Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

For Shame!

Best Answer mplain , 13 September 2017 - 10:39 AM

Select

- For all selections, an option that has the potential to change the game state must be chosen, if able.

See more here.

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Caldera

Caldera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Question as to whether the your opponent MUST choose option A if option B is not possible (and vice versa)

The card text says that if you have a participating Courtier then your opponent must Dishonour or Bow that character. So, assuming you meet the participating Courtier condition:

1) If the chosen card is already bowed (e.g. by the Crane Stronghold), must your opponent Dishonour that character - or can they simply go "I will chose Bow - so nothing happens as he/she is already bowed"?

2) If the chosen card is already Dishonoured - or more to the point, cannot become Dishonoured (thanks to the presence of Steward of Law) - then must they Bow that character or can your opponent go "I choose Dishonour - so nothing happens because characters cannot become Dishonoured/is already Dishonoured"?

[Just for the record, I do understand that if your opponent's card is already Bowed AND Dishonoured then you can't play the card as you can't change the game state; similarly, in the event that you choose a ready Honoured character then in either of the above two scenarios your opponent will have to Bow or Dishonour]

Asklepios

Asklepios

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 4928 posts

Dude, I've posted this thread earlier today!

http://www.cardgamed...t-does-nothing/

Amused to see your first action at work was the same as mine though... go onto cardgamedb!

• Caldera likes this

mplain

mplain

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts
✓  Best Answer
Select

- For all selections, an option that has the potential to change the game state must be chosen, if able.

See more here.

• Caldera likes this

Caldera

Caldera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Dude, I've posted this thread earlier today!

http://www.cardgamed...t-does-nothing/

Amused to see your first action at work was the same as mine though... go onto cardgamedb!

You're obviously a faster typer than me as I started writing it at about 8:30am on my phone on the train in to work - but I see your thread has clocked in 6 minutes before mine :)

Anyway, good to have this confirmed.