Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

OCTGN

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

Intolerance

Intolerance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
The OCTGN thread for Conquest was created nearly three years ago to the day.

The L5R LCG plugin is ready for beta. Feedback is welcome and please keep in mind that it's an early release :) There are some known issues and planned enhancements. If you run into problems feel free to post them here.

Copy this file to the LocalFeed directory of OCTGN, launch, and install the game through the game manager.

The plugin is available through the Community Games section in the Games Manager tab of OCTGN.

Thanks to Kertanos for all the proxy templates and his feature contributions.

• Veetek, nightcrawlers, Eu8L1ch and 4 others like this

Silme

Silme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

awesome ! this worked for me... ready to test and report back any problem !

thanks for the hard yet so fast work !!!

RaistlinTN1

RaistlinTN1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Thank you so much for this application. I will test it inmediatly. All the people that are working on this project are doing an outstanding work for the community :D

HidaHonk

HidaHonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Thank you for the effort! However, I have a problem installing it. It always shows a error message during install. 

*Edit* Problem solved.

SlaaneshDevotee

SlaaneshDevotee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
I wish I could do this right now! However I'm going to bed, so I will have very thoughts in about eight hours :prior

Thank you for so much hard work, it is appreciated!

Therion

Therion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Thx a lot;)

Eu8L1ch

Eu8L1ch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

That's awesome news, thank you very much!! :D

I've already installed it!

GuessWePlay5Rings

GuessWePlay5Rings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Thanks for all the hard work!

Blake333

Blake333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

i Can't seem to get this to work  any advance?  i've copied the feed  a few different way  it keeps telling the url is  off

Never mind  I'm a moron sometimes :)

Cambeul

Cambeul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Card Pack Images?

GuessWePlay5Rings

GuessWePlay5Rings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Quick thoughts from playing around a bit (im very new to octgn though)

Setup is a little more manual in this game than in conquest. Would be nice if you drew 4 cards and filled provinces automatically.

You cant peek at your dynasty flop without you broadcasting the card to your opp (am i missing a function?)

Ive been unable to figure out how to select a ring to claim it, which also impacts fate hotkeys (f2 for example)

These could just be due to my inexperience with the interface though. Is there somewhere we should look for known issues (to not double report?)
  • killaszit likes this

chaosalex

chaosalex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I got it working and think it looks great. 

I can't get any of the decks to shuffle, and I am not sure how to get the rings and tokens into the game. 

I am thrilled with what you have done so far.

Intolerance

Intolerance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Quick thoughts from playing around a bit (im very new to octgn though)

Setup is a little more manual in this game than in conquest. Would be nice if you drew 4 cards and filled provinces automatically.

You cant peek at your dynasty flop without you broadcasting the card to your opp (am i missing a function?)

Ive been unable to figure out how to select a ring to claim it, which also impacts fate hotkeys (f2 for example)

These could just be due to my inexperience with the interface though. Is there somewhere we should look for known issues (to not double report?)

It should fill the provinces and hand if you use the 'Mulligan' action on the table. I think in the long run setup will automatically walk through the full process of revealing strongholds, choosing stronghold province, mulliganing, etc. but at the moment it's separate and a bit manual. If you want to reorder your provinces, you'll need to alternate click them and select 'Unanchor'.

If you right click a card and select 'Peek' you'll be able to view it without your opponent seeing (though they know that you peeked at it). The plugin does this automatically for your provinces so at any point you can hover over them to review.

The rings are a bit tricky because afaik OCTGN has no concept of game objects without a controller. To try to simplify this, there are actions on the table to interact with them. If you alternate click the table and select 'Declare conflict', you'll get some prompts that result in a ring being targeted with the proper conflict type. If you then alternate click the table and select 'Claim ring' you'll be able to claim the targeted ring. Claim ring essentially claims whatever ring is currently targeted.

There's no other location for known issues atm. I figured to start here was simpler so folks could share workarounds. If you're comfortable with github you're welcome to post here

I have a trello with some stuff but it's not public. Some known issues are:

- Search top always shuffles after, so can't resolve Shrewd Yasuki properly

- Rings lose their military/political-ness sometimes when moving to a players claimed rings. Mostly affects Know the World atm I think.

- Shortcuts can trigger menu items that aren't visible so you might have to undo them if accidentally triggered

- Decks aren't validated as being legally constructed

- Miscellaneous display issues. I think this is the most common comment I've seen so far and mostly related to the size of objects.

- Some cards occasionally show nothing for their name in the chat log. This is an OCTGN issue that has a fix incoming.

There are a bunch of features/improvements planned as well but won't get into listing them yet. Feel free to suggest any ideas though :)

• killaszit, xRAVEx, GuessWePlay5Rings and 1 other like this

veezya

veezya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

And this Polical Imperial Favor proxy.  B)

Intolerance

Intolerance

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

I used all of my image editing skill on that one :)

munkeykungfu

munkeykungfu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

I've pulled together an Image pack :)

It's still missing about 40 cards as FiveRingsDB doesn't have them yet but it's a start

https://1drv.ms/u/s!...jH4E3izER4rWS4J

• twoshields and veezya like this

gimmieninja

gimmieninja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

add the ring effects to the rings, same goes for the imperial favor. 

had some issues with cards going into the wrong areas on deck construction this made for some problems with doing the inital setup

when you drag and drop a card from your dynasty to the field it should remain face down.

haven't yet actually played as i just made a deck and opened it up solo to see how things are set up.

also if you arrange the rings across the line between players boards it would likely be less obtrusive.

GuessWePlay5Rings

GuessWePlay5Rings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
@intolerance - thanks a ton for the tips :)

FireSoCold

FireSoCold

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

While building a Dragon Clan deck I noticed a couple things;

-As I added Dynasty cards to the deck, they were added under the Stronghold tab on the left. (Nevermind that. Noob user error)

-The Mirumoto Prodigy (Card # 57) has an incorrect Military Skill. It should be 2, not 3.

I'll add more as I find them, unless there is a better way to report bugs/incorrect data. If that is the case, please point me in the right direction.

Daigotsu

Daigotsu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Never used OCTGN.

Detailed instructions on how to install the L5R to OCTGN, please? 

I c/p the file to the local feed folder, but I don't see l5r lcg as a game I can install in the games manager. Stuck here.