Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Defenders of the Faith - Deluxe expansion release

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

TeamApoka

TeamApoka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

POPULAR

“By bolter shell, flamer burst and melta blast, the mutant, the heretic and the traitor alike are cleansed of their sin of existence.

So has it been for five millennia, so shall it be unto the end of time.”

- Words of Devotion, Verses IV-V, Chapter X, Volume LII

Team Apoka is proud to announce the release of its first deluxe expansion “Defenders of the Faith”!

A black threat is spreading across the Traxis sector and its two adjacent most important sectors. Navida Prime is at the center

of this massive conflict. A breach in the veil, high in the sky, is pouring daemons and entities without names. But at the very

moment when all seems lost, light came from above. The light of the God-emperor.

War of Faith

With Defenders of the Faith, it is your duty to lead the purest of the armies of the Emperor. The expansion introduces two

new warlords, a lot of units, events and supports and a new mechanic for the Ecclesiarchy. As the Adepta Sororitas, you can call

upon your unshakeable faith to withstand any opposition and make sure the Emperor’s Will prevails. Along with this new holy

faction, you’ll also find a new card for each of the other factions alongside two new neutral cards that promise to impact the

game heavily!

The Sisters of battle are part of the Astra Militarum faction, but you’ll notice that an Ecclesiarchy army looks different from a

normal Astra army. Their cost is slightly higher, to reflect their better equipment and training, and their abilities often require

the Ecclesiarchy trait to function at full potential (trust not the heretic). They can be a nice addition to any existing deck, or be

build as a full new faction in an all-Ecclesiarchy deck concept.

Teamwork

The deluxe expansion has been an incredible task for all Team Apoka. It’s the result of half a year of intensive work. We would

like to thank everyone for their support. From the chinese playtest group to Drake, Jenny, Forrester & all the other players from

the Skype group. From R. Twoshields to the Dark Omen Club. From Ichorid001 to the dozens of players who order packs each

month. We can’t name you all, so: Thank you all.

And a very special thanks to Eu8L1ch for his incredible participation to this deluxe: The final steps of the conception saw countless

meetings, often of more than five hours, to discuss, tune and test the cards. His expertise is an invaluable contribution to this expansion.

Table Top Simulator

Another great news for this release. All Apoka cards are now available on Table Top Simulator, and so will be the Sisters of Battle.

A big thank you to Ichorid001, Erwin and all who made this possible.

Enjoy the smell of a burnt mutant and the feeling of playing with real cards there:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=921262871

In His Very Name

We hope you’ll enjoy this expansion. If you don’t have your Faith tokens yet, now is the time!

Cleanse the battlefields of the Traxis Sector in his name.

Long live Conquest!

Get the deluxe expansion:

http://apoka.mozello.com/

The rulesheet of the expansion:

http://apoka.mozello.com/misc/rules/

The cards preview (Feel free to comment. The Inquisition is watching.):

https://www.facebook...498320276857468

The OCTGN imagepack:

http://apoka.mozello.com/cards/octgn/

Faith tokens:

send us an email (teamapoka@gmail.com)

NRHHZUf.jpg

• bolomolo, Caldera, FerrusManus and 10 others like this

Austine

Austine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
Farewell Ba'ar Zul!
The Charging Juggernaut is what I would have needed to win the league but...

SISTERS OF BATTLE!

I'm impressed by the amount of work done. Thank you all, Apoka Team for the cards, Playtesters, Intolerance and Kertanos for keeping OCTGN up and running.
I pledge my loyalty to Saint Celestine. I'll play her until nothing can resist my holy wrath! (Man... Vardina's signature is wonderful... choices...) OCTGN! I'm coming!

• Ultramarines likes this

Tytou

Tytou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Such an tremendous work ! Thank you guys for all content you released. Did you get any donation or some thing ?

By the way, I am still playing your Shaper Agnok first warlord. So fun the Kroots hehey :P  I gotta try Imotekh  !

: Agree with Austine, Vardina's signature is beautiful. 

TeamApoka

TeamApoka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

We do get donations: Happy faces and Conquest games around the world being played. ^^

And happy to know you're playing Agnok! (In your experience, do you feel there is enough Kroot units to deckbuild with enough choices?)

Tytou

Tytou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Of course, getting more Kroots would be a good thing for decking but I think that, since Trap Laying Hunter as well as the Rampaging Knarloc are out, my Agnok deck is running quiet well. To me, these cards allowed to level up the Kroots to a competitive mid-elites deck. Thanks guys!

Also, when can we expect to order the cards ? Can't wait to play Celestine :P

GuessWePlay5Rings

GuessWePlay5Rings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Excellent work guys! That necron looks sick - and the art on the SoB is very well done - kudos :).

Corelogic

Corelogic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

question about Patron Saint

Reaction: After you deploy or Deep Strike this unit, remove up to 3 damage from AM army units and Ecclesiarchy units you control. Then place faith equal to the damage removed among army units you control.

now it states that AM units need to be Army units. But Ecclesiarchy just has Units. Is that supposed to be limited with the Army trait as well or would a warlord like the canoness also apply?

Corelogic

Corelogic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Also are there any plans for a unit like the void pirate or rogue trader that generates faith instead of cards or resources?

TeamApoka

TeamApoka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

question about Patron Saint

now it states that AM units need to be Army units. But Ecclesiarchy just has Units. Is that supposed to be limited with the Army trait as well or would a warlord like the canoness also apply?

1/ Patron Saint

You are correct.

The Patron Saint applies to AM "Army units", so not warlords. But also applies to Ecclesiarchy "units", so warlords included. Which means the Patron Saint applies to the two Sisters of Battle warlords, giving them a special twist compared to regular AM warlords, as a subpart faction.

2/ Neutral "void pirate" like that generates Faith

We have no plan in that direction for a neutral unit so far. But, on the other hand, something related to Faith is coming for the next pack "Imperial Decree". Something huge. ^^

Corelogic

Corelogic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

again about the patron saint.

if it is put into play via another method than deep strike or deployment phase such as saint celestine paying with faith. does it's ability still trigger?

TeamApoka

TeamApoka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Nope. Via another method it won't work. So a "Put into play" wording (any kind) does not trigger her ability.

bolomolo

bolomolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Thanks for the effort in keeping this game fresh and exciting.

Some feedback:

Imperial blockade still has a typo, missing an 'a' in the second line.

Perhaps x cost where x is the number of imperial blockades in you discard.

Evansecent Players seems a bit complicated and confusing to read. How about something simpler, like cancelling an attack once per combat or the armored shell wording?

Flamer weapons is often Area Effect in this game. (Revered Heavy Flamer change?)

Blade of the Crinsom Oath has no limit 1 relic reminder.

Banner of the Sacred rose: typo last line

Don't like conditional HP on  warlords (Order of the Crimson oath). Have forgotten that Frostfang a couple of times.

All the non-astra cards seems to have medium to high playability, really looking forward playing with them.

Hoping that the astra decks are competetive.

Keep up the good work!

• TeamApoka likes this

TeamApoka

TeamApoka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Thank you very much for your support!
And thank you a second time for your feedback (sharp and useful, as usual ^^). Here are our answers,

• Imperial Blockade - We also got some feedbacks about it on facebook. We will improve the general wording for a better understanding (and fix typos as well ^^).
  • Evanescent Players - By Armored Shell wording, do you mean something like this: "Reaction: After attached unit is assigned damage by an enemy army unit, prevent all but 2 of that damage. Then deal to that unit damage equal to the reduction."
  • Flamer weapons is often Area Effect in this game - Humble answer: We literally spent hours to gather all the graphic material. We were looking for weapons with a nice look, and the revered flamer was our best "nice looking" option. So we went with it even if the card doesn't give Area Effect. On the other hand, if you look at the Sacred Rose Immolator, it has a "area effect" flavor. ;)
  • Blade of the Crimson Oath has no limit 1 relic reminder - Correct. We skipped the reminder to get more room in the textbox. After all those years we suppose it's now common knowledge. ^^ 
  • Banner of the Sacred rose: typo last line - Can you point it out? We'll fix it for the final release.
  • Don't like conditional HP on  warlords (Order of the Crimson oath). Have forgotten that Frostfang a couple of times. - Ah. I can understand. ^^ Conditional HP on warlords may be forgotten for sure, but on the other hand those are great tools in Conquest for giving that feeling of "Last Stand" because the warlord can't retreat with it. So, basically, aside from Iridial, it's really only for the last battle.

bolomolo

bolomolo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

English isn't my native language, but shouldn't the Banner of the Sacred Rose read 'your opponents victory display'?

You can also forget the extra HP on your warlord the other way. 'Damn, my warlord had more hitpoints but now he is bloodied'.

Edit: New wording on Evanescent Players seems much better although I would prefer 'Then deal damage to that target unit equal to the reduction.' It is already a great elite-killer. 

Thanks again for your great work. 

TeamApoka

TeamApoka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
**Update**
Thank you all for your feedbacks and suggestions.
The deluxe expansion is now final and available for printing.

Loubino

Loubino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Just back from holidays! Two words: Incredible job!
I join others in congratulating you for your efforts and work.

Blackwhyn

Blackwhyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Fantastic job! The art looks amazing and the new mechanics are very interesting.

• TeamApoka likes this

Ultramarines

Ultramarines

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Can you post the link for the faith tokens for those that want to get them?  Thanks.

TeamApoka

TeamApoka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Can you post the link for the faith tokens for those that want to get them?  Thanks.

Hum! Good point, we'll do a new post with the details about the tokens. Because there is no "link", we send them ourselves.

To get tokens, one needs to email us (at teamapoka@gmail.com).

Blackwhyn

Blackwhyn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Quick newbie question: is there a place where the cards are being discussed individually (like in the cardgamedb cards section) or are people discussing this through facebook and random apoka forum posts?

In summary: if I want to ask how a specific card works, where should I go?

Thanks