Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Telekinetic Strike

Best Answer dbmeboy , 07 August 2017 - 01:55 PM

Anytime a card refers to "focusing a unit" that unit must be ready.  So you cannot pay for Telekinetic Strike by focusing an already exhausted unit. 

See sidebar "A Matter of Focus" on pg 10 of the rule book.  Relevant part: "A player cannot focus an exhausted card."

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

slydisciple

slydisciple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

This is an elementary question, but I'm still trying to get the hang of the game, so I do apologize.  With Telekinetic Strike, can I play this card and choose one of my exhausted units to focus, or do they have to be ready?  I'm assuming it doesn't matter because the card doesn't specifically say.  Thanks in advance.

ffg_SWC30_217-5.png

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

'focus a unit' is a cost, you cannot pay a cost with exhausted card.

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3842 posts
✓  Best Answer

Anytime a card refers to "focusing a unit" that unit must be ready.  So you cannot pay for Telekinetic Strike by focusing an already exhausted unit. 

See sidebar "A Matter of Focus" on pg 10 of the rule book.  Relevant part: "A player cannot focus an exhausted card."

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3842 posts

'focus a unit' is a cost, you cannot pay a cost with exhausted card.

It actually has nothing to do with being a cost, though the phrasing of "focus a card" is almost always part of a cost.  Nothing prevents you from paying costs in general with exhausted cards though.

GreedoShotFirst

GreedoShotFirst

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
It should be noted that the effect of TK strike can happen on an exhausted unit as it contains the "place focus token" phrasing.
  • dbmeboy likes this

PeterBoX

PeterBoX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all, Deep Striking units may shoot but may not charge even Fleet units. However, can they Run after deploying through Deep Strike, or can any unit for that matter?