Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

R2 D2 and Rex's objective

Best Answer dbmeboy , 03 November 2017 - 08:47 PM

Yes, you can focus the facedown enhancements on R2-D2 to pay the objective ability's cost. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts
Can you use the enhancements under R2 to pay for the reaction on Rex's objective? I think so, but want to make sure before I go all in on my deck.

theChony

theChony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Sorry, I have no idea who Rex is or what his objective does(I sometimes want to be surprised when I open cards). However, I do have this official ruling from Erik (R.I.P) about R2's enhancements that may answer your question:

The facedown enhancement
itself would be an enhancement for other card abilities to
reference. These facedown enhancements
 are in play; however, as a facedown card, they have no
cost, faction, text box, or any other game element.

-Erik Dahlman
LCG Developer

So if something references any of those things above that it doesn't have(cost, faction, etc...) it usually won't work.

• Rio and Thaliak like this

Rio

Rio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2098 posts

Sorry, I have no idea who Rex is or what his objective does(I sometimes want to be surprised when I open cards). However, I do have this official ruling from Erik (R.I.P) about R2's enhancements that may answer your question:

The facedown enhancement
itself would be an enhancement for other card abilities to
reference. These facedown enhancements
 are in play; however, as a facedown card, they have no
cost, faction, text box, or any other game element.

-Erik Dahlman
LCG Developer

So if something references any of those things above that it doesn't have(cost, faction, etc...) it usually won't work.

Rex's objective says at the start of a phase focus an enhancement with 2 tokens to remove a focus token from a character unit. So I am thinking it will work.

TheNameWasTaken

TheNameWasTaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

I don't see why it wouldn't.

• Rio likes this

WookieeRoar

WookieeRoar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
Interesting. Would be quite powerful... First focus them double then next turn put them in play and be able to focus them double again.
That would make Scrap R2 actually playble. Especially since the Grappling Hook can give additional factions under your control for Rex's power.
  • Rio and TheNameWasTaken like this

dbmeboy

dbmeboy

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3717 posts
✓  Best Answer
Yes, you can focus the facedown enhancements on R2-D2 to pay the objective ability's cost.

Boreas

Boreas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Yes, you can focus the facedown enhancements on R2-D2 to pay the objective ability's cost.

If I play it, then what happens to focuses?

WookieeRoar

WookieeRoar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

If I play it, then what happens to focuses?

I would say the same as with a bounced Falcon or Heroes and Legends'd character. Tokens on the card in its previous state are discarded and the card reaches its new play state as normal.
  • dbmeboy, medfreeman and TheNameWasTaken like this