Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fall 2017 Online Tourney Groups Stage Results Thread

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1632 posts

1 Objective Kill

Spice trade killed

and twice 3 damage (1 damage on last objective)

So if I read this correctly you have one objective kill, one spice trade, and an additional 7 damage across DS objectives. So that would be scored as 1 objective plus 9 damage. Remember that the damage bonus is capped at 3 to reward players for actually getting closer to the win condition. It's important for 2 objective kills to always be worth more than 1 objective kill plus a ton of damage. 

Also, for future reference ... I assume that decks are expected to conform to the latest incarnation of the FAQ (v. 5.1)?

The default is that players abide by the most current FAQ. With that said; players are free to make any stipulations they would like. If both players want to play a non-nerfed Endor Entrapment vs quad Yodas that's fine.

WookieeRoar

WookieeRoar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

So if I read this correctly you have one objective kill, one spice trade, and an additional 7 damage across DS objectives. So that would be scored as 1 objective plus 9 damage. Remember that the damage bonus is capped at 3 to reward players for actually getting closer to the win condition. It's important for 2 objective kills to always be worth more than 1 objective kill plus a ton of damage. 

The default is that players abide by the most current FAQ. With that said; players are free to make any stipulations they would like. If both players want to play a non-nerfed Endor Entrapment vs quad Yodas that's fine.

Ah, I had missed the 3-point cap.

Yeah, then I'm at 7 points for my LS loss.

WookieeRoar

WookieeRoar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Skype Group 2

WookieRoar and McRauri split win with LS

Game 1: WookieeRoar DS loss, 8 on dial (2 objectives killed, 3 damage on last)

Game 2: McRauri DS Loss, 4 on dial (0 objectives killed; 1 damage)

• kiramode likes this

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1632 posts

Scoring updated.

• yodaman likes this

jawbone

jawbone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Rematch due to illegal deck: 

Jawbone (DS) vs WookieeRoar (LS):  Wookiee Roar wins with dial at 2.   Justice served. 

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1632 posts

Rematch due to illegal deck: 

Jawbone (DS) vs WookieeRoar (LS):  Wookiee Roar wins with dial at 2.   Justice served. 

LOL no mercy. That's one mad wookie

• WookieeRoar and mindlessphilosopher like this

RoyalAegis

RoyalAegis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Split with CoDameron.

Game 1: I'm DS. Dial at 12 and Colby has 2 damage total.

Game 2: I'm LS. Dial at 12 and I have 6 damage total.

Colby, I'm literally humbled every time I speak with you about Star Wars and I appreciate the games. 

• CoDameron and punkeedo like this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1954 posts
Played dunerug swept he had 2 Objectives on LS and 3 points on the DS dial.

Mitch2480

Mitch2480

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Brad and I Split with LS Wins. Brad lost DS with dial at 7.  I lost DS with dial at 4.  

WookieeRoar

WookieeRoar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

LOL no mercy. That's one mad wookie

I will admit that I had a perfect opening flop for my deck and an important disruptor card in my opening hand (Rash Action on jawbone's Iggy B before he could play his Illegal Modifications). If he hadn't flopped The Spice Trade (again) I could almost have killed all his three objectives in turn 1 since I could play 3 beefed-up one-drops.
But 2 turn 2 sleuths will finish the deal if the only DS blockers are 4-cost and you have all 3 bonus damage objectives.

monks

monks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

I was swept by Tarjan in a match that wasn't even close.

For reporting purposes,  I lost as DS with the dial at 6 with 1 objective destroyed and 4 damage on a second one.

I lost as LS with 0 objectives destroyed with 3 LS objectives destroyed.

kiramode

kiramode

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1632 posts

DS split against letux. Letux LS loss 1 objective and 5 damage across other objectives. Kiramode LS loss 2 objectives and 0 damage.

Scoring updated.

doctormungmung

doctormungmung

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Trajan just swept me (surprise surprise).  My DS dial was at 8, LS I had 2 objectives destroyed, and 2 objectives with 1 damage each.  At least I got some decent points...  Well played, as always.

RoyalAegis

RoyalAegis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Won both games against punkeedo.

Game 1 (i'm LS): I kill 3 objectives, punk has dial at 6 with no damage on objectives.

Game 2 (i'm DS): I get dial to 12 with 3 objectives destroyed, punk has no damage on objectives. 

Jason, can't believe it took us this long to actually play! Will keep you to your word to schedule more games in the future!

• punkeedo likes this

WookieeRoar

WookieeRoar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Split DS win with TheNameWasTaken.

We both got 3 points for LS loss (TheNameWasTaken 6 total damage; WookieeRoar 1 killed Spice-trade and 3 Damage for 5 Total)

Tarjan

Tarjan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Trajan won both against Medfreeman

First Game, Medfreeman have dial at 7

Second Game, no obj destroy, 2 damages on objectives.

• kiramode and medfreeman like this

sdrewthomson

sdrewthomson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

I sweep donerug.

He got the dial to 4 on DS and he got no damage out as LS.

• kiramode likes this

MattZag

MattZag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Just finished an OCTGN group 1 match with Thaliak.

I won both games,  My LS vs Thaliak's DS -  Thaliak Had the Deathstar Dial at 4

My DS vs Thaliak's LS - Thaliak Had 1 destroyed objective, and 7 damage on two other objectives

-MattZag

• kiramode and Thaliak like this