Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unkar Super Support Decklist

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

KnightsofRenPodcast

KnightsofRenPodcast

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Sugi here with a very fun deck I have been testing for a month or so and this is a casual deck, but it does have some strong presence against the current meta decks. Let's dive right in!

You might have seen this list a few weeks ago when I was first testing and some things have changed. Added since the last list is 1x Lure of Power/ 1x Slave 1/ 2x Bolt Hole.

If you never saw the last deck the whole point of this is to create massive resource advantages with either Unkar's action ability OR use cards like Datapad/Supply Line with Unkar's +2 resources to have about 4-6 resources turn 1. At that point you go to town with Quadjumper/AT-ST/Friends in Low Places/Slave 1 to create a fearsome board and hopefully get a quick kill on the weakest character your opponent has on the field. The deck is VERY slow so understand you won't go first very often, if ever. However you can consistently put out 10+ damage turn 1.

The easiest combo is first getting FIHP online. Unkar can easily get a 2/2 or 2/1 with his dice, Tie Pilot can produce 2-3 on his dice (sometimes with a reroll needed) and Nightsister is more reliably the 1. On average Unkar plus Pilot provide the 7 you need to play FIHP. At this point you haven't resolved a die and are gaining a pretty significant economic advantage. It's not uncommon to get a Quadjumper out or even an AT-ST. Sometimes you find a second FIHP and 2 dud cards with the first FIHP, so you play the second copy and after going through 6 cards in the deck, there is always something useful to play for free.

The next best combo is Quadjumper for 3 and then setting up for a jump into something bigger or using Quadjumper with Unkar to produce resources with its 2 base resource sides or using the 2 focus to flip Unkar into a +2 modified side and 1 base resource side. Now you have 3 resources and can jump into anything in your deck.

The least optimal but still scary turn is paying for a Tie Fighter without a discount. Unkar can still make enough money either with his resource generation or his ability to get you the extra 1 resource. More often than not you will have an average of 5 resources available and can play the Tie and pay for it's 3 for 1 damage plus the Tie Pilot's +3 for 1 if you have both dice showing 3 for 1 sides.

This deck has a LOT of outs and ways to play around bad rolls and create significant advantages while building up a massive board state. The +3 for 1 from the Tie Pilot is great early game because you can use it for Unkar to steal a card and gain resources or deal 2-4 on average damage with Nightsister if you don't see any vehicles in your hand. Nightsister is a great form of soft control a lot of players don't expect. Early game you can draw a hand with 1-2 copies of both Salvage Stand and/or Imperial Inspection and have Boundless Ambition as the 5th card, allowing you to potentially see 10 cards in turn 1. Datapad and Supply Line create constant resource generation which fuels your ability to pay for vehicles and damage sides. The deck is very consistent and can produce both AT-STs turn 1 or a mixture of AT-ST/Slave 1 and something else.

The BIG tradeoffs are very little forms of control. Other than Nightsister and Doubt your opponent is going to do pretty much whatever they want. However this deck is built to do what you want better. So if you don't like the idea of letting your opponent going unchecked, don't play this deck. However I can say this deck can and will kill their characters in 2 turns with how much power it can put on the table. Your deck is slow and that has advantages and disadvantages. Usually you have to roll everything out individually and resolve individually. This can lead to some very long turns and open you up to potential removal from the opponent. However you can get around this with great disrupt options from Unkar as well as discarding cards with his ability. So you are never without some way of dealing with your opponent's options, just depends on the situation.

At this point the deck is casual and with Empire at War very likely going to become a contender for a meta deck. But this is one I recommend testing out at local weekly events and see the look on your opponent's face when you drop a turn 1 AT-ST and Slave 1. 1f642.png

http://swdestinydb.c...persupports-2.0

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Interesting deck.  One addition I like playing with unkar and fast hands is blackmail.  Feeds his ability very well and u can resolve it with fast hands before they can pay u to remove it.  Although since ur after resources, you might like that payment.  With so much disrupt, I like having "my kind of scum" in the deck as well.  However, thats not as effective if ur not going first since they can spend their resources before u go.  The same can be said for salvage stand too though which I agree should definitely be in the deck.  Just a few ideas

KnightsofRenPodcast

KnightsofRenPodcast

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Agreed! The beauty of this deck is how many cards can be swapped around based on playstyle or personal preference. So I encourage readers to make adjustments as they see fit so they can enjoy this deck. It may not win big tournaments but it is a LOT of fun to play :)

Queklaine

Queklaine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I took a version of this deck to a tournament a couple days ago.  It was fun to play but didnt do so well.  I dont know if your local meta is way different than mine, but shields are basically useless out here.  I played 3 rounds, and all 3 games I was playing against primarily a melee deck that got at least one if not both vibroknives out.  In the second and third rounds, I had 2 shields on unkar to start the game.  Both games he was killed without losing those shields due to all unblockable damage attacks.  I think I might try a version more based on dice removal than placing shields next time.

Part of this is obviously luck.  I never drew an atst all day except once.  When I did, my opponent rolled out first and then unkared me and was lucky enough to pull it giving him 6 resources.  I played FIHP 3 times I think throughout the day but never hit anything big with it.  I also never had more than a sum of 5 on my dice on turn one after rerolls.  Dice removal is very popular in my local meta so playing that event was harder than expected.  I also have a habit of rolling terribly which continued throughout the tournament.

Despite that, I did manage to get a lot of resources each game.  I played many supports and had anywhere from 4-6 dice on support cards alone by the end of each game.  I played against eVader (spirit)/eFN2199 in game one, eVader/ royal guard in round 2, and unkar/ eGrievous in game 3.  Game 3 was the only game I won.  I was well set up and just didnt get enough attacks to kill compared to my opponents.  The last game that I won, I had done 4 damage to finish off Grevious the turn before.  I then killed a fully healthy Unkar at 10 with one shot the next turn.  I think something similar would have occurred in the other 2 matches if I'd had one more round.

Just for anyone who wonders what I did different in my deck, I added a second lure of power.  I also added in 2 astromech droids to be able to modify my vehicle dice.  I pulled fast hands.  I'd love to run it but now that I can only put it on unkar who normally gets targetted first, theres other stuff I'd rather have.  Besides, if I have imperial inspection out, I dont want to roll in unkar without a fast hands on them till they have spent there resources so I can bounce there upgrade back without them replaying it.  Unfortunately, I didnt draw the inspection at all in games 2 or 3.  There were a couple other changes I think but I cant remember them off the top of my head.  I think I might include the speeders from the base set in the future because of there special being able to remove dice.  Since I can switch to that with the astromech, that might slow people down a bit

meat4444

meat4444

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I would run Confiscation.  It only costs 2 credits and takes the vibroknife out of the pool.  Then your shields work.