Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Does Dark Side get to refresh?

Best Answer dbmeboy , 29 July 2017 - 05:15 PM

A couple of parts to this:

-Yes, Dark Side gets to refresh in their first turn. Rarely relevant as there isn't an action window before they refresh, but if they have a Reaction or Interrupt that happens first, they do get to refresh still.

-Combo with Tatooine Crash does not work. Tatooine Crash doesn't capture until after you refresh. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Hey, this is probably a dumb question, because I don't see anything that says they don't, only the Light Side doesn't, but this becomes relevant when playing either Tatooine Crash, or if your opponent is playing Cracken, while you also play Niles. Can I use Salvage Operation to capture his (Admittedly low chance of happening) vehicle, and then still refresh to get the resources on my turn? (Salvage Operation text: Reaction: After a Vehicle unit is destroyed or captured, put that unit into play (from its owner’s discard pile or from its captured state) under your control.) 

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3722 posts
✓  Best Answer
A couple of parts to this:

-Yes, Dark Side gets to refresh in their first turn. Rarely relevant as there isn't an action window before they refresh, but if they have a Reaction or Interrupt that happens first, they do get to refresh still.

-Combo with Tatooine Crash does not work. Tatooine Crash doesn't capture until after you refresh.
  • IAmBatman likes this

IAmBatman

IAmBatman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Thank you!

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2100 posts
I've deadly sighted a unit put into play by Solidarity of Spirit....
  • dbmeboy, doctormungmung, yodaman and 2 others like this

TheNameWasTaken

TheNameWasTaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

That is beautifully nasty!

• Rio likes this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1808 posts

Can we just go ahead and delete this thread forever?

• perichoresis31 likes this

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Pod is trash. Nut low.

Why would anyone play that garbage?

• Rio likes this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2100 posts

Pod is trash. Nut low.

I even had Sariss as my free unit from Solidarity, and I won! So I won a game with Sariss on the board turn 1, what a wacky world, and if I remember correctly I didn't discard either.
  • GreedoShotFirst likes this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1808 posts

Pod is trash. Nut low.

Some people like playing with handicaps

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Some people like playing with handicaps

Scary to think if people succeed with that what they could do with a real deck
  • kiramode likes this

slydisciple

slydisciple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Pod is trash. Nut low.

I'm somewhat new to the game, what are you referring to?  Is there an "I win" deck out there or something?  Just curious.

Thaliak

Thaliak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

GreedoShotFirst and Rio are teasing Kiramode for statements he made during Episode 19 of his podcast, in which he used Plan of the Prophetess as an example of a pod that can be amazing or subpar depending on whether you draw the cards at the right time. Because Sariss has two health rather than three, she's easy for many Light side units to remove. Furthermore, if the Dark Side defends with her and manages to win edge, she generally only stalls the game, because although she has a black tactics, she lacks the unit damage to kill most units. Thus, Kiramode suggested that if the Light Side is playing a serious deck and has average draws, the Dark Side almost invariably loses if its first turn consists of playing Sariss, taking Force, and passing.

While that might be a hyperbolic statement, the episode and the podcast as a whole are worth listening to. Kiramode's a solid player who spends a lot of time thinking about the game. You can find the podcast at Holding All the Cards.

• Rio, yodaman and perichoresis31 like this

Henryrip

Henryrip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I tried to play this today, and I found nothing but hacks. Are there any groups that play this game straight up anymore?

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3722 posts

I tried to play this today, and I found nothing but hacks. Are there any groups that play this game straight up anymore?

1. Not sure what exactly you mean by the question.
2. If you're looking for players in your area or otherwise what to discuss some aspect of playing the game, the proper venue is in the main forums and not via resurrecting and old rules question. You should try that, you'll get more views and more discussion.