Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Multiplayer Rules - "roles"

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

De1tas

De1tas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi

I'm about to start multiplayer Destiny games in my game group. We're normally 3 sometimes 4. 

However, in my experience games like Destiny tend to end up with most players just ganking out 1 player at a time. 

I really like what Game of Thrones Second Edition did to address that. By letting all players pick a role at the start of the turn. Each role came with an advantage, as well as a support (one you couldn't attack) and Rivals.

I was wondering if that could be transferred to Destiny without breaking the game too much. 

​So i came up with below.

Basic idea is, in 3-4 player game. At the start you shuffle all 6 cards. Remove 2 at random. The active player goes first at pick his role and pass the remaining card on the the next player. After all picked, roles are revealed and any effect on them are resolved.

A role support another role. You cannot attack a role you support (but are still allowed to die manipulate ect). Each role also come with 2 rivals. You have a slight bonus when attacking a rival.

5 Cards are having support and rivals. The 6'th (Council of the Sith) does not, but have a powerfull effect.

To some degree i expect this to prevent all out gank on the same player. What do you guys think? Are the effects on the cards too gamebreaking. Are some way more powerfull that the others?

Council of the Sith

Support: None

Rivals: None

Reaction: Once per round when a die resolves showing damage (range or melee), redirect that damage to another character of your choice

Jedi Council

Support: The Senate

Rivals: Master of Schemes, The Grand Admiral

When choosing this card place one shield on a character you control

Rival effect: Once per round when a character you control are resolving die showing damage die (range or melee) against a rival, gain 1 shield for that character

The Senate

Support: Master of Schemes

Rivals: The Grand Admiral, The Advisor

When choosing this card, you may draw up to 6 cards instead of 5

Rival effect: Once per round when a character you control are resolving a die showing damage die (range or melee) against a rival, return a support card controlled by that player that cost 2 resources or less to that players hand

The Grand admiral

Support:  Master of Schemes

Rivals: The Advisor, Jedi Council

When choosing this card, you may deal 1 unblocable damage to a character

Rival effect: Once per round when a character you control are resolving a die showing damage (range or melee) against a rival, increase it's value by 1 

Master of Schemes

Support:  The Advisor

Rivals: Jedi Council,  The Senate

When choosing this card, each opponent discard 1 card from their deck

Rival effect: Once per round when a character you control are resolving a die showing damage (range or melee) against a rival, discard a card at random for that players hand

The Advisor

Support: Jedi Council

Rivals: The Grand Admiral, Master of Schemes

When choosing this card, you gain 1 ressource

Rival effect: Once per round when a character you control are resolving a die showing damage (range or melee) against a rival, turn a die controlled by that player to a side of your choice

Just short on the roles:

Council of the Sith represent the Dark side of the Force, and that the Sith work in the shadows pulling the strings (like in the movie). Hence no support/rivals.

Jedi Council represent jedi. They protect the people and support the The Senate (afterall the power should be with the people).

​The Senate represent the politicians. They know stuff (so extra card). Politicians also know how to sway people to their will, thus they are able to change the support the other player has (thus return a support card to the hand).

The Grand Admiral represent the military. He gets to deal out damage and can make his attack slight stronger against a rival. He support the Master of Schemes.

The Master of Schemes represent all behind closed, the stuff going on in the shadow. Like Prince Xixor. The Master of Schemes know all the secrets, and thus he discard card from player decks, and reveal his rivals secrets by discard card from their hand.

Finally there's the advisor. The advisor always know what to do. He is a valuable resource for all leaders. Thus he provide and extra resource and when he attacks a rival, perhaps the advice he gives is not always in your advantage - hence he can turn an die to any side controlled by the rival.