unique card in play, or has a copy of it in his or her dead pile.

- A player cannot marshal or put into play an opponent's unique card if that opponent already owns or controls another copy of that unique card in play, or has a copy of it in his or her dead pile.

I believe the idea behind this rule is to make sure that the expiration of a "take control" effect would not lead to a situation when a player would "passively" gain control of a unique card that he already controls.

VerticalMonkey

VerticalMonkey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks buddy, had no idea there had been that many rulings already! Would this have historically been the case? (Have I always played that wrong? ).

That's my bedtime reading for this week sorted in any case!

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1437 posts
This ruling was introduced in the FAQ. Originally you could do what you described. But then we started getting more "take control" effects, and they probably decided to add a safety net. Euron and Yoren got somewhat weaker, but both a quite strong still.

gramyotron

gramyotron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

I just realized that if some location is stolen by Euron (or Dagmer or even Sea *****) you can retake it using Scalling the Wall (or with Raiding the Bay of Ice). It goes on deck or to hand, but still. 

FedericoFasullo

FedericoFasullo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Are those Pokémon cards?